Backing up Apps and Settings

Search This thread

pcollins

Jan 29, 2007
hi

Can somebody tell me what's the best way to backup apps and settings when moving from one rom to another,

Thanks

cyberboob

Apr 4, 2012
It depends. If you're coming from 4.1.2 ROM... and going to 4.3... Titanium Backup will have issues because they changed things on where/how files are stored in 4.3... but I think there is a fix for TB somewhere.
PS
Never backup system data if you're updating to a new ROM. It messes things up. Just use the Backup new user apps & newer versions.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
hi

Can somebody tell me what's the best way to backup apps and settings when moving from one rom to another,

Thanks
There are two useful application which almost supports all custom ROMs.

1. ROM ToolBox Pro (Which might have special features including Accounts, Call Log, Contacts and so available with pro app)

2. My Backup Pro (It also have most of facilities but have comusion/requrement of externel app).

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Titanium back up works well. .. old versions ...need tb fix app from play store on kitkat

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
I used Titanium when I upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3 and it all worked well. Use Titanium for all user apps and data. All system stuff will be automatically restored from Google Play (i.e. Contacts and Apps, Wifi access points) the only thing you need to backup extra is SMSes. You can do this from Titanium (export to XML).