[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

Search This thread

lazylu

Nov 17, 2010
Re: battery.. Give it a day or so of running and see if it gets better. I have found the Prometheus kernels to do better... He just released a new one Prometheus ex+.. You might give it a try. I appreciate the feedback as I'm always flashing test stuff so its hard for me to test battery.

Also I will upload a theme I made a while back that corrects black on black ui issues. Colors could be better but works til I can make a new one. Here it is... The last upload til I start a thread.
http://d-h.st/o2E
3f9bb17d-9b01-143c.jpg

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Mine doesnt say thrill seeker like that

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda app-developers app

cmarriner82

Apr 10, 2011
Ayer, MA
LOL no but will I have to flash cwm? Will i have to do cache wipe ect.? And if I do should I backup

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda app-developers app
I'd say do a backup whenever you flash anything. From a theme to a ROM itself. That way you have something to fall back on if something goes wrong. I do.
As for wiping cache. Yeah, you do. Otherwise the UI will get bunky.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Also I will upload a theme I made a while back that corrects black on black ui issues. Colors could be better but works til I can make a new one. Here it is... The last upload til I start a thread.
3f9bb17d-9b01-143c.jpg

Thanks. Will give it a shot.
Thank you for the continued support of this ROM. And the snappy feedback. :D

Reactions: Bdadd34

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
thread coming soon

I'd say do a backup whenever you flash anything. From a theme to a ROM itself. That way you have something to fall back on if something goes wrong. I do.
As for wiping cache. Yeah, you do. Otherwise the UI will get bunky.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Thanks. Will give it a shot.
Thank you for the continued support of this ROM. And the snappy feedback. :D

hey guys keep your eye out my weak attempt at a thread will appear soon..LOL
But Ilike wine and wounds it will get better with time. but for now a central locations for roms and themes is a must.:D

Last edited:

Bionic Beast

Apr 24, 2011
Why is it that my brightness and screen timeout settings are grayed out? i am not able to access them :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present to you Thrill Seeker 2 Gingerbread v20p.
    I took a little bit different approach than I did with the original Thrill Seeker rom. I felt that LG did a very good job with gingerbread and so I built this rom around the LG software on the phone (just rethemed) rather than using 3rd party apps. Battery life has been amazing for me and the phone really flies.

Prerequisites
    This is based on the ATT V20p firmware. So you will NEED to upgrade to that first or this wont work.

Starting with next update I will make update packages available along with full rom downloads. This will make for much smaller packages to flash when updating from one version to the next. I lost a lot of my work when updating my system so keeping track of all the changes between 2.0 and 2.1 was impossible.

Also, Im adding in another download link (dev-host) for those that cant access 4shared (its uploading as im typing this). If anybody still cant download from either of those sites let me know.

Heres a quick changelog to get things rolling:

2.1:
    Added in Tekunas OC Modules (Original Thread)

Added working wifi tether app (no client needed. Just turn on and connect)

Ability to Enable 2g only and choose network mode in Network Settings.

Added percent to battery icon (need to fix the charging icons)

Fixed 3d button taking pics in camera (this may have had side affects though. I think it messed with some other defaults)

Minor theme updates (lockscreen widgets are NOT permanent. Forgot to fix them before i started uploading)

Reverted to Gingerbread music player. This fixed widget issues.

Enabled force of gpu rendering.

Probably some more stuff I forgot to mention...

2.0:
    Fully De-odexed.

Rom is Rooted with latest SU installed.

Completely rethemed every aspect of the rom. Gave a very ICS vibe.

Made a few tweaks for performance, useability, and battery savings (however modest). Still waiting on LG to release kernel source code.

Removed all the ATT bloat (except contacts sync. that has to stay)

Added in a File Manager, Titanium Backup, and DSP Manager (equalizer)

Roboto Font

Update to latest Flash Player and Google Apps.

ICS Music Player (feedback on this one. Not sure I like it better than GB version)

Removed apps like Facebook, Twitter, etc because they get updated frequently in the market and it didnt make sense to have them in your /system folder as well as you /data folder.

Still have more to come but I wanted to get this little bit out to you guys since there was a lack of options at the moment. Ill roll out minor releases as I add/fix things.

Issues:
    2.1: 4G possibly not working due to flex.xml change.

Battery charge icons distorted.

2.0I havent found any functionality bugs as of yet but please dont hesitate to point them out. There a few theming inconsistencies ive noticed, so please point these out as well. I want this rom to look as good as it performs.

Also, if there are features you want please suggest them. Doesnt mean they'll get implemented, but it helps if I know what you guys want. Ill try to include what I think fits with the rom.

Installation:
    This rom is flashable via CWM recovery.

On first install I recommend a full data wipe. At the very least please wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache (advanced menu of recovery) before flashing. If you dont follow this step then please DO NOT POST ANY BUGS. Reflash with the wipes first. If the file wont flash please verify the md5 sum with the one listed below the download link. (There are many programs to do this on your computer and phone)

DOWNLOAD:
    Thrill Seeker 2.1
    md5: a3e5cce8f3af4184233b5bfae597c1f1

Thrill Seeker 2.0
    md5: ac66860fdb565e2eb839a8f64bfb8d08

Removed_Apps/Widgets (does NOT include the ATT crap or the market apps like Maps, Books, etc)
    Mirror: Mirror Site dev-host
    DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP! extract it first. inside you can choose which apps to remove and there are instructions for creating an update.zip included.

ENJOY!

Screen Shots

2012-04-13012418.png
    2012-04-06023151-1.png

2012-04-06023346.png
    2012-04-06024136.png
    launch time

Here is the first installment of the new thrillseeker. I will start a new thread when I have the chance with a change log...in a nutshell I removed dsp manager added Beats & Xloud Audio Mods. also added Bravia Engine and a bunch of build prop tweaks and scripts from Prometheus Rom. A Huge thanks to Samno for that stuff and for sharing such a great rom and kernel with us. :thumbup: I highly recommend flashing his prometheus 1.4.5.1 kernel after install as you can overclock and none of the scripts work unless you do. So without further ramblings.

Thrillseeker 3.0 beta
    http://d-h.st/HBU

i dont use bluetooth so someone please confirm that it works for me.
    also i will try to upload a non at&t version soon.
    since when did this become a different thread?
    there is the general section for this kinds of rant.
    So please don't spam CallMeAria's thread, please.
    beta4 AT&T

allright guys finally got time to upload att 4g edition..also added some apps for stability..mostly 3d stuff :D

GPS now fixd:D
    TSBeta4 AT&T
    Well. I like the rom. Havering some serious data bandwidth issues. Keen monitoring it an I drive around Dallas to Fort Worth all day. I'm always in a 3g or 4g network. Phone drops data connection every tower chafe for 3 seconds. Drives me nuts.

I used Doomed Froyo before the upgrade. Guess I got used to the oc clock and solid build. Kinda ruined it for expectations lol

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

i had convinced urabewe to make another gb 20p based rom since everyone loved his doomed froyo so much... last i heard he had started it. but that was awhile ago... i will see what hes been doin...