[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

Search This thread

Shani Ace

May 2, 2006
I flashed the 0.7-version and it seems like wifi doesn't work at all, I can't even turn it off, it just says "error" all the time. Rebooting didn't help and yes, I wiped the data before flashing it. Any ideas?

Shani Ace

May 2, 2006
Ah forgot to mention that, I'm S-On. (wanted to make it S-Off, but Revolutionary tells me it doesn't support Hboot 1.45.0013).

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Ah forgot to mention that, I'm S-On. (wanted to make it S-Off, but Revolutionary tells me it doesn't support Hboot 1.45.0013).

I'm not sure how exactly s on users flash ROMS and kernels but I'm sure following them instructions for either stock WiFi modules or fastbooting the boot image would help. I'm s-off and have been since I bought the phone. So I'm no help there, just didn't want you to think its overlooked

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I'm not sure how exactly s on users flash ROMS and kernels but I'm sure following them instructions for either stock WiFi modules or fastbooting the boot image would help. I'm s-off and have been since I bought the phone. So I'm no help there, just didn't want you to think its overlooked

He needs to extract the boot.img and push it from a computer via fastboot. There are instructions available on some of the othe roms. Juopunutbear may be another option for him to get actual s-off.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Shani Ace

May 2, 2006
I'm not sure how exactly s on users flash ROMS and kernels
Well I just unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone, flashed CWM 5.0.2.7 and then I flashed the zip-file in recovery mode. Btw it's mentioned in the OP that this ROM can be easily flashed on devices with S-On.

Meanwhile I flashed RubiX Sensation v4.0 from Undeadk9 and got the same problem there. My guess is, that my radio ROM isn't quite compatible, at least wifi worked with the stock ROM.

Ah and I already saw the Juopunutbear-method, seems to be a little bit odd but maybe I'll give it a shot someday.

Last edited:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Well I just unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone, flashed CWM 5.0.2.7 and then I flashed the zip-file in recovery mode. Btw it's mentioned in the OP that this ROM can be easily flashed on devices with S-On.

Meanwhile I flashed RubiX Sensation v4.0 from Undeadk9 and got the same problem there. My guess is, that my radio ROM isn't quite compatible, at least wifi worked with the stock ROM.

Ah and I already saw the Juopunutbear-method, seems to be a little bit odd but maybe I'll give it a shot someday.

You need to push the boot.img via fastboot. S-on users can't flash that part via cwm. That part holds the kernel IIRC. Your phone is trying to use a mismatched bit of the kernel on the rest of the rom. You are seeing problems with wifi because the mismatched parts are close enough not to throw your device into bootloop hell. If you tried ICS roms you might have had much more obnoxious results.

Go fastboot the boot.img. There are instructions how to to it out there. You will need to extract the file from the ROM. I understand that it is quite easy. You will be able to fully enjoy the ROMs posted here.

Reactions: Shani Ace

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
I havent had time to seperate the mods out, that will be sunday their all in one zip

Since I'm going to flash the ROM from scratch, I will just incorporate the files from the additional zips (rosie.apk and framework.jar and the keyboard layout from the Genius.zip) into the ROM, rezip and sign, then flash. Would save some steps. I realized I rarely use the notification area recent apps so I can live without them.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Since I'm going to flash the ROM from scratch, I will just incorporate the files from the additional zips (rosie.apk and framework.jar and the keyboard layout from the Genius.zip) into the ROM, rezip and sign, then flash. Would save some steps. I realized I rarely use the notification area recent apps so I can live without them.

Actually dont even unzip the rom, use 7zip to move the files, just open all zips as archives, nothing needs resigned then, im with my daughter for the weekend so i cant do anything till tomorrow, but hopefully blue read the OC/UV thread i dont want to idle in irc for nothing and while im there ill break the zip apart

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
And i see where he put in the OP s-on users shouldnt have any issues, ill shoot him an email about it, i cant edit the op here, but i can edit my second post for extras to include how to do this s-on. The problem is, in cwm s-on users dont get their boot.img flashed, so their kernel modules get flashed but the kernel dosent so..thats why it errors...i wished everyone was s-off!

Reactions: Shani Ace

Shani Ace

May 2, 2006
@Coug76 and strapped365: Thanks for the explanation! I had read about fastboot before and had already used it once to unlock the bootloader, now flashed the boot.img and everything's fine! :)

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I'm glad it worked for you. There is nothing more frustrating than a missed step in these things.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Yay! I got the ROM flashed, incorporated the Genius and other "fixes" into it, got apps and everything all set up, contacts sync'ed. It's running beautifully. This is my new daily driver.

