CM7 on Motorola Charm MB502 from Ruth Development

Search This thread

osk386

Mar 26, 2013
Bogotá
Hi to all,

I know that our great developers are creating a CM7 rom for Motorola Flipout MB511, this rom is working now in a unstable state, my question is if this source can be used to develop a rom for Motorola Charm MB502 considering that both devices contain the same hardware.

Can anybody tell me if changing all references words "ruth" or "MB511" to "charm" or "MB502" on source code, is all I need to build a rom for Motorola Charm.

The rom source has been posted by phchshow and this is the link of the git source:

https://github.com/phchshow/android_device_motorola_ruth

Thanks a lot for any answer!

Now we know that phchshow rom, works for Motorola Charm (BASIL) MB502, We need someone who has a development evironment to build it directly for motorola Charm with the native drivers I mean RIL, AUDIO, etc to reduce bugs.

:good:

Last edited:

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
I don't know that the Charm even exists :D

But if it is exact the same Device, it should work on it.
I dont know much about compiling stuff, maybe you could PM the MB511 CM7 dev for information.

osk386

Mar 26, 2013
Bogotá
I don't know that the Charm even exists :D

But if it is exact the same Device, it should work on it.
I dont know much about compiling stuff, maybe you could PM the MB511 CM7 dev for information.

Lol...XD, actually if you notice, the title of this forum is "Flipout and Charm General"... do you see the Charm word? :laugh:

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
Lol...XD, actually if you notice, the title of this forum is "Flipout and Charm General"... do you see the Charm word? :laugh:

Yeah yeah, of course i saw it. But almost everything in this Forum is for MB511. However, if its the Same device (Like SEMC Arc "anzu" and Arc S "ayame") it COULD work. But First you need to get bootstrapped recovery to work on charm, you maybe could Flash the MB511 Rom. (At your own Risk, of course ^^)
Else, good luck at building it for charm.

Report to me if it worked, so i can add it to my How-To Thread :)

Sent from somewhere...

Last edited:
Reactions: osk386

osk386

Mar 26, 2013
Bogotá
Well.. I took the risk :

I've been installed, the CM7 ruth rom, from the phchshow compiled V 0.6.2 on the Motorola Charm MB502 without make changes,...:fingers-crossed:... and works! :victory:

But, some bugs:

1. No Network Recognize: I can't call, sim is recognized but returns "No Network coverage".
2. Screen only shows in portrait mode and sensors doesn't function to adjust the display mode.
3. Keyboard not function properly, numbers and symbols not corresponding to the physical keyboard layout.
4. Android key board not function.
5 Audio files are no working.

:silly:

I wonder if this bugs are in MB511 or just in this model (MB502)?.

Reactions: laluth

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
Well.. I took the risk :

I've been installed, the CM7 ruth rom, from the phchshow compiled V 0.6.2 on the Motorola Charm MB502 without make changes,...:fingers-crossed:... and works! :victory:

But, some bugs:

1. No Network Recognize: I can't call, sim is recognized but returns "No Network coverage".
2. Screen only shows in portrait mode and sensors doesn't function to adjust the display mode.
3. Keyboard not function properly, numbers and symbols not corresponding to the physical keyboard layout.
4. Android key board not function.
5 Audio files are no working.

:silly:

I wonder if this bugs are in MB511 or just in this model (MB502)?.

I cannot say something about 1., cuz i dont use a SIM card on my device anymore (Switched to Xperia Arc S "ayame")
2. CORRECTION: Screen is working fine on ruth (MB511), but it gets wrong orientation if you flip out the Keyboard!
3. Keyboard is usable on MB511, but it is qwerty, i have a qwertz one.
4. Working on MB511
5. Ringtones and Notification Tones are working, didn't test with Music
Maybe you need to port over some device drivers from charm to the ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: osk386

osk386

Mar 26, 2013
Bogotá
Latest screenshots from my Motorola Charm MB502 porting the CM7 v0.6.3 for Flipout:

Unfortunately still no working the following features:

- Audio Mp3 cant be played. (But can use winamp to hear all music)
- Voice on call when using normal mic input. (Must to use headset)
- Orientation only in portrait mode (Launcher can be set to landscape but all system layout will rotate to portrait mode)
- Video files not working (I think because the Mp3 error) so youtube can't reproduce videos.
- USB error when disconnect.
- Cannot move apps to SD (but can use link2sd)
:eek:

