[ROM] [4.2.2] AOKP :: jb-mr1 :: Milestone 2 | nightlies :: t0lteatt

Search This thread

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Honestly the SOAP kernel by PMR is the best kernel you can use IMO. I've used others and even compiled my own and still can't touch what that kernel does.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: FightinTxAg

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Honestly the SOAP kernel by PMR is the best kernel you can use IMO. I've used others and even compiled my own and still can't touch what that kernel does.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

As far as Battery life, I'm having better luck with stock over soap5. But every phone is different.

Sent from The Bacon Pope's Galaxy Note 2

FightinTxAg

May 1, 2013
Dallas, TX
As far as Battery life, I'm having better luck with stock over soap5. But every phone is different.
I had crazy WLAN wakelocks and bad battery life on SOAP V5. Some posts in the thread indicated battery life was better in V4, and someone posted the file around page 6, I believe. AOKP milestone 1 coupled with SOAP V4 now gives me phenomenal battery life, rivaling what I had on Jedi X.

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
I had crazy WLAN wakelocks and bad battery life on SOAP V5. Some posts in the thread indicated battery life was better in V4, and someone posted the file around page 6, I believe. AOKP milestone 1 coupled with SOAP V4 now gives me phenomenal battery life, rivaling what I had on Jedi X.

Yeah I saw that. V6 kernel is about to hit. :)

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
I added another link under the downloads section for nightlies. The latest is 5-6-2013 as of this post.

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
The latest daily builds are rock solid as well that are pushed via the aokppush app.

fate2doom

Feb 22, 2011
ainen, in your first post, its stated that the SD card has to be FAT32 formatted. Is that for installing the rom from the SD card or just to be able to use the SD card as an extra storage?

I have a MAC, so I just want to be sure before doing it. I'm still new to flashing and such.

Last edited:

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
ainen, in your first post, its stated that the SD card has to be exFAT formatted. Is that for installing the rom from the SD card or just to be able to use the SD card as an extra storage?

I have a MAC, so I just want to be sure before doing it. I'm still new to flashing and such.

You must format your external sdcard to FAT32 before using it on this rom! Otherwise you will get corrupted sdcard messages.

FAT32, not exFAT. It is because the kernel included with this ROM does not support exFAT so it will say the sdcard is damaged and it will be unable to read it.

edit: I just saw this thread. It may interest you. AOKP is based on CM10.1 so this should work. No guarantees though, so I'd ask in that thread first.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
ainen,

Thanks for putting this thread together!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ainen

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
The AOKP nightlies are really sweet - no issues at all - currently running 05/09 :) Definitely one of the best roms available for the i7317!! :thumbup:

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
The AOKP nightlies are really sweet - no issues at all - currently running 05/09 :) Definitely one of the best roms available for the i7317!! :thumbup:

Same here. It's extremely stable and has lot of customization options to choose from. This is the first non-TW ROM that I've stuck to in a while. I still can't wait for SOAP V6 to drop.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
05/12 Nightly is up and running Great!!
Changelog is what I haven't been able to find yet?

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
05/12 Nightly is up and running Great!!
Changelog is what I haven't been able to find yet?

Here is a small changelog

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368364806390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368364806390.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 161

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
Is it just me or does it seem like AOSP ROMs run a little hotter than TW?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

installation-1.png

• MAKE A NANDROID
    • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • flash ROM
    • flash Gapps
    • reboot
    downloads-4.png

90562fa357215d675961b9099056c8a5 aokp_t0lteatt_jb-mr1_milestone-2.zip // mirror // more info
    5f13105851abc1c71fa933dd7d42c5cb 4.2.2_aokp_t0lteatt_nightly_2013-08-21.zip // mirror
    4.3_aokp_t0lteatt_nightly_2013-09-28.zip // mirror
    5f22f046e37038a3856eeb825e73d4ed 4.2.2 gapps - August 12, 2013
    1f51b5cc6370c1f45dc951109b6ce6ed 4.3 gapps - August 13, 2013

keep up with the latest changes on our gerrit instance (click the merged link!)
    contribute-1.png

Donate to AOKP
    Donate to CyanogenMod

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, submit to gerrit and feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. We are open source, and always will be.

DEVICE SPECIFIC BUGS:
    - Any bugs currently found on our CM10.1/10.2 builds. Check the buglist here.

CREDITS:
    - sbrissen
    - Codeworkx
    - Steve Spear
    - Team Hacksung
    - AOKP
    - CM

You must format your external sdcard to FAT32 before using it on this rom! Otherwise you will get corrupted sdcard messages.

If you want to return to a 4.1.x ROM after flashing AOKP, flash madmacks restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip AFTER flashing/nandroiding back to your 4.1.x rom. You can get this .zip attached below.
    Thanks for the link shaggy. I see how the visual indicators can just be different but I know that the signal is weaker because multiple exact places that I'd get LTE before I just get hspa/GSM on aosp.

From what I heard, it is due to radio interface libraries(rils) not being incorporated into the ROM, not the radio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Personally - I haven't seen any difference - Take into account that while you might be at the same place - Load on the Cell/Data networks fluctuate & sometimes wildly.
    There's a pretty decent app on the store - Open Signal - It can actually show you which Towers you're connected to (even the CID of the towers).
    Check it out - you may be surprised ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Probably since it's stuck in general. People don't look here for ROMs. But I agree, it's one of the smoothest and stable 4.2.2 ROMs on the device imo.

Isn't there a way to get it moved to development?

Hey I've got spen helper to open up papyrus & when I take out the stylus I get the notification sound of a light saber AND a notification in the notification bar along with a vibration when the stylus is removed and replaced :D

I'm using Devil kernel on all my roms lately, both TW and AOSP...Can't attest to battery, since I have a ZL battery now, and I pay no attention to battery life anymore, knowing I will always get 3-4 days no matter what!
    that kernel is awesum; smooth, fast, oc to 2000, and great sound tweaks....knowing it works on every rom makes it even nicer!!
    I'm still in the process of learning so I might in the future. I can build it and add cherry picks but thats as far as I've gotten so far.