One thing, though, any idea why DSPManager FC's? I know that was mentioned previously, but anyone find a way to solve it?

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Yay! I got the ROM flashed, incorporated the Genius and other "fixes" into it, got apps and everything all set up, contacts sync'ed. It's running beautifully. This is my new daily driver.

One thing, though, any idea why DSPManager FC's? I know that was mentioned previously, but anyone find a way to solve it?

Jkilo has the fix with him in korea with no data as of right now, so as soon as ge gets settled in and everything worked out he will have the dsp fixed.
Your all running v0.7 right?

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Jkilo has the fix with him in korea with no data as of right now, so as soon as ge gets settled in and everything worked out he will have the dsp fixed.
Your all running v0.7 right?

Cool. Yeah, I got the 0.7, opened it up and incorporated the files from the patches (Genius, Rosie-scrolling), added a few of my own items (my fav bootanimation.zip, for example), then zipped it all up and signed it.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
so i had the chance today to sit and break each mod into its own flashable zip. i also added one more to allow the phone to be woke up by pressing menu, power or the trackpad now ( i added menu ) as its so much easier to have more buttons wake the phone. Go here link is also in the second post

PlatinumPenguin

Mar 18, 2012
Houston
I was about to flash this rom but then I read the entire thread. I am s-on and I do know how to flash roms while being s-on. I read in the OP that I should not have a problem. So now it seems that maybe I should still use the fastboot method? Also the genius fix and others I just flash in CWM same as I would other flashables zips?

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I was about to flash this rom but then I read the entire thread. I am s-on and I do know how to flash roms while being s-on. I read in the OP that I should not have a problem. So now it seems that maybe I should still use the fastboot method? Also the genius fix and others I just flash in CWM same as I would other flashables zips?

Yeah use the fastboot to flash the kernel so wifi works, and the zips just flash, they wipe cache and dalvik and i havent had any issues flashing one on top the other with no wipe other then what the zip does

Reactions: PlatinumPenguin

r4d14n7

Jun 20, 2009
TX
My wife is having some speed and calling issues with this ROM and I hope you guys can help us out.

Phone issues:
Touch the phone button twice in a row is supposed to dial the last number in the call log, and most of the time, that is what it does. Once in a while, it will call a random number instead. And I don't mean a random contact, a completely random number that we have never seen before. This also happened on the stock ROM before modding, so maybe it's an HTC issue?

Sometimes when bringing up a contact and touching one of the phone numbers associated with it, the dialer screen will come up and start to dial, but there is a solid tone and the call ends, sort of like there is no cell signal. This happens both on cell connection and wifi calling.

Speed issues:
Sometimes when opening the messaging app it takes up to 10 sec to load the threads. Once she touches a thread and brings up the keyboard, she can type about 6 or 7 words before the phone catches up and displays the words.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I don't seem to have these kinds of issues on my G2x and I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong with this phone. Phone is unlocked, S-on. Boot.img was extracted and flashed via fastboot just before flashing the ROM in CWM recovery.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
My wife is having some speed and calling issues with this ROM and I hope you guys can help us out.

Phone issues:
Touch the phone button twice in a row is supposed to dial the last number in the call log, and most of the time, that is what it does. Once in a while, it will call a random number instead. And I don't mean a random contact, a completely random number that we have never seen before. This also happened on the stock ROM before modding, so maybe it's an HTC issue?

Sometimes when bringing up a contact and touching one of the phone numbers associated with it, the dialer screen will come up and start to dial, but there is a solid tone and the call ends, sort of like there is no cell signal. This happens both on cell connection and wifi calling.

Speed issues:
Sometimes when opening the messaging app it takes up to 10 sec to load the threads. Once she touches a thread and brings up the keyboard, she can type about 6 or 7 words before the phone catches up and displays the words.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I don't seem to have these kinds of issues on my G2x and I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong with this phone. Phone is unlocked, S-on. Boot.img was extracted and flashed via fastboot just before flashing the ROM in CWM recovery.
I've not experienced any of those. Granted, I have not tried the first one, I've never done the two-tap on the phone key. But the other things I've not experienced. I use Handsent SMS for my messaging, not the built-in messaging, though. They share the same message pool, though. It sounds as if your particular phone is having a CPU issue. Something is tying up the CPU, causing it to lag. Any chance there is a virus/trojan on the phone?

Top Liked Posts