USB car charger dongle supporting "charging AC" mode?

Search This thread

plcline

Aug 27, 2009
Get a charge only cable, i.e. Naztech Micro USB Charging Cable. The phone will then see the charging source as an outlet and not a usb port.

Also, recommend the Miccus ChargeBlock USB Car Adapter CBCAWC-2A. Make sure you order the CBCAWC-2A as it's 2 amp model. With this charger and the above cable, or similiar cable, you can run everything simultaniously and it will fully charge up the battery.

joecoolinatl

May 14, 2008
This one works without soldering or anything. It charges the EXTENDED batter about 1% every two minutes.

31DMWDGBXHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TOKTHO/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

ordered this last monday, got it on wednesday, 2 days, $2.96. great deal.

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
so a 1 amp charger that registers AC mode eh?.. thats cool.

still sad though that i have 2 2.1 amp dongles(a belkin and a kensington) that both charge my asus transformer & ipad 2 fast... but when i connect the rezound to either it registers as USB mode and charges slow as hell(loses charge if i actually use the rezound while charging).

anyone know if there's a 2.1 that will do AC mode?

i ended getting this rocketfish rapid charger from best buy but with the coil like cable & the standard micro connection it's a tad loose and occassionally stops charging depending on the phone's placement.

Yeah, I have one of the ipad 2.1 amp chargers for the car, and the bionic would charge at about 1.5 amps on it, but all of my HTC devices charge at only 500mah. I wish I had a 2.1 amp charger that would work for the zound. As its nice to be about to get in the car for 20 mins and have 30% or so battery after that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Aceracer27

Feb 20, 2011
Sydney
Honor Play
Yeah, I have one of the ipad 2.1 amp chargers for the car, and the bionic would charge at about 1.5 amps on it, but all of my HTC devices charge at only 500mah. I wish I had a 2.1 amp charger that would work for the zound. As its nice to be about to get in the car for 20 mins and have 30% or so battery after that.

I just read in another post that HTC USB deugging mode limits the charge to 500mah. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: 1454

Aceracer27

Feb 20, 2011
Sydney
Honor Play
Thank you. FWIW, I have a 1.5 ma charger in my truck, turned off USB debugging for the 20 minute ride home from work. Nothing running, gained 10% charge. ( 75%-85%). Haven't done the math yet.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

There is an easy way to check if you are on "fast charge". On your phone if navigate to:
Settings > About Phone > Battery it should say something like:

Not Charging or Charging A/C or Charging USB

Hopefully you are getting Charging A/C in the car. I'd love to try all this but I washed my Incredible S the other day..... :eek:

allisonfranz

Jul 9, 2014
Memphis
Dunno about the charging AC mode, but I personally use Avantek and am pleasantly surprised by its charging speed. Charges my phone as fast as my home charger so maybe that makes a normal charge. Very for me.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an easy fix and it should work on most chargers that have this problem.

I had this problem with the Griffin PowerJolt Dual Universal Micro that I bought for my TouchPro2. To fix it all you have to do is open up the housing (make sure you don't lose any parts, some are under tension and have the tendency to fly away) and solder together the two middle solder points on the usb connector. I have attached an image of what you should look for.Just make sure you do not accidentally solder to either pin 1 or 4 as they are the +V and -V. Once you solder the middle pins together you should be able to reassemble the charger and you phone should see it as an ac charger and will be able to charge faster. Let me know if this works for you.
    This one works without soldering or anything. It charges the EXTENDED batter about 1% every two minutes.

31DMWDGBXHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TOKTHO/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
    I forgot to update this thread. I got the HTC CC C300 dual port charger and it does provide the juice for AC charging. Cruising down the road, it was pushing a little under 850mAh into my near-dead battery. The model number is 99H10128-00.

HTC_accessories1.jpg

If you can live with only one port, the single port HTC charger does AC charging as well. The cheapest that I've seen it is here, as a "T-Mobile myTouch" branded unit. http://www.amazon.com/HTC-T-Mobile-...UTF8&coliid=I3F2IGEKMH21XF&colid=CYR5AB72ZMIK

17391097_300x300_1.jpg

I just read in another post that HTC USB deugging mode limits the charge to 500mah. :fingers-crossed: