shiftyHungary

Sep 29, 2011
Budapest
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Flashing Instructions:

1. In CWM, wipe data/factory reset
  2. Restart phone, put it into Download mode
  3. On PC, start Odin, select Gio v1.0 for OPS
  4. Connect the Phone to PC via USB 2.0 port(important!2.0 port!)
  5. Select One Package option, search GioProv1.4.tar
  6. Ckick Start, wait until the flash finishes.
  7. After flashing completed, wipe data/factory reset again

JJackJi

Nov 1, 2011
Hi, does anyone know if there is a multiple-file version of this ROM that can be used with ODIN?? I currently have the s5660m version of the samsung gio, and I can only use ROMs built for s5660 by skipping phone/modem file.

The process is described in step 2 of this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17332208&postcount=1013

And if the ROM is given in a single-file, how do I skip the phone/modem part when flashing?

I know in a multiple-file version, it goes something like this:

OPS = GIO_v1.0.ops
Boot = APBOOT_S5660XXKPA_CL258140_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
Phone = MODEM_S5660XXKP7_CL258140_REV03.tar.md5
PDA = PDA_GIOPRO_v1.1_CL258140_REV03.tar.md5
CSC = GT-S5660-csc-SERKP4.tar.md5

How would I extract these parts separately from a single tar file??

Or is there any other way to accomplish this??

Any help would be really really appreciated.

And thanks in advance to anyone who could lend a hand.

Can anyone help please?

millionsun93

Oct 30, 2011
Ha Noi
Can anyone help please?
1.turn one usb debugging mode,
2.turn off phone, put your phone into Download mode (home+volume down+power)
3.open odin ,select OPS file,
4.connect to your PC
5.tick one package in option
6.select GioPRO_v_1_4-S5660.tar
7.start and wait :D
giopro.jpg

don't care about COM port number, it depends on your pc

JJackJi

Nov 1, 2011
Hi, thanks for the replies above, I think what I'm trying to ask is that sometimes ROMs are compiled into 1 file format, sometimes there are multiple files, how do I convert between these two ??

How do I change the one file into multiple files, which enables me to skip certain parts, which enables me to actually use it on S5600M.

The SimpliGio+ ROM offered this functionality.

Thanks

apoalex

Dec 5, 2011
Bucharest
short answer: you can't. you actually can't extract the file you need because it's a *.tar file. of course you can open it with 7zip but that wouldn't help you. that means it's a file that does not have any other dependencies and it can be flashed by itself along with an *.ops file. it is a so called "one package" that has all the drivers compiled along with the code for them to work. there is no solution for your problem and it will never be. but for what you need, you can take the roms that have multiple files (modem, csc, phone etc) and just skip the modem. example: you cannot use the giopro v1.4 file that is posted for download because it's a single file... but... you may have a shot if you ask the developer as in rachmat3 to give you these files... or you can use another custom rom that is based on multiple files. sorry for not giving you good news but that's how it works. good luck

Last edited:

Delanoister

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2011
Cimahi, Bandung
Hi, thanks for the replies above, I think what I'm trying to ask is that sometimes ROMs are compiled into 1 file format, sometimes there are multiple files, how do I convert between these two ??

How do I change the one file into multiple files, which enables me to skip certain parts, which enables me to actually use it on S5600M.

Thanks

what u mean of this sentence "how do I convert between these two ??" ?
u want your archive consist of two parts? if u do, u can use hjsplit to make it like that

JJackJi

Nov 1, 2011
short answer: you can't. you actually can't extract the file you need because it's a *.tar file. of course you can open it with 7zip but that wouldn't help you. that means it's a file that does not have any other dependencies and it can be flashed by itself along with an *.ops file. it is a so called "one package" that has all the drivers compiled along with the code for them to work. there is no solution for your problem and it will nmyever be. but for what you need, you can take the roms that have multiple files (modem, csc, phone etc) and just skip the modem. example: you cannot use the giopro v1.4 file that is posted for download because it's a single file... but... you may have a shot if you ask the developer as in rachmat3 to give you these files... or you can use another custom rom that is based on multiple files. sorry for not giving you good news but that's how it works. good luck

