Kill com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

Search This thread

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
Can I kill this service and it's startup?
Intelligence Service
com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

What does it really do?

Reactions: Und3rtaker

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

What does it really do?

Well it could be
1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones
2) A training aid for would be Mensa members
3) Some random Samsung service that isn't on my S5

You didn't give us any details or context, so it's difficult to say what the service does. It isn't on my S5 so it's not universal. It may be regional, carrier specific or some Samsung bloatware that doesn't live on my phone anymore.

You can kill the process, which will cause something to quit working. Probably nothing critical but it's hard to be certain when we don't know what it does. If you have xPrivacy, see what permissions it asks for. Otberwise you could just freeze or disable it and see what effect it has on your phone.

If you tell us what firmware version and carrier you use, perhaps someone else who uses the same firmware /carrier will comment.

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
Well it could be
1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones

You didn't give us any details or context, so it's difficult to say what the service does. It isn't on my S5 so it's not universal. It may be regional, carrier specific or some Samsung bloatware that doesn't live on my phone anymore.

You can kill the process, which will cause something to quit working. Probably nothing critical but it's hard to be certain when we don't know what it does. If you have xPrivacy, see what permissions it asks for. Otberwise you could just freeze or disable it and see what effect it has on your phone.

If you tell us what firmware version and carrier you use, perhaps someone else who uses the same firmware /carrier will comment.

All I know about this service is what I have written here.
It's name is "intelligence service"
and the file is com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

The reason I started this thread is to get more infomration about what this is as google search does not give much about it.
Phone is SM-G900F

I found some new info using another program to monitor services..

"Receiver
com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice.useranalysis.UserAnalysisBroadcastReceiver handels action android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED with priority 0"

And a second one also named "intelligence service"
"com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice.useranalysis.analyzer.CarAnalyzer handels action android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED with priority 0"

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
This service isn't on my phone. And as you said, a cursory Google search doesn't tell us much, so we can't tell you anything about it either. Unless you, or someone else that has it provides more information.

At a guess it's just part of some Samsung bloatware. If you disable it, then the associated bloatware app will stop working. If you want to learn more, then look at xprivacy, a root enabled file browser or perhaps Settings > Applications > App ops and find out what app (apk) the service originates from. Then post the apk or at least provide the app's name and what permissions it asks for.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
And the winning entry is..

I had a few minutes to spare, so I did a proper Google search. The upshot of which is that a lot of people claim that this is a Carrier IQ component. So the service is aptly named. Carrier IQ is a spyware rootkit installed by Verizon, Sprint, etc to capture extensive demographics on what you do with your phone, including keystoke logging. For the carrier to serve you better of course. Or to help the NSA spy on you, depending on who you choose to believe.

Invasive in either scenario, which is why it isn't on my phone.
More reading if you are interested:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/the-rootkit-of-all-evil-ciq/
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2266241&page=2
http://goo.gl/td1w4n
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/5233323/2639029999

7yqu7yve.jpg

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
And the winning entry is..

I had a few minutes to spare, so I did a proper Google search. The upshot of which is that a lot of people claim that this is a Carrier IQ component. So the service is aptly named. Carrier IQ is a spyware rootkit installed by Verizon, Sprint, etc to capture extensive demographics on what you do with your phone, including keystoke logging. For the carrier to serve you better of course. Or to help the NSA spy on you, depending on who you choose to believe.

Invasive in either scenario, which is why it isn't on my phone.
More reading if you are interested:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/the-rootkit-of-all-evil-ciq/
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2266241&page=2
http://goo.gl/td1w4n
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/5233323/2639029999

7yqu7yve.jpg

Somebody is in a bit of a pickle then.

harlgal

Aug 10, 2012
Same here

Well it could be

I have the the same issue, Intelligence Service just popped up in my sys apps too. AT&T
I have a Samsung S5 A900 4.42 I'm at the end of a trial for Samsung. (You think I'd at least get the update sooner! lol);) I don't use xPrivacy.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I have the the same issue, Intelligence Service just popped up in my sys apps too. AT&T
I have a Samsung S5 A900 4.42 I'm at the end of a trial for Samsung. (You think I'd at least get the update sooner! lol);) I don't use xPrivacy.

I think it's the Isis (Softcard) Wallet, pretty sure it is. I just re-enabled it to start using my Serve card.

Last edited:

sameer3006

Nov 30, 2014
brampton
Connecting to Mac/PC

hi there,
I had a problem after installing amazing "Blaze Kernel "Onto G900w8 S5 running Xtresolite Rom v 1.5 is that phone is not connecting to Pc or mac through kies or Andriod file transfer which used to connect without any problems. Kids or other softwares just keep on trying with no success. I guess there might be some settings that need to corrected to get connectivity. tried both file or camera transfer modes on S5 but no connections.
One Amazing thing i noticed in performance and battery life with this kernel is that my Antutu benchmark scores went up to 43456 from 40435 and is the maximum reached so far...Simply Amazing..
PLEASE HELP!!!!! with connection problems would be highly appreciated.

puks275

Mar 7, 2015
Note 4 same problem

I use battery doctor and lately it's been hard to charge and running quite slow then when I went to optimize it it had all these weird apps iv never seen before and majority of them say they have permission to record audio take my photos use any of my information and so on most of them I can force stop but they just open back up also since this is happen when ever I plug my charger in it makes a weird beep sound after the normal beep that occurs when plugging it in to charge

BlissfullBabylon

Mar 16, 2017
I have had my phone for over 12 months. I am very aware that I am being monitored for no reason and so , have kept tabs on my phones files and apps. Only today have I seen a file called Intelligence Service and so, wanted to find out what it was. It wasnt there 4 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I had other odd files that I couldnt delete. My phone does what it wants: answers calls and hangs up, opens apps, closes other apps, filters internet and when Im on a call I will hear people talking on the line as if its an echo but they arent saying the same thing I am. I often hear voices coming out of the speaker. It reboots when it wants to. My data runs out too quickly no matter how I use it....when I take photos it gets hot like the info is being transfered. My phone has a magnetic charge, too. The phone runs with a slight delay as if its being relayed. Smart phones and idiot phones arent safe. I used my old basic nokia last week. It too was being controled remotely. It doesnt matter what u do.
Com.Sec is a sucurity company. Com.Sec.android may be innocent. If u have files that just say Com.Sec get rid. Com.Sec Investigations, Omnitron. Look them up.

Top Liked Posts