[ROM][Updated 5-28-12]MazWoz-EVO ICS ROM BETA 6

Search This thread

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
Sounds like this ROM is coming along great. Pity i gave up on ICS for the EVO, need my phone for Business so i cant take any chances.
Great job Moz, keep up the great work!

Also, thanks for your service, stay safe!!

gmassucco

Feb 28, 2012
Elk Grove
If you don't need the stuff in the OP for work, then yes, it's that stable. I loved it when I was running it a couple weeks ago.

Just flashed B5 and Mason kernal, and not a single random reboot yet which is unheard of on my evo. Every time if have flashed a ROM in the past, I always go through a couple boots before everything is working fairly stable. Using titanium right now to restore everything, but another awesome release by Maz. I am gald you didn't release early, just to get it out when you origionally thought. The wait was worth it. I need a stable ROM, and this puts other ROMs to shame in that sense. Thanks again MAZ. :D

Chaddy0122

May 7, 2010
Just flashed B5 and Mason kernal, and not a single random reboot yet which is unheard of on my evo. Every time if have flashed a ROM in the past, I always go through a couple boots before everything is working fairly stable. Using titanium right now to restore everything, but another awesome release by Maz. I am gald you didn't release early, just to get it out when you origionally thought. The wait was worth it. I need a stable ROM, and this puts other ROMs to shame in that sense. Thanks again MAZ. :D

What Mason kernel did you use? I flashed just the SBC one and I think my phone has been a little slower with no improvment in battery from what I can tell. Since I flashed beta 5 last night, my phone is roaming a lot more and every time I reset my phone, when it first comes on I always get a message saying Apex stopped working. I click ok and it comes right back on, but these are problems I never had with 4.0 or 4.7. I'm sure the roaming is probably hurting my battery performance too. I just wonder if this Mason kernel is messing with my phone or performance??

Last edited:

gmassucco

Feb 28, 2012
Elk Grove
What Mason kernal did you use? I flashed just the SBC one and I think my phone has been a little slower with no improvment in battery from what I can tell. Since I flashed beta 5 last night, my phone is roaming a lot more and every time I reset my phone, when it first comes on I always get a message saying Apex stopped working. I click ok and it comes right back on, but these are problems I never had with 4.0 or 4.7. I'm sure the roaming is probably hurting my battery performance too. I just wonder if this Mason kernal is messing with my phone or performance??

The same kernal, 1.4SBC. I am not having any problems with roaming, but my APEX does say the same thing every time I reboot and then it works fine. I am not seeing much speed improvement, but everything seems much more stable. I haven't been using it long enough to know about the battery life, but it seems to be holding a pretty strong charge even with me playing with it constantly and downloading stuff. Totally honest, so far, this is the most stable release yet. I have not had one forclose on anything with the exception of the APEX error whenever I reboot. Awesome job MAZ.

lijujg

Feb 6, 2008
Red border flashes for Chrome

Anyone seeing a red border flash by as soon as Chrome opens? Doesnt really interfere but seems to bother everyone I show off how fast the browser is :)

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9 Pro
What Mason kernel did you use? I flashed just the SBC one and I think my phone has been a little slower with no improvment in battery from what I can tell. Since I flashed beta 5 last night, my phone is roaming a lot more and every time I reset my phone, when it first comes on I always get a message saying Apex stopped working. I click ok and it comes right back on, but these are problems I never had with 4.0 or 4.7. I'm sure the roaming is probably hurting my battery performance too. I just wonder if this Mason kernel is messing with my phone or performance??

make sure to get a full charge and drain .. give the kernel a day or two to settle in .. im getting really good batt life running maz and sbc mason and was on decks with the set up...

Chaddy0122

May 7, 2010
make sure to get a full charge and drain .. give the kernel a day or two to settle in .. im getting really good batt life running maz and sbc mason and was on decks with the set up...

OK will do. I will let it go a few days and see how it goes. I might even try some different radio updates.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been replying. I have been in the travel phase of my deployment. I will be out for a couple days before I can get back on. Good luck and I will try to get back to you guys as soon as possible. If it is important drop me a PM and that way I cannot miss it in the threads.

Again I am glad everyone likes my work.

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone that has been donating. Every little bit helps and keeps me motivated to do a good job. Again thanks.