Thank you for your reply. This is exactly what I've been looking for, it is sad news but at least now I know :)

Thanks again. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

what u mean of this sentence "how do I convert between these two ??" ?
u want your archive consist of two parts? if u do, u can use hjsplit to make it like that

What I meant was how do I take a sing package(. Tar) file and break it Into the separate files that Odin uses when using the multiple file method. If I can do that I can choose to skip some files. The reply above you told me this can't be done.

Anyways thanks for all help from everyone. :)

apoalex

Dec 5, 2011
Bucharest
thik first then post

so... you are actually very very wrong. the giopro v1.4 is actually the best rom i've seen (talk about performance and not launcher design). now i assume you are on xda... because you are interested in stuff like this so it should not matter what launcher you have on the rom as long as there are many options for changing the launcher (including the option to turn back to stock touchwiz launcher). you can change it yourself. i actually installed this rom and deleted many default, stock apps that bugged me (they just ate my phone memory and were not that good compared to other apps) and installed new ones... it is a matter of how good the custom rom is, but on this forum you are provided with ideas to improve the performance. so my advice... you could have said you don't like the launcher but not that the "1,4 version sucks".

pasterzppp

Sep 26, 2011
Nowy Targ
It is not only launcher. Sometimes I have reebots, rom is starting very, very long (but i haven't many apps, it is short after instalation) sometimes bootloop...

apoalex

Dec 5, 2011
Bucharest
you should have told this from the begining "it sucks because...". it means you haven't done things right. did you wipe reset factory, then wipe dalvik cache, then wipe battery stats and wipe cache partition before flashing and after flashing? because on some phones you need to do that. if it doesn't work flash the stock android gingerbread 2.3.5, then wipe factory reset, then flash giopro 1.4, then wipe factory reset again. if it doesn't work then you're doing something wrong or your phone has issues (giopro should work on all s5660 devices the same). good luck

nick00356

Dec 6, 2011
Taipei
I just flashed v1.2 but forgot rooting before flashing.
(I flashed via odin v4.42)

now it stopped at "android animation" after reboot.
can anyone tell me how can I do?
how regret I am :(

bdasmith

Oct 18, 2011
Watrous

Thanks

you can un-tar the file (extract it) remove the files you need to remove and then repackage it ( .tar it again) yoiu need to use a linux based program for this such as cygwin. you can google it.

phreak_or

Oct 28, 2011
Oradea
Hey guys!
I have a S5660 with GioPro 1.4 on it, and been using it for over 3 weeks now but i have just found a problem.
I can't use my bluetooth. I turn it on, can add devices, pair them but can't connect.
I've tried a bt handsfree, my laptop and another phone (SE J10i2 if it matters).
I know it worked before, because on stock ROM i could send and receive files, and also on GioPro 1.2.

Can i do something about it?

Also, could i resore a nandroid backup from v1.4 to v1.2? That's if i have to go back to the other version.

THANKS!

Wabot

Aug 12, 2011
Amman
I want to say that I flashed GioPRO 1.4 over 1.3 without any factory reset or wiping, it works like charm and kept everything as before!