I had used Holo locker, Holo launcher, and ICS theme from Theme Chooser Themes

:D

screenshots:

screenshot-20130428-220657.png

screenshot-20130428-214954.png

screenshot-20130428-215531.png

screenshot-20130428-215011.png

screenshot-20130428-215028.png

screenshot-20130428-215055.png

screenshot-20130428-215135.png

screenshot-20130428-215205.png

screenshot-20130428-215255.png

screenshot-20130428-214941.png

screenshot-20130428-220439.png

screenshot-20130428-220452.png

screenshot-20130428-215216.png

Last edited:

calvin9

May 1, 2013
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
thumbs up buddy

well ..well
u have finally made it for the charm.:laugh::highfive::D
i say thanks and can you fix the bugs by porting our charms drivers into the rom and compiling it :confused:

maybe we can fix the bugs jointly and make the firstever stable rom on our charm
and i got some information regarding moto bootloader unlocking

i got this piece of information regarding some keys here

and i also got a guide on porting roms to devices here

hope these are helpful

goood luck

osk386

Mar 26, 2013
Bogotá
Add step 8, because some errors, change zip file link

Hi,

For someone who wants to port cm7 on Motorola charm follow these steps (Assuming your device is rooted):

1. Download and Install FlipOutRecovery from this link: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=509301&d=1296881307

2. Download the phchshow Ruth rom from this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxgqJrVwRKJqTTNYWVRDQVByNzA/edit?usp=sharing then put it on the root of the sdcard.

3. Download my fix file "osk386FixCharm.zip" and put it on the root of sdcard (from the attachment link below).

4. Open the FlipOutRecovery app and allow permissions, then click on "Install Recovery" button, and then click on "Reboot Recovery Mode" button. The system will reboot with clockworkmod menu.

5. Wipe data, cache, and advanced/dalvik cache

6. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the ruth rom --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

7. Reboot then boot with recovery, clicking "vol -" Then Wipe data, cache, and advanced/dalvik cache.

8. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the osk386fixCharm.zip --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

9. Reboot system and enjoy CM7.

NOTE: The osk386fixCharm.zip file fix some issues like connectivity, keyboard, audio and video. The problem of mute sound during call still persist, you must to use headset to make calls well. Portrait mode problem still persist. You install this at your own risk I´m not responsible for rooted devices. The rom is on unstable(acceptable) state yet.

Last edited:

jeremiass

Aug 6, 2012
Hi,

For someone who wants to port cm7 on Motorola charm follow these steps (Assuming your device is rooted):

1. Download and Install FlipOutRecovery from this link: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=509301&d=1296881307

2. Download the phchshow Ruth rom from this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxgqJrVwRKJqTTNYWVRDQVByNzA/edit?usp=sharing then put it on the root of the sdcard.

3. Download my fix file "osk386FixCharm.zip" and put it on the root of sdcard (from the attachment link below).

4. Open the FlipOutRecovery app and allow permissions, then click on "Install Recovery" button, and then click on "Reboot Recovery Mode" button. The system will reboot with clockworkmod menu.

6. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the ruth rom --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

7. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the osk386fixCharm.zip --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

8. Reboot system and enjoy CM7.

NOTE: The osk386fixCharm.zip file fix some issues like connectivity, keyboard, audio and video. The problem of mute sound during call still persist, you must to use headset to make calls well. Portrait mode problem still persist. You install this at your own risk I´m not responsible for rooted devices. The rom is on unstable(acceptable) state yet.

View attachment 1939166

Thanks! I'll testing now. Good Work and don't stop the development to the charm!

Awaiting for more news about our phone :)

Last edited:

vskram21

Jul 11, 2011
chennai
Bricked my phone

Hi,

7. Reboot then boot with recovery, clicking "vol -" Then Wipe data, cache, and advanced/dalvik cache.

8. Select "install zip from sdcard" -- "choose zip from sdcard" -- select the osk386fixCharm.zip --- yes --- and wait until instalation finish.

