[Q] Sprint 4G extension notification???

Search This thread

hotboyray

Oct 27, 2010
Today this random notification popped up on my phone and i wanted to know if it was legit and not some malicious app or anything like that. A screen shot is attached.

I long pressed the notification and pressed app info and i took me to the dialer. I dont know if that is of importance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-09-00-06-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-09-00-06-38.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 925
Last edited:

ryoung4316

Jan 5, 2014
Today this random notification popped up on my phone and i wanted to know if it was legit and not some malicious app or anything like that. A screen shot is attached.

I have never seen this extension pop-up, I would say its mostly likely spam or advert. I would download Airpush Detector from the android market and see what is says. I have included a link for you too. Hope this helps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector&feature=nav_result

Last edited:

ryoung4316

Jan 5, 2014
Can you both list the apps you have installed? I will download the same apps and try and troubleshoot for you. Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

ryoung4316

Jan 5, 2014
Try and boot the phone in safe mode (switch the phone off, switch on normally but when the screen lights up, press and hold volume down until booted). This will prevent any 3rd party apps from starting. Then see if you get the notification still.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited: