[Q] Wifi connected but no internet . please help !

Search This thread

r33fd

Apr 6, 2013
My wifi at home worked perfectly fine until about a week or two ago. Since then when I connect to my home wifi it appears to be connected with 5 bar signal but the internet is not working . Sometimes I have internet for few seconds, but than it's gone.
I tried 3 different roms including stock , viperx and cyanogenmod 11 all with the same problem.

What do you suggest me to do ?

r33fd

Apr 6, 2013
are you sure it's not a router issue?

I just tried to use my laptop as a wifi hotspot and it worked so the router seems to be problematic .
But I have 2 laptops connected to the same router and are working fine.
Maybe some bad settings :confused:
My router uses Openwrt with most settings default.

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
I just tried to use my laptop as a wifi hotspot and it worked so the router seems to be problematic .
check if something like parental control is enabled or if the hox mac number is blacklisted... check also if there are conflicts in dhcp and ip reservation....

Reactions: r33fd

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
I would disable DHCP in your phone and put a static ip.

Hold down on the network name till a windows pops up then go on Modify Network>Show Advanced Options>Ip Settings>Static

IP Address: 192.168.x.128 (The X depends on what range your router is. Just do an ipconfig on your laptop to see, 1 is the most commonly used)
Gateway: 192.168.x.x (That is your router address do ipconfig on your laptop to find the 'Default Gateway'
DNS 1: 192.168.x.x (Same as the router as most routers have their own DNS)
DNS 2: 8.8.8.8 (I normally put google's :p)

r33fd

Apr 6, 2013
I would disable DHCP in your phone and put a static ip.

Hold down on the network name till a windows pops up then go on Modify Network>Show Advanced Options>Ip Settings>Static

IP Address: 192.168.x.128 (The X depends on what range your router is. Just do an ipconfig on your laptop to see, 1 is the most commonly used)
Gateway: 192.168.x.x (That is your router address do ipconfig on your laptop to find the 'Default Gateway'
DNS 1: 192.168.x.x (Same as the router as most routers have their own DNS)
DNS 2: 8.8.8.8 (I normally put google's :p)

Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately It still doesn't work. It have internet access for a few seconds after I connect but then
it's gone.

check if something like parental control is enabled or if the hox mac number is blacklisted... check also if there are conflicts in dhcp and ip reservation....

I wasn't able to find parental controls on my openwrt router firmware. I am pretty sure mac filtering is not enabled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    are you sure it's not a router issue?