Hi,

I flashed my phone with CM7 and was able to boot from it and while trying to apply the fix for motorola charm.
I bricked my phone now it shows up M logo and I was not able to get past this. I tried to do a sbf_flash even that is not working.
Any ideas on how to make my phone work.

vskram21

Jul 11, 2011
chennai
Hi,

I flashed my phone with CM7 and was able to boot from it and while trying to apply the fix for motorola charm.
I bricked my phone now it shows up M logo and I was not able to get past this. I tried to do a sbf_flash even that is not working.
Any ideas on how to make my phone work.

After lot of attempts i was able to flash the T-Mobile_MB502_03.90.7_1FF_01.sbf. I was not able to flash any other sbf's and finally my phone is working.

osk386

Mar 26, 2013
Bogotá
please fix the orientation quickly
i'm eager to test it
lol
finally for a new life for this qute li'l phonee...

Hi Calvin, actually orientation is already working with v0.6.4, but now is stuck in landscape mode, sensor not working for auto rotate UI, and now usb is more buggy, I'll try to fix this issues for MB502 this weekend.

If you want to test it just follow the steps above, but now with v0.6.4.zip and the same osk386fixcharm.zip.

I'm using this versión, I got my headphones everytime.

:cyclops:

di4bl0

Jan 16, 2008
I dont know why this is happening to me!
I re-flash my mb502 to the 6.4 rom and i dont have many bugs!
The problem of mute sound during call still persist and the keyboard back light have a bug

calvin9

May 1, 2013
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
i'm trapped

helloooo...

today i tried ur pchchshow's rom and now i'm trapped in a boootlooop

how can i restore my rom ....

can i use bootstrapped recovery from polo...

if so how

please i cant flash using rsdlite, it is showing nothing when connected ,,that is NOT DETECTING:crying:
:confused::confused::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all,

I know that our great developers are creating a CM7 rom for Motorola Flipout MB511, this rom is working now in a unstable state, my question is if this source can be used to develop a rom for Motorola Charm MB502 considering that both devices contain the same hardware.

Can anybody tell me if changing all references words "ruth" or "MB511" to "charm" or "MB502" on source code, is all I need to build a rom for Motorola Charm.

The rom source has been posted by phchshow and this is the link of the git source:

https://github.com/phchshow/android_device_motorola_ruth

Thanks a lot for any answer!

Now we know that phchshow rom, works for Motorola Charm (BASIL) MB502, We need someone who has a development evironment to build it directly for motorola Charm with the native drivers I mean RIL, AUDIO, etc to reduce bugs.

:good:
    Now testing new release from phchshow,

Working well..

phchshow Flipout Rom: download v0.6.4.zip

then will coment..

Hi,

Latest screenshots from my Motorola Charm MB502 porting the CM7 v0.6.3 for Flipout:

Unfortunately still no working the following features:

- Audio Mp3 cant be played. (But can use winamp to hear all music)
    - Voice on call when using normal mic input. (Must to use headset)
    - Orientation only in portrait mode (Launcher can be set to landscape but all system layout will rotate to portrait mode)
    - Video files not working (I think because the Mp3 error) so youtube can't reproduce videos.
    - USB error when disconnect.
    - Cannot move apps to SD (but can use link2sd)
    :eek:

I had used Holo locker, Holo launcher, and ICS theme from Theme Chooser Themes

screenshots:

screenshot-20130428-220657.png

screenshot-20130428-214954.png

screenshot-20130428-215531.png

screenshot-20130428-215011.png

screenshot-20130428-215028.png

screenshot-20130428-215055.png

screenshot-20130428-215135.png

screenshot-20130428-215205.png

screenshot-20130428-215255.png

screenshot-20130428-214941.png

screenshot-20130428-220439.png

screenshot-20130428-220452.png

screenshot-20130428-215216.png

Yeah yeah, of course i saw it. But almost everything in this Forum is for MB511. However, if its the Same device (Like SEMC Arc "anzu" and Arc S "ayame") it COULD work. But First you need to get bootstrapped recovery to work on charm, you maybe could Flash the MB511 Rom. (At your own Risk, of course ^^)
    Else, good luck at building it for charm.

Report to me if it worked, so i can add it to my How-To Thread :)

Sent from somewhere...