bugs with SHV-E210K build (i9300 variant)

Search This thread

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
I have Omni booting and running on a E210K (It is a SGS3 Korean variant, only changes are LTE, 2GB and DMB antenna), but some major bugs need fixing. There not much if any device trees for these out there so I have just been modifying the i9300 and it works.

These are probably the major two issues I have for now:

1. without manually adding ro.zygote.disable_gl_preload=1 to the build prop, it won't boot. I noticed this line wasn't in the i9300 builds either, but it's definitely referenced in my builds:

/android/omni/device/samsung/smdk4412-common/common.mk

# Set default USB interface
PRODUCT_DEFAULT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp \
ro.zygote.disable_gl_preload=true
2. Can't adjust the vibration in advanced settings, when I do I get the logcat message below, there is no (very light) feedback because it seems the value is set very low.
If I manually edit the values (by putting it up to 10+) I can get feedback, so it is working.
Code:
I/ActivityManager( 2466): Displayed org.omnirom.device/.DeviceSettings: +428ms
W/DeviceSettings_Utils_Read( 5375): file /sys/vibrator/pwm_val: 2
W/DeviceSettings_Utils( 5375): file /sys/vibrator/pwm_val not found: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/vibrator/pwm_val: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)
W/DeviceSettings_Haptic( 5375): key: vibrator_tuning
but I have no idea where/how to proceed.

My device tree is up over at:
https://github.com/kaijura/android_device_samsung_e210k

I am using the same omni sources for smdk4412-common and kernel.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I have Omni booting and running on a E210K (It is a SGS3 Korean variant, only changes are LTE, 2GB and DMB antenna), but some major bugs need fixing. There not much if any device trees for these out there so I have just been modifying the i9300 and it works.

1. without manually adding ro.zygote.disable_gl_preload=1 to the build prop, it won't boot. I noticed this line wasn't in the i9300 builds either, but it's definitely referenced in my builds:

2. Can't adjust the vibration in advanced settings, when I do I get the logcat message below, there is no (very light) feedback because it seems the value is set very low.
If I manually edit the values (by putting it up to 10+) I can get feedback, so it is working.
Code:
W/DeviceSettings_Utils( 5375): file /sys/vibrator/pwm_val not found: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/vibrator/pwm_val: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)

Thanks in advance
LTE screams "qcom modem" to me - perhaps look at the i9305 tree?

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
Figured it out, for anyone searching for this problem - the issue has to do with the ramdisk portion of a (custom) kernel as it wasn't matching up omni's init setups.

LTE screams "qcom modem" to me - perhaps look at the i9305 tree?
Tried a i9305 build it was a little worse off (no mobile connection), haha. I'm thinking of submitting for an official build after I figure out the build for a working stock omni kernel.
Since this device gets few attention (maybe less than 50 in the sgs3 forum) is it possible that you guys could set the jenkins buildbot to build like every week or other week?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Figured it out, for anyone searching for this problem - the issue has to do with the ramdisk portion of a (custom) kernel as it wasn't matching up omni's init setups.

Tried a i9305 build it was a little worse off (no mobile connection), haha. I'm thinking of submitting for an official build after I figure out the build for a working stock omni kernel.
Since this device gets few attention (maybe less than 50 in the sgs3 forum) is it possible that you guys could set the jenkins buildbot to build like every week or other week?

Hmm, that might be a possibility...

rat99

Jul 3, 2013

Code:

Thanks in advance

This says u r building a rom.Is it working fine?
thanks