[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread

Arranmc182

Mar 28, 2010
Worcester
Any one have problem with the stock keyboard on this room that the whole bottom row is missing??

Sent from my HTC Hero running Cronos Ginger X using Tapatalk

S

stritfajt

with beta four i get also al lot of reboots
only with my sim inserted
tomorrow i wil try a another radio.
maybe that helps

Did you get reboots with Alpha 3? I did a real hack to get the SIM working for me between those versions, so that might have broken it for you.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Download ROM loaded ok, but I logged into market and can not download any apps
\]

yea I can't download any apps either. also I can't download apks from website links either. odd.... like the apk meta format is blocked in this rom (I mean, obviously that isn't it, but it BEHAVES like that).

the built in market works, just doesn't download anything successfully... just sits with downloads in the cue looking like they're trying to download, and same wiht the web browser that puts downloads into presumably the same cue... they appear to be trying to download but never do.

Loxxy

Dec 29, 2010
Oxford
keyboard issues bottom row missing - need to tilt handset so landscape view.

issues outstanding for me:

when adding a google account, authentication is successful but it fails to sync at all, 'sync now' has no effect.

when opening contacts only my profile is visible, if you attempt to import\export contacts, it advises you need a google account, despite one being present

dkelley

May 11, 2010
yea my contacts don't sync either... but with gmail flashed from one of my earlier posts I get gmail sync instantly and reliably, or so it seems up to now.

the included calendar app isn't synced with my google calendar either and when I run it the google account wizard starts... when I enter my (already setup) google account it correctly says that I've already added this account to the phone (I did this through gmail though originally).

So.... something's up with google accounts LoL :-D

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I notice that this rom is, aside from a couple of popup controls in settings which don't work at all, perfectly rendered on the hero's screen size/resolution. This is light years ahead of what they did with GB roms which required a ton of hacks to get correctly sized images that weren't pix-elated.

Nice of google to make the rom work with old phones - whether intentional or not LoL

S

stritfajt

Sure you don't get anything from market? I thought I downloaded something westerday... Did you try with wlan? I will have to fix this when I have som spare time.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Sure you don't get anything from market? I thought I downloaded something westerday... Did you try with wlan? I will have to fix this when I have som spare time.

yea, both wifi and data give me no downloads - I think... Admittedly, when I just tried this for 15 minutes of one 1.5MB game download from the market, the wifi disconnected at some point without my noticing so it went back to data... it's possible that affected it. however that happens all too often (wifi disconnects) in this rom so I really can't say for sure if it works with wifi. if it DOES work with wifi then it's bloody slow at downloading compared to other roms :)

It sure seems like it doesn't work with either connection.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
just tested a scrollable widget with the secret hope that google had finally come to grips that EVERY alternative launcher supports scrollable widgets and that this is one of the major reasons why some ppl use non-stock launchers...

but alas, no. scrollable widget support still doesn't exist in stock android launcher, even with os 4.0.1

dkelley

May 11, 2010
That part is only for devices without physical buttons actually, that's why we don't have it :)

oh ok. I thought maybe it was related to how we are also missing the same amount of the bottom of the portrait mode keyboard....

coincidence? I wonder....

maybe the keyboard in portrait mode isn't aware that our device has hard buttons and therefore is missing the rendering area for those bottom buttons?

I wonder how it works if I install a third party keyboard?

next thing to try!

edit: htc_ime mod works fine, shows full keyboard in portrait mode. so at least we can use alternative keyboards ok. seems pretty quick too compared to the stock android 4 keyboard which is a little slow, even after turning off vibrate in stock kb.

:-D

Last edited:

dkelley

May 11, 2010
my data connection is definitely iffy... yes it works, but eventually stops working and I seem to have to reboot to get it back.

maybe that's my market issue too since it kicked off wifi during my last market download attempt and maybe has kicked off every time Iv'e tried the market downloads for all I know...

sreenath_pkd

Sep 18, 2010
Flashed the rom but it never seems to reboot. Stuck at the 'HERO' screen.

Btw, this is what I got:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Random offset: 0x336

Install from sdcard complete

Last edited:

gugi_sat

Dec 1, 2004
deals4today.co.uk
HI there

I installed it yesterday..what shall i say...waoooooo...look and feel on hero ..nice job..good work...

waiting for next update...its already fast enough to use ...by the way i did not have any reboot so far..yeah battery last less, does not matter, i know with development it will improve with other things...

thnax ...

stefpaul

Jun 27, 2010
bucharest
well seems that people love this rom, and i agree:D...didn't tested alpha 4, but i was wondering if this rom hasn't some problems from the kernel module....:-??... and i think we need to run the new marker...since the old one seems to not work...or is it just me:)) ?

@ developer: keep up the good work:D

Stefan:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)