[APP][RELEASED]uShout

Search This thread

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
So, I am working on a new Android app and I would love some input on it.

The basic idea is that you can easily "chat" with other random users. I find this very hard to explain without showing so I will just run through the process here. You launch the app then you can write something in a text box and "shout it". The message gets uploaded and then you download a message that someone else has shouted out. You can then either download another message or reply to the message you have, effectively initiating a conversation with that person.

All comments and feedback appreciated, preferably on the Connect-UTB forums but I will check here as well ;)

UPDATE: The app is now out on the Market.. feel free to give it a go!

Attachments

• snapshot-2.jpg
    snapshot-2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,000
Last edited:

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Glad you think so! It will be on the Market soon enough I think, depending on what feedback I get from this limited beta test.

johnnie93

Apr 19, 2009
Kuwait
Add different colors for each user and make it like a live update not to press the Grab new shout then it updates Other then that the UI is Good. :)

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Thanks for the ideas. I will make it grab a new shout when you post one (i think, maybe make it a setting).

Not sure what you're thinking when it comes to the colours though? Give each user a unique colour? As in their name? Something like:

Reply from Bob: Hey darling

Reply from Alice: Hey handsome

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Alright, I will give it some though.

I am not sure how to implement the live updates though. Been thinking about it for a while and havent decided on the best way to do this yet, so any suggestions would be welcome!

johnnie93

Apr 19, 2009
Kuwait
Alright, I will give it some though.

I am not sure how to implement the live updates though. Been thinking about it for a while and havent decided on the best way to do this yet, so any suggestions would be welcome!

You could ask some twitter developers because they have the auto updating feature.
sorry i cant personally help im just learning java.

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Re: [BETA][UNDER DEVELOPMENT]uShout

Its not the coding that is the problem, its just figuring out how I want it to be.

Also I'm figuring out how I shouts should be grabbed. Now it just grabs the newest (if you don't have any replies) so if lots of shouts are being posted then most of them might never be read. However I don't want users to get the same shout twice so I have some thinking to do.

Thanks for testing it though. I think it can be a fun app once it gets published on the market

Sent from my Nexus One

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
1. Maybe add an option to make the random user a favourite or friend?
2. Also add an icon/picture to your name?
3. An option to add a picture to your post? i.e. "look what I saw today!" - picture.jpg

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Re: [BETA][UNDER DEVELOPMENT]uShout

1. Maybe add an option to make the random user a favourite or friend?
2. Also add an icon/picture to your name?
3. An option to add a picture to your post? i.e. "look what I saw today!" - picture.jpg

Great ideas. Will see what I can do. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus One

exelinguy

Mar 13, 2010
What do you think about implementing the Omegle protocol? That can provide a good number of users immediately.

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
Hmm, interesting. I have been wanting to keep images and pictures of it due to the nastyness that tends to show up. However, a male/female setting would be nice.