[APP][Mar 3] Custom Clock Widget - V1.0 Free/Pro - Analog [THEMES][CUSTOMIZATION]

Search This thread

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Custom Clock Widget

There are some clocks out there that have a few choices... But what about a clock that you can customize completely?

Choose your Hands, Face, Ticks, Edge, Numbers, Shadows, and Glass!. You want a custom clock? You got a custom clock!

v1.0 IS here!. It is called Custom Clock Widget (com.helichaos.clock.widget.pro) in the market (link below).

Free version:
  • Choose your Hands, Face, Ticks, Edge, Numbers, and Shadows and Glass!
  • Custom color on glass and ticks
  • Ability to lock clock from clicks after customization
  • Ads in Chooser (not in Pro)
Pro version will have all of above plus:
  • Ads removed
  • Skewed/Stretched clocks!!
  • Launch Alarm on click
  • Use external images for the face (square or cropped)
  • Color customization for all parts
  • Hour off-set

Custom Clock Widget!
snap20110115_144220.png
snap20110111_204955.png

Pro version (coming soon):
snap20110217_122736.png
snap20110222_120255.png

Download
Pro version has has been released to the market:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.helichaos.widget.clock.pro

Free versions:
See attached files.
- v1.0 - Current Market Release

Free Market link (if you are on your phone now):
http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.helichaos.widget.clock

Or Q-code if you are actually on a real computer right now (scan with Quickmark from the market):
qrcode-market-com.helichaos.widget.clock-50.PNG

Bugs and Suggestions (complaints?)
Well, if you like it, hate it, have suggestions, or find bugs then post here. I may not be able to respond to every post, but I will read everyone of them. I promise. (full-time job, 2 kids, 1 cat, RC Helicopters, and oh yeah, dev?)

Last edited:

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
To do:
- ?ability to override/disable color chooser (tiny bit easier on battery)?
- ? remove App Tray Icon in pro version?
- Change Shadow Chooser background back to White
- Override user background photo on choosing new background?
- Ability to use user supplied face and hands.

V1.0
- Released Pro version to Market and removed the beta tag from Free version
- Set widget to check and restart service if missing ever 30 minutes
- Fixed size of user chosen custom background.
- Adjusted glass and background to same radius.

V0.6
- Changed they way graphics are updated and pushed to the Widget.
- Changed the way settings are saved. (Resets customizations on upgrade to v0.6)
- Remembers last location in chooser
- Remembers last screen in chooser
- Ability to lock clock
- Better landscape chooser
- More parts!
- Nice Icon :)
- Attempt to launch Alarm on touch (Pro)
- Custom Background image choice (Pro)
- Color selector for all all parts (Pro)
- Skew/Stretch/Shrink clock (Pro)
- Hour off-set (Pro)

V0.5
- Infinite Color choices for most parts

V0.4
- 4.2 minor update. Glass was not saving properly.
- Added Glass
- Cleaned up Edges, added a couple more Edge
- changed how settings are stored
- Reduced lines of code
- Think I fixed "Binder Error" on updating
- Created App icon with:
. - 'How to use' info.
. - About and Contact

V0.3
- Added buttons to Graphics Chooser.
- Split options for Edge, Face and Shadows.
- Fixed crash on some upgrades
- Updated more graphics
- Fixed clocks not saving on reboot

V0.2
- Added new Graphics Chooser with Clock Preview.
- Cleaned up some of the Graphics (more to do) (do graphics? see below).
- Added option for 2x2, and 3x3 clocks on top of the native 4x3.

v0.1
- Market launch
- Tabbed graphics choose (with no preview)
- 4x3 widget

Do you want to have your clock included?
If you are a better graphic artist than me and you would like your clock parts included in this application then get in contact! Make sure these graphics are yours and that you are okay with them being used royalty free.

Guidelines:
- The PNG is 294x294 with transparencies.
- Clock face, background and uh... other stuff should fit inside 280x280 (or inside a circle that is 280 across).
- Hands should be in separate graphics (minute, hour) and the pin/center needs to be centered on 147x147.
- I can send some layered guides in layered Gimp (.xcf) or separated into separate PNG format if needed.

