Galaxy Grand i9082 keeps rebooting while formatting or restoring the /data partition

Search This thread

acemccloud1

Jul 15, 2012
Greetings Folks!!! :cowboy:

Yesterday, I tried to install Xenon HD ROM on my GT - i9082, and it got into a boot loop. So then I tried to restore my CWM backup, but even that keeps failing because the phone reboots when the restore process comes to restoring the /data partition. I tried doing the "Wipe Data" option from CWM, but then at "Formatting /data", the phone reboots. Basically, if you do any formatting or restoring on /data, the phone reboots.
I am currently at 4.2.2 (XUBMJ4 Build). Some advice to get me out of this mess would be appreciated. :cool:

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
Happened with me too.
I don't really remember how I solved it though.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Greetings Folks!!! :cowboy:

Yesterday, I tried to install Xenon HD ROM on my GT - i9082, and it got into a boot loop. So then I tried to restore my CWM backup, but even that keeps failing because the phone reboots when the restore process comes to restoring the /data partition. I tried doing the "Wipe Data" option from CWM, but then at "Formatting /data", the phone reboots. Basically, if you do any formatting or restoring on /data, the phone reboots.
I am currently at 4.2.2 (XUBMJ4 Build). Some advice to get me out of this mess would be appreciated. :cool:

Use Philz Recovery and See...:)