[APP] Fabrik Reader 2.0 | Elegent ebook reader that works seamlessly with Dropbox

Search This thread

eirikrwu

Sep 12, 2012
plus.google.com
Today I give you, Fabrik Reader 2.0! With completely redesigned UI and a render engine that can handle CSS. Read more here.

You might ask, we already got at least 10 different book readers in the android world, why another one? Well, here is thing, among all those 10 different book readers, I just can't find one that really suits me, so I decided to build my own, and here we are :)

Now, what's so different about Fabrik Reader? Let me ask you a question first, do you really want that much custom preferences in a book reader? Or do you want a book reader that just works beautifully out of the box? Fabrik Reader is definitely not the most feature rich book reader, and what Fabrik Reader gives you, is a really premium, yet really simple user experience. With Fabrik Reader, you get:

★ Complete synchronization of the entire reading experience with your Dropbox. That means, all your books, as well as all your reading progress. So you can use as many devices to read as you want, and everything will just keep in sync automatically.
★ A beautiful interface that will make your reading experience really premium, and easy on your eye.
★ Find covers for your book automatically which make your book looks even better.
★ Share your reading progress(with a beautiful book cover).
★ Some more general stuff in an ebook reader, like adjust text size, screen brightness, night model, etc.
★ Support txt, epub, mobi format (and more will come in the future).

Again, if you want a beautiful book reader that works out of the box, and keeps everything in sync, I think Fabrik Reader is just the way to go. So why not give it a shot? It's free any way!

Want to know more? Here you go: Fabrik Reader on Play Store, Blog, Twitter

[NOTICE] Hi guys, sorry I'm not able to reply every single one of your posts like before. It's just that there are too many of them now and I want to spend as much time as I have to developing Fabrik Reader and make it better. I've posted on the blog a feature request summary. Thank you for your support.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed%20%281%29.jpg
unnamed%20%282%29.jpg
unnamed%20%285%29.jpg
unnamed%20%284%29.jpg
unnamed%20%283%29.jpg

Last edited:

Kaer84

Oct 17, 2009
It looks good.
Should post a picture to improve the marketing!
l47ie61vab5JxLVRKvMOA8laY8TPBfMSfEqKVTpbIdwYdnZYDc7hspJ2RAtTp1TIPA

The Dropbox synchronisation feature is cool and something that other readers are lacking.

What about DRM support? Can it open books from Overdrive libraries?

eirikrwu

Sep 12, 2012
plus.google.com
It looks good.
Should post a picture to improve the marketing!
l47ie61vab5JxLVRKvMOA8laY8TPBfMSfEqKVTpbIdwYdnZYDc7hspJ2RAtTp1TIPA

The Dropbox synchronisation feature is cool and something that other readers are lacking.

What about DRM support? Can it open books from Overdrive libraries?

Thank you very much for posing a picture for me! I'm sorry it does not support DRM or OPDS right now, but I'll definitely add them in future release. Now it's only a beta version, I wanted to get some ideas about what people think about this whole design, so it's a little bit pre-mature. More futures will definitely keep coming!

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I really like the design :) I have imported a couple of epub's that i had on my SD, so i'll take it out for a spin later.

One request though: Multi select books to import, and also be able to select and import entire folders (i have 20 epub's in one folder)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

eirikrwu

Sep 12, 2012
plus.google.com
I really like the design :) I have imported a couple of epub's that i had on my SD, so i'll take it out for a spin later.

One request though: Multi select books to import, and also be able to select and import entire folders (i have 20 epub's in one folder)

Great advice! I'll definitely put it in my todo list. I also think that it may be cool to have something like if you put some book in a dedicated folder in your dropbox, synchronization will automatic import them. So one more for my todo list!

maxjk

Oct 18, 2010
Looks pretty good, loving the holo-design and animations. The dropbox-sync works great.