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
OK, so I flashed tis last night and was very impressed with it. I Smurfed the phone too and saw I am having issues with it so I unsmurfed.
This morning I'm stuck in a boot loop, any ideas?
Looks like a ROM I would wanna stick with for awhile, but don't want any issues as I use my phone for business.

In process of reflashing now

te45a

Jun 27, 2011
Beckley
OK, so I flashed tis last night and was very impressed with it. I Smurfed the phone too and saw I am having issues with it so I unsmurfed.
Looks like a ROM I would wanna stick with for awhile, but don't want any issues as I use my phone for business.

used B5 since it dropped as my daily, and i am yet to have a reboot, most stable ICS for me and I used AOKP, deck, evervolv, gummy... :D
Yes I admit I am flashoholic!

Reactions: mahootzki

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us

The build has smurf settings built in. I'm not sure why it broke when you un-smurfed. Hopefully you don't have any more issues

Sent from my evo running MazWoz-EVO

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
OK, so far so good after reflashing.
Only issue is with the camera, every time I use it, it borks the complete phone and i have to reset.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away...

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
used B5 since it dropped as my daily, and i am yet to have a reboot, most stable ICS for me and I used AOKP, deck, evervolv, gummy... :D
Yes I admit I am flashoholic!

What are you talking about? I'm a dev for my own ROM and still flash everyone else's. I'm a flashoholic, I can't go a couple days without flashing. Yay for boot manager.

gmassucco

Feb 28, 2012
Elk Grove
What are you talking about? I'm a dev for my own ROM and still flash everyone else's. I'm a flashoholic, I can't go a couple days without flashing. Yay for boot manager.

As I have previously posted, I have tried all of those ROMs and B5 is by far the most stable. I still have yet to force close on anything with the only exception being when I first boot up, APEX gives me an error, but then it works perfectly. That only started happening after I flashed the Mason kernal. Maz could almost call this non beta once he irons out the few quirks it has. I don't know if it's the Mason SBC kernal, or Maz's beta, but the battery life is killer. I charged it yesterday morning, flashed B5, downloaded titanium, restored all my apps, downloaded a few updates, made a 20 minute call on my BT headset, played about 30 minutes of music on speakerphone, and have been playing with the settings and downloading new wallpaper for over an hour and I still have about 1/4 my battery without ever plugging it in. Any other ROM, my Sh_t would have been dead 15 hours ago. I have a standard battery. :eek:

neno2323

Dec 28, 2010

I'm on b5 smurfed out what problems were you having .. might can help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MazWoz-EVO ICS Beta 6

• This is an ICS 4.0.3 ROM. Based off of Evervolv's Source
    ***The Good***
    FAST!!!!!!!
    WiFi
    General Use
    Virutall no FC/Random Reboots
    Gallery
    Live Wallpapers
    YouTube
    Chrome (FULLY WORKING)
    SMS split at 160 characters
    Camera (Still no front facing)
    Camcorder
    Panorama
    ***The Bad***
    It's Beta
    Netflix(Audio works, no video)

Check it out. Let me know if there are things that are broke or need to be fixed.

1. Download ROM
    2. Put ROM on SDCARD
    3. Reboot in to recovery
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Wipe Data (Factory Reset)
    6. Wipe System
    7. Wipe Boot
    8. Use a format all
    9. Flash Rom
    10. Flash latest Gapps
    11. Download Rom Manager
    12. Fix Permissions

Code:
    February 6th - Beta 2.5
    Based off of Evervolv
    GApps cooked in
    Small "tweaks" 
    Worked on SDCard issues

February 7th - Beta 3
    Fixed GApps Issues
    Small "tweaks"
    Improved minor speed issues. 
    Gallery more stable
    Increased read_ahead_kb to 512

February 10th - Beta 3.5
    Updated GApps
    Tweaked framework-res
    Added [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276%22"]V6  Supercharger[/URL] from  [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3357461"]Zeppelinrox[/URL]
    Reduced read_ahead_kb to 128 (512 was too agressive)
    Updated Music and Maps
    Removed some apps
    Speed improvements

February 26th - Beta 4
    Compiled from source (Based off of preludedrew's source)
    Multiple framework tweaks
    Removed stock launcher
    Removed a lot of junk apps
    Tweaked build.prop settings
    Added Papa Smurf's build.prop settings
    Changed minor bits of code for speed
    Attempted to work on Camera issues (no avail)

March 13 - B 4.5
    Updated build.prop settings
    Added init.d settings
    Fixed Camera (panorama and camcorder)
    Fixed video playback
    Fixed GPS lock issue for some people 
    Updated file system to EXT-4 (Testing!!!)

