HTC One Display/Software Problem!?

Search This thread

MrWain

Jul 23, 2010
Hi,

Have not posted in here in a while but i'm having a huge problem with my HTC one M7.

Had the phone for a year now and suffered a problem with it once before. The problem before was something to do with the phone locking itself and required me sending it off to HTC to repair. It kept bootlooping and wouldn't allow me to do anything at all.

This problem hasn't occurred since repair however last week the phone was working fine until the next morning when i woke up. My girlfriend used my phone to send herself some photo's and then put the phone on charge as the battery was running low. When i woke up the screen stays black and wont allow me to do anything. If i hold the power button the bottom two lights flash and i can hear the phone booting itself back up. I have a feeling the phone works since everyday at 6:15pm my alarm goes off and i am able to deactivate the alarm by swiping up (i remember the location of the dismiss function) it would appear i'm also able to receive calls and texts since i can hear my message and ring tone going off however cannot see the screen.

I have tried a few things such as holding buttons to reboot, shining a light onto the sensor during a reboot and fully charging etc however nothing.

I should also add i have a slight hairline crack in the screen which occurred about 9 months ago but didn't appear to affect the LCD at all or the digitiser either. Any help would be highly appreciated or any tips on stuff to try.

more information available if needed.

Many Thanks
Kris

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi,

Have not posted in here in a while but i'm having a huge problem with my HTC one M7.

Had the phone for a year now and suffered a problem with it once before. The problem before was something to do with the phone locking itself and required me sending it off to HTC to repair. It kept bootlooping and wouldn't allow me to do anything at all.

This problem hasn't occurred since repair however last week the phone was working fine until the next morning when i woke up. My girlfriend used my phone to send herself some photo's and then put the phone on charge as the battery was running low. When i woke up the screen stays black and wont allow me to do anything. If i hold the power button the bottom two lights flash and i can hear the phone booting itself back up. I have a feeling the phone works since everyday at 6:15pm my alarm goes off and i am able to deactivate the alarm by swiping up (i remember the location of the dismiss function) it would appear i'm also able to receive calls and texts since i can hear my message and ring tone going off however cannot see the screen.

I have tried a few things such as holding buttons to reboot, shining a light onto the sensor during a reboot and fully charging etc however nothing.

I should also add i have a slight hairline crack in the screen which occurred about 9 months ago but didn't appear to affect the LCD at all or the digitiser either. Any help would be highly appreciated or any tips on stuff to try.

more information available if needed.

Many Thanks
Kris
It looks like you tried all of the usual methods, sorry but it might just be the screen is shorted.