To Do/Future/Maybe/Like-to-haves:
DONE - 8 bit graphics, currently using 4bit (ARGB4444) graphics to avoid crashing.
- Option - Choose to launch Android Alarm Clock on next click (Pro?)
- Ability to load local custom images (Pro?)
- Create pop-up notification that asks the user if they want to customize the clock when it is clicked. Dialog would time out after about 2 seconds (configurable?). Would save from accidentally opening clock configuration when using touch screen.
SOME - Clean up graphics and add improved graphics.
- Pro Version? - Possible Pro-options: extended graphics, loading custom images, Date, etc.
DONE - Glass as a separate selection from face and shadow (current problem is that it would require displaying another bitmap. It currently displays one bitmap {built from canvas} under the arms of the clock.)
- Remember user selection after leaving and returning to configuration activity(s)
- Add the current date and/or day of the week and/or month in a few locations on the clock display.
- Add the option of displaying a digital clock (also skin-able?) in a few places on the clock
- Possibility of future clock Packs. These could be themed and also the clock package could be open sourced so that artists do not have to release their clock packs through me, but can publish them directly to the market. Imagine a Minimalist pack, a Deviant Art pack, a Girly pack (you know, hearts, rainbows…)
- Add Easter eggs

You still reading this stuff?...

Last edited:

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Will be supported qvga?
At this point the 2x2 clock fits a clear QVGA screen, and the chooser seems to work, even though it is a bit squished. I think my official line is that it 'works' for QVGA, but is not currently supported.

The clocks them selves should work on any resolution screen (though they should not be stretched past a 4x4 icon space). But the chooser is not optimised for very high or very low resolution, but should work just fine.

I have released 0.3 of the clock and will update the first post today. Version .04 should be coming out before new year and will contain clearer clock edges and higher color graphics to support better gradients.

-Unconnnected

penguinolog

May 27, 2010
Amersfoort
At this point the 2x2 clock fits a clear QVGA screen, and the chooser seems to work, even though it is a bit squished. I think my official line is that it 'works' for QVGA, but is not currently supported.

The clocks them selves should work on any resolution screen (though they should not be stretched past a 4x4 icon space). But the chooser is not optimised for very high or very low resolution, but should work just fine.

I have released 0.3 of the clock and will update the first post today. Version .04 should be coming out before new year and will contain clearer clock edges and higher color graphics to support better gradients.

-Unconnnected
Ok, please enable it in market for QVGA. Now I'm tested, it works correctly for all sizes (2*2, 3*3, 4*3).

Thank you!

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
This looks great, I was able to make one look exactly as I wanted. Only thing holding me back from using it is no access to alarms when tapping it like the stock clock widget. If you could add in this functionality it would probably immediately be the best clock widget on the market and worth paying a couple bucks for.

tbo-art

Jun 26, 2010
Apeldoorn
I can't find it in the market and i can't download it. Could've you upload it to xda?
Tbo-art.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

csande

Sep 5, 2010
Chicago
This looks great, I was able to make one look exactly as I wanted. Only thing holding me back from using it is no access to alarms when tapping it like the stock clock widget. If you could add in this functionality it would probably immediately be the best clock widget on the market and worth paying a couple bucks for.

I'll second this comment -- the typical use case for a clock widget is to fiddle around with it for a while until you get one you like, after which you probably won't change it for a while. Once it is set up, it's much more convenient to be able to access the alarm when you tap on the clock.

If the widget provided easy access to the alarm, I would definitely use it since the clocks themselves look great!

crni6

Sep 13, 2010
Like kgbrown247 wrote we cant download it...can someone upload app here?

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Sorry guys. it should be available from the market. Just search for Custom Clock. Should be right at the top. I will have to check the links and either fix (or remove) the Rapid Share link. I will also try to upload the newest version.

Love the 'thanks' messages and the screenshots! i would love to see more screenshots! Maybe I will upload my current. Home.

I am hoping to release a newer version soon, and hopefully it it might be ready for 1.0 releasise. When that happens I may keep the AD supported option with fewer options and graphics. Then release an AD free version with full options for $2, $1 or maybe $.50. LOL

Working on some new graphics and adding a Glass option for the next release. v1.0 I hope to have completely costomizable colors, and maybe the options to load a user chosen graphic for the Face.

-Unconn

Last edited:

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Wonderful. I look forward to seeing this evolve. 1x1 would be a great option for those sensitive to screen flora :)

Btw. Search market for "custom clock widget" and it will rise above the pay for dross that it renders obsolete.
Ha!. Thank you.

I will consider a 1x1 widget if I get enough requests. I did not want to clutter it up too much. (BTW it resizes well from 4x4 to 1x1 if you are using a custom launcher like ADW or Launcher pro.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom Clock Widget

There are some clocks out there that have a few choices... But what about a clock that you can customize completely?

Choose your Hands, Face, Ticks, Edge, Numbers, Shadows, and Glass!. You want a custom clock? You got a custom clock!

v1.0 IS here!. It is called Custom Clock Widget (com.helichaos.clock.widget.pro) in the market (link below).