March 30 - B 5
    Updated build.prop
    New Kernel
    HWA (Hardware Acceleration)
    Apex Launcher
    Working Chrome browser
    FASTEST yet with quadrant over 1100 using smartass v2 governor

May 28 - B 6
    Fixed camera FCs, Camcorder, and Panorama (still no front facing)
    Fixed GPS; quick lock and stable
    Changed to CM9 Music App
    Removed some live wall papers
    Mason I Series 0.14 SBC with FSO kernel default
    Minor UI changes
    Better battery life
    Changed to T9 Dialer
    [URL]http://mazwoz.zamzow.us/Downloads/MazWoz-EVO-B6.zip[/URL]
    ***Screenshots***
    sc1.png
    sc2.png
    sc3.png

sc5.png
    sc6.png

thlinx,

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is. If I'm not learning and improving fast enough for you, by all means, teach me how to do it better. If my "tweaks" are not good enough, again show me how to do better. I implore you to learn this. It takes time, energy and mistakes.

I am also a real programmer. I develop software for the US Air Force. Over the last year I have written over 200,000 lines of code just for the Air Force. If you count what I have done off duty, I have probably put up more time, and text just in programming than you have flashing your phone.

Just because I am new to developing ROMs, doesn't mean I am a complete "noob" when it comes to programming/writing code/or development in general. I am learning what it takes to develop for Android. It is a separate beast.

Yes, if you want better than what I can offer at the moment, then you need to go with someone who has more time. If you think that my ROM is going backwards, then obviously you have not used too many ICS ROMs.

If you bash everyone that is just starting out, saying that they are not good enough, then you will never get GOOD ROMs. You will get nothing but continuous tweaks and moving of apk files. I have already started de-compiling some open source apks and trying to find some of the issues. I am looking at kernel development. I am looking into building from source. I don't think anyone in here can say they learned all of this in a day, or a week. Most people it takes months to learn how to build, develop and maintain a new operating system. If my "progress" is too un-progressive for you, that is fine. Don't talk trash because it's not good enough. Tell me what you would like "fixed" or changed, and I will work on it. OR, fix it yourself and stop trying to tear other people down.

Any further complaints, issues, or tear downs should be sent to me in a PM and not publicly on a thread where other people have enjoyed my work.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    Thread went off to a bad start, surprised you stuck around after that; but thanks a lot for this!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I'm just glad that someone finally trusted me enough to download and flash. It did get off to a bad start. I should have put more info to start with. That was my fault. I really hope you guys like it. If you do, please click the thanks.
    Ok guys I am gonna say this once and once only. If it is not about the roms development then dont post it.

Arguing about if it is or is not development is pointless. Most Developers start out by theming a rom and work from there.

If you think you can do better then by all means go ahead but unless you can do it yourself you have no room to talk about the work others do.

Now I really hope I got my point across. For those that dont know me let me let you in on something. I only give one warning (This is it) and then it is a trip to bansville.
    I didn't know that thanks for the heads up.. Seems kinda strange though.. I mean does that mean we can pick any new phone or the same price bracket. So say I want the galaxy...

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

My bad I was being a hypocrit. I totally forgot you program.. I'm just so use to themers lately, I just assumed you were just another one of those guys that release a rom and all it has is a new theme added. My all means continue your work..

I understand, just please remember, that even though someone just "themed" a ROM, it doesn't mean they aren't learning. Everyone has to start somewhere. Please consider how your words can stop production of someone who could potentially fix all of your problems/make the best ROM you have ever used.

I have already caught enough flak/ been flamed enough on this thread. Considered giving up the first few days, but if I continue to get posts like this, I will not continue, I will quit and people can lose one more dev because someone decided to assume instead of think.

You have the potential to stop progress. You also have the potential to do it yourself. If that is what you want, continue down your current path. If not, then respect the people who are still working hard to learn this and bring you something new/better/faster.