Couple of requests:
-I do not particularly like the striped day-theme, could you please have a white background option?
-Please add landscape support, I kinda like that on my tablet (especially the way Aldiko create 2 columns)
-Add support for table of contents

Gonna try this as my main ebook-reader for a while, been using Aldiko so far, but I really like the dropbox integration here

eirikrwu

Sep 12, 2012
plus.google.com
Like the UI of the reader but don't know why it Force closes each time when i try to open an epub file of 12 mb.

Sorry about that. I don't think my algorithm can handle an epub file that size just right now(of course in future release this will change). It would be really slow... but it should not be crashing. Is it possible to send me the epub file you are trying to open? Or may be show me the crush log? I did not receive any crush log from the android developer console yet.

eirikrwu

Sep 12, 2012
plus.google.com
Looks pretty good, loving the holo-design and animations. The dropbox-sync works great.

Couple of requests:
-I do not particularly like the striped day-theme, could you please have a white background option?
-Please add landscape support, I kinda like that on my tablet (especially the way Aldiko create 2 columns)
-Add support for table of contents

Gonna try this as my main ebook-reader for a while, been using Aldiko so far, but I really like the dropbox integration here

Thank you for trying my app. All your requests have been noted and put into my todo list :)

Reactions: maxjk

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
This looks pretty sweet :D
I've added a Play Store link into the OP for you ;)

MujtabaSabir

Apr 10, 2012
Stockholm
Sorry about that. I don't think my algorithm can handle an epub file that size just right now(of course in future release this will change). It would be really slow... but it should not be crashing. Is it possible to send me the epub file you are trying to open? Or may be show me the crush log? I did not receive any crush log from the android developer console yet.
Thanks. The book is Game of Thrones - 4 Book Bundle pack. I have sent the crash log now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I give you, Fabrik Reader 2.0! With completely redesigned UI and a render engine that can handle CSS. Read more here.

You might ask, we already got at least 10 different book readers in the android world, why another one? Well, here is thing, among all those 10 different book readers, I just can't find one that really suits me, so I decided to build my own, and here we are :)

Now, what's so different about Fabrik Reader? Let me ask you a question first, do you really want that much custom preferences in a book reader? Or do you want a book reader that just works beautifully out of the box? Fabrik Reader is definitely not the most feature rich book reader, and what Fabrik Reader gives you, is a really premium, yet really simple user experience. With Fabrik Reader, you get:

★ Complete synchronization of the entire reading experience with your Dropbox. That means, all your books, as well as all your reading progress. So you can use as many devices to read as you want, and everything will just keep in sync automatically.
    ★ A beautiful interface that will make your reading experience really premium, and easy on your eye.
    ★ Find covers for your book automatically which make your book looks even better.
    ★ Share your reading progress(with a beautiful book cover).
    ★ Some more general stuff in an ebook reader, like adjust text size, screen brightness, night model, etc.
    ★ Support txt, epub, mobi format (and more will come in the future).

Again, if you want a beautiful book reader that works out of the box, and keeps everything in sync, I think Fabrik Reader is just the way to go. So why not give it a shot? It's free any way!

Want to know more? Here you go: Fabrik Reader on Play Store, Blog, Twitter

[NOTICE] Hi guys, sorry I'm not able to reply every single one of your posts like before. It's just that there are too many of them now and I want to spend as much time as I have to developing Fabrik Reader and make it better. I've posted on the blog a feature request summary. Thank you for your support.

unnamed.jpg
    unnamed%20%281%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%282%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%285%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%284%29.jpg
    unnamed%20%283%29.jpg

Great advice! I'll definitely put it in my todo list. I also think that it may be cool to have something like if you put some book in a dedicated folder in your dropbox, synchronization will automatic import them. So one more for my todo list!
    Hi guys,

A new version will be released at the end of the weekend, you'll going to get better epub render, dropbox folder selection, bug fixes, etc. Stay tuned!
    Hi guys, 0.42 beta is out with the long waited landscape two column reading model! Check it out and let me know what you think.
    guys, 0.37 beta has just been published, and now you have epub image rendering!