[Q] No Emojis in Hangouts

Search This thread

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I had the HTC One previously and remember being able to use emojis in Hangouts. I switched to the S4 a few weeks ago and I just noticed that there are no emojis like before. Is this because Samsung has removed them or they aren't in Hangouts anymore? How can I get them back?

Thanks for the help.

Darnell0216

Jan 13, 2010
East Orange
twitter.com
I had the HTC One previously and remember being able to use emojis in Hangouts. I switched to the S4 a few weeks ago and I just noticed that there are no emojis like before. Is this because Samsung has removed them or they aren't in Hangouts anymore? How can I get them back?

Thanks for the help.
Samsung has integrated Hangouts a bit. When using the Samsung Keyboard, the emoji button will be removed since they are included with the keyboard. If you switch to a third party keyboard, the Emoji button will return.

Reactions: DJMaj07

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung has integrated Hangouts a bit. When using the Samsung Keyboard, the emoji button will be removed since they are included with the keyboard. If you switch to a third party keyboard, the Emoji button will return.

Ah I see what you mean; it's really buried in there. I was about to ask where exactly it's included with Samsung's keyboard but I found it when I long-pressed on the mic button and saw the emoji button in that list. I wish Samsung had just replaced the crappy emoticons that for some reason are prominently displayed on the main keyboard screen under the enter button... sigh

Thanks for the information! I wonder how many people know about the emojis tucked away like that haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the help.