[THE][WM6.5][All Res][Updated] GlossBlack by m.carroll

Search This thread

m.carroll

Jan 19, 2008
Gainesville, FL
FOR WM6.5 ONLY!!!!

GlossBlack
by: m.carroll

A glossy version of PureBlack2 found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3651697

I haven't yet decided if it's too glossy for my likings, but hope you all enjoy. :D

FULLY WORKING for BOTH VGA and QVGA!!!!

Skin for Windows Mobile (Phone) 6.5, cab's fully uninstallable. Works with VGA/WVGA and QVGA/WQVGA, just download the correct resolution (without the W). Enjoy.

Changelog:
May 9, 2009 - Optical illusion trickery fixed in both versions. Please re-download!
May 8, 2009 - Added QVGA Release
May 7, 2009 - Initial VGA Release

Last edited:

eViL D:

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2006
This is superb, I've been waiting for this.... really!

CraZyLiLbOy

Jan 21, 2007
Miami, FL
Looks good. Thanks

Edit After installing this nothing happens? I soft reseted and it's still the same?

Last edited:

TheDude1120

Sep 17, 2007
do u ever plan on changin the scroller to a shaded one or perhaps the clock icon, those are the only things i wish i could change in you theme

m.carroll

Jan 19, 2008
Gainesville, FL
I haven't done much in terms of Titanium skinning, so I may change the clock and other icons in the near future, although I've been concentrating on only just the WM6.5 OS theming. The main purpose of my two skins so far have been to have a very Windows Mobile 6.5 feel to them not altering it too much, so in future themes I might do more with the scrollbar and other elements, but for now I'm just trying to do a bit without overpowering the MS feel.

I can do colored versions of this one if anyone's interested, just drop a reply with some color ideas...

I unfortunately don't have a QVGA device to test on (poor dead Wizard), and there are no Emulators available yet (will make things TONS easier), and PureBlack (my other theme) had some issues on QVGA so I need to sort them out before I port this one.

jxa4508

May 24, 2008
Wow That is slickk!! I have the QVGA installed on my i910 of the flat black, but would love to try out the gloss black when it is available! Any ETA on when Gloss balck will be available for the QVGA for the i910??

m.carroll

Jan 19, 2008
Gainesville, FL
The much-requested, highly anticipated (W)QVGA version is now available. First post updated.

Time for some zzz's. I'm sure my body really wishes I didn't love this so much... :cool:

leppie

Dec 21, 2008
Cape Town
Nice :)

One problem on QWVGA, the list item (as seen in the today plugin selection page) is a bit small in height. The checkboxes overflow a bit.

Thanks.

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Really good theme :) Awesome work buddy, this actually looks good even on my QVGA screen, second after greenhtc theme. Kudos to you. Just if there was some transparency on the home screen, it would look more 6.5 stylish. But its fine even now also.

m.carroll

Jan 19, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Nice :)

One problem on QWVGA, the list item (as seen in the today plugin selection page) is a bit small in height. The checkboxes overflow a bit.

Thanks.
Could you take a screenshot of this and also one of the same screen with the Classic Blue theme? (CapSure is a great program for taking screenshots on your phone, or MyMobiler works with your phone connected to a computer)

krazy_about_technology: actually there is transparency on the homescreen, its just tough to see because the wallpaper is so dark. If you change to a different wallpaper, you'll see that the glossy top and bottom bars become transparent and let the background through. One of my next ideas is to see how far we can push the whole transparency thing, just about every ui element in these themes supports true per-pixel png alpha transparency, and there are a lot of possibilities.