Galaxy Note Digitizer

Search This thread

intruda119

Mar 12, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi all.

Sorry for (almost) off topic.

Today I had my Screen and Digitizer replaced today. Everything working good. I noticed my Stylus pen no longer works, is there any way I can fix it or the repair men forgot to add this - etradesupply.com/samsung-galaxy-note-gt-n7000-stylus-sensor-film.htm :confused:

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Please ignore link, I was referring about "Stylus sensor film".

Did they forget to add to it so stylus could work?

Yeah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

kawgirlval69

Jan 6, 2010
That sucks :( I dont know if it's worth it going back to them and sort it out. I found stylus useful even if you have cracked blank screen and the phone doesnt respond with the fingers but the pen. I used Android sdk to screen capture my movement so I could back it up.

id be getting my money back.... they should have been able to use the original one before they put it all together.... ive done probably a hundred of these and never have i damaged the original one. at least make them order you a brand new part and spen sensor pad and redo the repair... im betting the idiots used the old adhesive around the top and bottom too...

why im saying a brand new screen assembly....because im betting the geniuses will damage the one in it now taking it out again...

need help pm me and ill try to help you the best i can...

v

hatebreedwillett

May 11, 2013
isle of wight
mine started going mad few months back so went on my samsung account n messaged them n they sent me a new one free

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

scrap that my bad thort ya ment the pen

Sent from my GT-N7000 64gb ultra XXXLT4 JELLYBEAN 4.1.2 V6 using xda premium

lancer3vo

Nov 20, 2012
You mind as well sell your phone for the full price of a new screen because buying a new screen is almost equivalent to buying a used phone... Just my 2 cents

joss24

Apr 21, 2013
Possible, but be very carefull
youtube.com/watch?v=icxls5923O8

Last edited:

feartheanonymity

Feb 23, 2013
I dropped mine the other day, I was horrified, Ive owned this phone for the best part of 2 years and dropped it several times without damage, Any way this time it shattered the front glass.

I dont see the point in paying £150 for a new LCD & digitizer when the phone itself isnt worth much more.

Anyway after researching and watching lots of videos, Ive decided to repair it myself, this is what i have purchased
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281135945360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It comes with all the tools needed aswell as the layer of glue for between the glass and LCD screen.

Hopefully with a bit of luck i'll have it back to normal, If not ive only wasted a few quid and will probably sell the phone for parts and put it towards something else.

I find it hard to believe a replacement screen is almost the same price as the phone itself.

m_rajaganesh

Nov 25, 2011
Please advise

Unfortunately I dropped my note and it broken the screen and also i not possible to see the display [only i can see 25% of display on top].
I don know about what you mean digitizer... I enquiry the service shop they said need to replace the both the screen and display.
May i know some links for where to buy both the touch screen and display. Can you please advice. Thanks in advance. Thanks

Muffman

Jan 12, 2014
Replace it on your own

Unfortunately I dropped my note and it broken the screen and also i not possible to see the display [only i can see 25% of display on top].
I don know about what you mean digitizer... I enquiry the service shop they said need to replace the both the screen and display.
May i know some links for where to buy both the touch screen and display. Can you please advice. Thanks in advance. Thanks

With the galaxy the digitizer is part of the LCD. It sounds like your LCD is broken. What I recommend is to look for one that has a cracked glass and a bad esn and replace the glass and put your motherboard in it. If you shop correctly you can get this for 60-90. I actually know where there is one in a lot that I can get for about 250 for 3 phones if you want to go in on it with me. I have no use for the note. And when all is said and done you can sell the motherbooard cuz it is clean. So in the end it will prob cost you 40-50.

If you decide find one on your own here is how to replace just glass.

I have only been doing this type of repair for a little 6 months now and I have a 95% success rate with 3% failure rate happening within the 1st 10 repairs and the other 2% were a few that I believe were already on the verge of breaking and I missed the signs. And I have successfully performed well over 150 repairs on S2's (which is what I started with) S3's, S4's, Note, Note 2, Note 3 and Mega.

If you want to replace it successfully without damage I can give you some tips.....

1st. I have a solvent that in conjunction with heat will successfully remove any Glass from an LCD assy (without a backlight) by gently running molybendum wire under the glass. (I do this just for piece of mind. I have tested this stuff on old LCD's and literally pulled the glass off with my hands very easily without damaging the LCD at all!

With this solvent the entire assy can soak for up to 20 mins.

1st heat the solvent up slightly to approx 80degrees Farenheit.

Then heat the LCD up to temp. 110 degrees farenheit (and keep it at that temp for at least 2 mins. (hair dryer, Heat gun, or my fav, an Iron).

Then place the Assy with the motherboard and all components removed face down in solvent for 15 mins.

Remove and slide wire under the glass starting from one of the top corners. It should go right through like warm butter.
If you feel any resistance stop, heat it up with only a hair dryer to 90 degrees and soak for 5 min and you will not have a oreblem removing.

You can contact me at buysellcells@yahoo.com for more info.

jo_alloy

Nov 10, 2007
my friend you can replace the glass only and its easy , it takes about 30 minute and you should be fine and how ever try and if any thing goes wrong you still have the choice to bought the full LCD there are thousands of videos on YouTube explaining how its can be don the only tools you well need a good hear dryer 2000 watt well be very good and a fishing line i did it and coast me 5 dollars only and its feeling good and i'm ready to help you in any means possible (sorry if any thing i wrote spilled wrong my native tung is not English)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me spell it out for you:

You can NOT replace the digitizer/glass only. You need to purchase the complete assembly.

Regards, service technician ;)

I'm a mobile device service tech too (I actually own the business) and you are correct. You have to replace the entire assembly. It is not possible to separate the screen and digitizer without damage... those people on eBay know full well that you can't and shouldn't be selling them.

Unless your a pro at removing glue/glass whule being sure not to crack lcd grab just digitizer. And only if you have ultimate patience.

Save yourself a headache a byt complete assembly. Trust me from a guy wasted alot of money on digitizers.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Let me spell it out for you:

You can NOT replace the digitizer/glass only. You need to purchase the complete assembly.

Regards, service technician ;)
    If u know what you are doing it actually isint very hard I would suggest buy the cheapest digitizer around and give it a shot if nothing works out get the whole kit.
    I'm a mobile device service tech too (I actually own the business) and you are correct. You have to replace the entire assembly. It is not possible to separate the screen and digitizer without damage... those people on eBay know full well that you can't and shouldn't be selling them.

You can if you have the right tools. I broke my digitizer awhile back and bought the digitizer only. Theres actually a thread around here. Only thing I didnt have was some good double sided tape that would have made everything alot easier.

The biggist issue on ebay with digitizer only are they dont come with preinstalled tape already attached. But a heat (blow dryer) and some good plastic(always only plastic) tools its not that difficult.

I had to purchase just the digitizer because when I cracked the screen, the full assembly wasnt available yet. Its not hard, just takes a little patience.

I eventually converted my note into a white version. Picture below is my old lcd with installed digitizer. I would still suggest to buy complete assembly. I have a guy on ebay that sells them pretty cheap and ships fast.

And daddymatt your missing out on some business.