Free version:
    • Choose your Hands, Face, Ticks, Edge, Numbers, and Shadows and Glass!
    • Custom color on glass and ticks
    • Ability to lock clock from clicks after customization
    • Ads in Chooser (not in Pro)
    Pro version will have all of above plus:
    • Ads removed
    • Skewed/Stretched clocks!!
    • Launch Alarm on click
    • Use external images for the face (square or cropped)
    • Color customization for all parts
    • Hour off-set

Custom Clock Widget!
    snap20110115_144220.png
    snap20110111_204955.png

Pro version (coming soon):
    snap20110217_122736.png
    snap20110222_120255.png

Download
    Pro version has has been released to the market:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.helichaos.widget.clock.pro

Free versions:
    See attached files.
    - v1.0 - Current Market Release

Free Market link (if you are on your phone now):
    http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.helichaos.widget.clock

Or Q-code if you are actually on a real computer right now (scan with Quickmark from the market):
    qrcode-market-com.helichaos.widget.clock-50.PNG

Bugs and Suggestions (complaints?)
    Well, if you like it, hate it, have suggestions, or find bugs then post here. I may not be able to respond to every post, but I will read everyone of them. I promise. (full-time job, 2 kids, 1 cat, RC Helicopters, and oh yeah, dev?)
    I tried using the face of a windows clock gadget that I made that resembles the Cartier Tank watch. Pretty good so far, but there is a black rectangular border around the face that I can't seem to get rid of using the "sometimes works" transparency button in Custom Clock Widget. Also, trying to use my own "custom hands" for my Cartier but cannot get that to work either. When I can get these things figured out, it will be nice to have my lovely Cartier on my phone as well as on my laptop. Can anyone help with this?

The default gallery does not like to pass transparency for some reason. Download QuickPic from the market and try that. I should really make a readme file but not many users try what you are doing.

Also, graphics for hands also need to be square. Do not try and use an image that is 294x15 for example. You should always use an image that is square for every part. 294x294 or larger is best.

Please let be know if it works for you. Sorry for delay.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
    Guys, I installed this on my evo from the marketplace, and I just can't open it. I can't find it in the "All Apps" section, and when I go to it's page on the market, the "open" button is grayed out. Am I missing something here? Can you guys help me out please?
    It is a widget. There are a few ways to get to them, but easiest is to find an empty space on a screen where you have no icons or widgets. Hold your finger down on that spot until a menu comes up. Choose widgets. The other way is while you are at your Home screen press menu and then choose Add. Though the may be slightly different on HTC Sense.

HTH

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    Any chance of making a clock face similar to these?

http://www.cafepress.com.au/+periodic-table+clocks

It'd be great to have a number set with the periodic elements.
    Custom Clock Widget - Updates

I has been a long time since I posted a version to the forums, but there have been a lot of changes and I could really use some help testing. Code between the Free and Pro versions has been almost completely merged. This should help smooth further updates.

Pro: v1.0.9 (v1.0.8.3)
    - Resizable widgets (start with a small one)
    - Clocks can be imported from Free or Pro exports.
    - More Android 4.+ compatibility
    - Fixed Jelly Bean transparency problem
    - Transparencies highly improved (You might have to adjust yours)
    - Compatability off by default for new clocks now. Resizing issue fixed. (will clocks stop or not load though?)
    - Added 'Compatibility Zoom' option
    - Improved 'smoothness' of clock parts
    - Improved colorization
    - Bug Fix: XML entries will be removed when clock is removed
    - Bug Fix: Clocks should be removed from Widgets array when clock is removed.
    - Bug Fix: Clock service is sticky and should restart.
    - More optimization.
    - Removed auto clock update when entering Option screen
    - A few new graphics

Previous:
    v1.0.8
    - Added option for 'Compatibility Mode' to Options
    - Fixed problem on Galaxy S II (Thanks Yngve and Dave)
    v1.0.7
    - Update to fix the face/back color shader. (This was pointed out by Rich in a rude market comment and he did not e-mail me about it.)
    v1.0.6
    - A few new graphics.
    - 24 hour hand (instead of 12) option.
    - Importing and exporting clocks to SD card (Experimental).
    - Compatibility Mode work around.
    - A few small bug fixes.

Please try it out and let me know.

I may have to turn back on the compatibility option by default if people start getting 'Please Wait'. This will be safer, but will make the default clock smaller on high DPI machines. This widget is more about graphics manipulation than anything else. I wonder what else I could use this engine I have written for...