[APP][ROOT][3.0+] #DebugAllTheThings

Search This thread

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Hello fellow XDA-Developers members!
Recently, I made a blog post(available at r3pwn.github.io) about Google's first-party apps' debugging settings. Afterwards, people asked me to make an automated app to Enable/Disable these settings menus at will.
Well, here you have it:

#DebugAllTheThings
Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.r3pwn.LetMeMakeYouSomeSandwiches
OR
You can grab the apk at the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQEPHbTVg2RZkhpemdtejhMODA/edit?usp=sharing

For those on Android "L", follow this post to fix any issues.

Changelog and FAQ will be in the second post. :)

Last edited:

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Changelog:
Current version:
- Bugs squashed
- On-the-fly changing (no reboot needed, except on android L)
- Adds a check for non-rooted users
- Reports there may be some compatibility issues on Android L
- Added Newsstand Debugging
- First build uploaded to the Play Store!
- Play Store will open in a new Activity, instead of in my app, so as to avoid any confusion

Older versions:
- Safer SQLite3 check. :D

- Not yet published to Play Store
- Google Play Store Debugging
- Google Hangouts Debugging
- Google Play Books Debugging
- Google Play Music Debugging
- Added SQLite3 binary check

FAQ:
It says I don't have SQLite3 installed. What do I do?
You should have them installed by default, but in case you don't, you can install them with an app (not made by me). Just search "SQLite Installer for Root" and download the first app listed.

So I did everything, enabled the settings, but where are they?
You can find them in the locations listed below after opening the corresponding app(s):
Google Play Store - Open the slide-out tab. It should be below the Feedback button. It's called "Debug Settings".
Hangouts - Either hit your menu button or tap the Three-dot menu button in the top-right corner. It should be at the bottom of that list. It's called "Debug".
Play Music - Open the standard Settings menu and it should be at the bottom (Just one option about logging, pretty boring).
Play Books - Tap the Three-dot menu button in the top-right corner. It should be at the bottom of that list. It's called "Testing".
Newsstand - Open the standard Settings menu and it should be at the bottom (just one option called "Designer Mode", pretty boring).

Last edited:

nathantaylor

Thanks for this all, it's a useful utility. This could be a splash perhaps? Haha

e9e6y7ar.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Minagera

Feb 24, 2012
Huntsville
Yep having the same problem on the N5 with L.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-16-00-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-16-00-11.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 689
  • Screenshot_2014-07-01-16-00-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-16-00-19.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 702

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
The Play Store debug settings are nice because you can use "Clear cache and quite" to force a refresh of app updates. I've been using it for a while and also included it in an Xposed module.

Reactions: r3pwn

bigknowz

Google Calendar

Haven't had any luck getting help with this question, seems like this thread is the right place to ask again. Trying to modify the default appointment time in Calendar to 30 minutes from 60 so the app acts like the web version. Poked around the code and nothing jumped out at me. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Also, if you have a Nexus 5, check out these color notifications I made. The Nexus colors are up to date, I'll update the Google colors over the holiday.

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
Out of curiosity, anyone know what the "Emulate Offers Device" option does in Play Books?

And nicely done, I've been wanting something to get at those hidden menus for a while.

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Hey, sorry, my modem broke and I am using Library wifi to type this post.
To all with Android L issues, I noticed these after uploading the first build and losing my wifi. I added a check for this in the next update. To fix issues with "L" compatibility, follow this guide. It was designed for Nexus 5, but works on my Nexus 7, too. I have version 1.2 built and ready to go (fixes disabling Books Debug bug) and adds more options:
- Bugs squashed
- Will be first build uploaded to the Play Store!
- Play Store will open in a new Activity, instead of in my app, so as to avoid any confusion

Now, you may be asking "Sweet! When can I get my hands on it?!".
As I stated before, I do not have wifi. The new modem is in the mail and should be here either today, tomorrow, or the day after.
I am also continually trying to find more debugging flags. So far, no luck. Some will require Xposed to enable, and I will have MrBIMC create me an Xposed module to manage this.
The second our new modem gets set up, I will be uploading the 1.2 apk and publishing it to Play Store. The reason I can't do it now is because I do all of my building/coding/testing on my Nexus 7, which I didn't bring with me today.

I hope this answers any and all questions.

Also, to those on L, once you activate the PIE-bypass, toggle each option a few times, then the value displayed will be correct.

Reactions: ktetreault14

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
I just uploaded to the Play Store. It will be listed as "#DebugAllTheThings for Root". :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow XDA-Developers members!
    Recently, I made a blog post(available at r3pwn.github.io) about Google's first-party apps' debugging settings. Afterwards, people asked me to make an automated app to Enable/Disable these settings menus at will.
    Well, here you have it:

#DebugAllTheThings
    Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.r3pwn.LetMeMakeYouSomeSandwiches
    OR
    You can grab the apk at the link below:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQEPHbTVg2RZkhpemdtejhMODA/edit?usp=sharing

For those on Android "L", follow this post to fix any issues.

Changelog and FAQ will be in the second post. :)
    The Play Store debug settings are nice because you can use "Clear cache and quite" to force a refresh of app updates. I've been using it for a while and also included it in an Xposed module.
    Hey, sorry, my modem broke and I am using Library wifi to type this post.
    To all with Android L issues, I noticed these after uploading the first build and losing my wifi. I added a check for this in the next update. To fix issues with "L" compatibility, follow this guide. It was designed for Nexus 5, but works on my Nexus 7, too. I have version 1.2 built and ready to go (fixes disabling Books Debug bug) and adds more options:
    - Bugs squashed
    - Will be first build uploaded to the Play Store!

Now, you may be asking "Sweet! When can I get my hands on it?!".
    As I stated before, I do not have wifi. The new modem is in the mail and should be here either today, tomorrow, or the day after.
    I am also continually trying to find more debugging flags. So far, no luck. Some will require Xposed to enable, and I will have MrBIMC create me an Xposed module to manage this.
    The second our new modem gets set up, I will be uploading the 1.2 apk and publishing it to Play Store. The reason I can't do it now is because I do all of my building/coding/testing on my Nexus 7, which I didn't bring with me today.

I hope this answers any and all questions.

Also, to those on L, once you activate the PIE-bypass, toggle each option a few times, then the value displayed will be correct.
    While the application is being processed, I went ahead and uploaded build 1.2. ?

EDIT: Hey, it's up! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.r3pwn.LetMeMakeYouSomeSandwiches
    Here ya go. If you need one without the navbar I can do that too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app