Discussion Tread for Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.x KitKat)/ Cyanogenmod 10.2(jb)

Search This thread

MA-90@

Jul 24, 2012
What recovery should I use to install the latest 11 cm for galaxy min?
On Jenkins says that must use recovery compatible with TLS ... I'm confused
which recovery can I use?

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
AFAIK psyke83 got the needed info for all msm7x27 devices. And he finally decided to keep the partitions un-swapped for all the msm7x27 devices (except galaxy5) knowing that all these devices have system partition already larger than data partition.

the experiment worked out well for me, the thunderc has a 30MB or so bigger data partition. Now I have the source tweaks to make it happen easily.
I do appreciate androidarmv6.

MA-90@

Jul 24, 2012
so for the moment I can not install on galaxy mini latest release 26/7 because it's after 21/7 and we do not have a recovery that supports TLS right?

Last edited:

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
so for the moment I can not install on galaxy mini latest release 26/7 because it's after 21/7 and we do not have a recovery that supports TLS right?

The link to recovery that I gave is TLS suppprted. You can give it a try. It won't brick your phone. The worst case can be a bootloop but you can always flash a stock ROM through ODIN OR flash a recovery through ODIN and then flash/restore any custom ROM.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
how do I install latest release galaxy mini since I have not found recovery TLS?

AFAIK, @psyke83 didn't announce for any tls recovery for tass (Galaxy Mini). You can try this recovery:

http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/vie...perimental/1057/artifact/archive/recovery.img

I cannot guarantee it will work. Try at your own risk.
The link to recovery that I gave is TLS suppprted. You can give it a try. It won't brick your phone. The worst case can be a bootloop but you can always flash a stock ROM through ODIN OR flash a recovery through ODIN and then flash/restore any custom ROM.

look here.

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
This recovery doesn't work, i Tried it

Hmm....Do you really know how to flash that recovery.img file?

Here's how:

Assuming the file is copied to /sdcard/recovery.img, this procedure will flash the recovery (requires root privileges in terminal):

Code:
adb shell
su
flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img

I was used CWM 6.0.4.5 to instal CM 11 RC 4, and it works:)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

You need a new recovery (read recent posts by psyke83) for jenkins builds dated later than 22/07/2014.

Reactions: mmcvip and toudas

Mata99

Jun 23, 2014
Hmm....Do you really know how to flash that recovery.img file?

Here's how:

Assuming the file is copied to /sdcard/recovery.img, this procedure will flash the recovery (requires root privileges in terminal):

Code:
adb shell
su
flash_image recoveryonly /sdcard/recovery.img

You need a new recovery (read recent posts by psyke83) for jenkins builds dated later than 22/07/2014.

I tried to restore in recovery and now finally I managed to install release 22/7

nshooter

Dec 22, 2012
New Update is available

Hey guys , New update is available for download in jenkins.

Require latest CWM to flash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! Any progress with ART men? :)
    ARM opcodes are ported and integration code is ported too. Now, a runtime/dex2oat bug is bloking us, we are trying to fix it :)
    I would appreciate if you could test build #845 (cm11).

This build will test these changes:
    • Re-enable triplebuffering and disable sync framework support in surfaceflinger. Should hopefully reduce graphical glitches and may also improve performance in certain cases.
    • Fix live wallpapers & install basic live wallpapers by default. I'd appreciate feedback on whether this causes problems (e.g. if it occupies too much space on the Mini to allow for gapps).
    • Temporary patch to framework that allows for more convenient tuning of the lowmemorykiller driver. This may help us find a better configuration than the values calculated by the framework. This patch adds a system property to override the minfree adjustment value, which would normally have to be changed in the framework-res overlay. If you're interested in testing, see my post on MadTeam here for full details (but it's completely optional).

As well as the changes in testing, the build will also include some fixes that have already been merged: some security/stability updates for the kernel, mnemonyc's Trebuchet LDPI fix, and working RenderScript. The latter means that the Gallery editor functions will now work.

Big thanks to PlaguedByPenguins for contributing the fixes for live wallpapers and RenderScript.
    For camera, I have implemented psykes libcamerahal and libcamera for galaxy5 on mini and gio. Tested succesfully on gio meanwhile (note, max pic res is 2MB, will check that later) and started a testbuild for tass (cm-10.2)

See commits here and here for mini.

Testbuild running here
    (if you want to test on gio, this will be compiled right after the mini expirimental)

I would be glad to have some feedback on it. Preferrably on the review, but I will check back here again later tonight.
    yes 3 MP WORKS :laugh::laugh::laugh:

but effects don't works
    vw1q.png

f4pv.png

@erikcass camera has strange colour, the colurs are not normal photos looks like not colorful

effects donot work, true
    less colourfull, true

camera lacks some functions if done this way, I fully understand. But it functions. For some reason I / we cannot make the old hal function from cm-10.2 so for now it is our best option.

Offcourse, all will be done to enhance this hal
    Hello everyone :)
    i see great development going on :D i have bought galaxy s4 mini, so galaxy mini is not my first device now.. but i will download the latest experimental build today and see what i can do to help :)