Edit: Any plans for V1.5? :)

Last edited:

ares93

Dec 17, 2008
Stockholm
Do you have stagefright active on this rom, mate? Cause I just outdid the Droid X 2.2+ in quadrant. Total score: 1286

Splendid rom by the way. Quick and stable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    giopro.png

Screenshot :
    homescreen.png
    lockscreen.png
    kies_air.png

about.png
    notification.png
    a2sd.png

Changelog:
    • Base on XXKTF Android 2.3.6 same feature as v1.5
    • Phiexz Kernel Version 2.1 with CWM 5.0.2.7 Recovery
    • Universal Mega Bass + Beats Audio Credit to wiendyn Geva Ardhany
    • Major bugs fix
    All changelog - http://tinypaste.com/330a9dcd

Instructions :

SD Card Partition (optional)
    If you need to use A2SD Darktremor very recomended you create ext2 partition on your

sdcard before you start flashing, if you don't want it you can skip this step.
    Partition can be create using Partition Wizard, download here
    Step to create partition.
    1. Inset your SD Card to card reader (donot use phone)
    2. Run Partition Wizard
    3. Right click on SDCard select Move/Resize
    4. Select your partition size
    5. Click OK
    6. Right click on unallocated space
    7. Click Create
    8. It will show a warning, click yes
    9. Choose Create as Primary
    10. Partition type Ext2/Ext3/Ext4
    11. Cluster size 4Kb
    12. Click Ok
    13. Click Apply
    14. Done
    15. Now insert the SD Card to your phone

Flashing

1. Turn off your phone
    2. PressHome + Volume [-] + Power button until it show downloading...
    2. Connect your phone to PC
    3. Run ODIN and insert all needed file
    Code:
    OPS = GIO_v1.0.ops
    One package = GioPro_v1.X.tar
    4. Click Start and wait until your phone reboot.
    5. If you see a triangle after reboot just touch menu and select "reboot system now".
    6. Enjoy

A2SD
    To start a2sd run this command using ADB and wait until your phone reboot
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    a2sd cachesdreset
    If you want an extreem a2sd add this command
    Code:
    a2sd datasd

Download : (no other mirror please)
    v1.6 - http://ul.to/tpw8z8ax mirror: http://turbobit.net/cc27f8p5prdx.html

Old build :
    v1.5 - http://ul.to/n2u72auj Mirror: http://turbobit.net/86dmdtjdar9r.html (include CWM Recovery - Some user having problem with this version)
    v1.5 non CWM - http://ul.to/0k9on6if Mirror: http://turbobit.net/em7o4le7gw9u.html
    v1.4 - http://ul.to/wfxr8vbm mirror: http://turbobit.net/rgxdyvh1q8iv.html
    All build -http://tinypaste.com/471c290a

GioPro v1.2 video review by

waqasshahzad1986

MS"]>>> SUPPORT MY WORK WITH A SMALL DONATION! <<<[/FONT]

GioPro Update v1.3

see first post...
    I have some questions:
    . Does this ROM support swap partition? With the GIO we'll need this feature.
    . Do I need to backup my SD card as this is the first time I use darktremor and from the look of thing I need to partition my SD card right? Can you elaborate on how to use this feature?

Thanks.

it not support swap yet.
    for using a2sd darktremor you need to make partition on your sdcard first before flashing, after you finish flashing just run a2sd cachesdreset from adb.
    @rahulmaxi01: You did it wrong so you're still on the old ROM, try to redo the instruction to the letters and if still fail search for guides on using Odin.

@maconcasper: If you don't wanna use adb and want to use terminal emulator like me this is how I did it:
    . Follow Rachmat3's instruction on partitioning your SD card.
    . Follow the flash guide to step 4, before step 5 that you don't understand.
    . After your phone booted, get into market and install android terminal emulator.
    . Start android terminal emulator
    . Type in "su", allow it elevates
    . Type in "a2sd cachesdreset", you should see a bunch of text scrolling and your phone restarting with a2sd enabled. You might want to use the other command.

If you did it wrong, the phone might get into a boot loop, just flash it again and remember to follow the instructions by words.

@mnaveed: You haven't enabled a2sd with "a2sd cachesdreset" so it crashes, read the instructions by Rachmat3 (using adb) or mine (using terminal emulator) again
    Sorry i already leave this thread for a long time, GioPro v1.2 ready to build.
    i will upload it tomorow.