[KitKat] LiquidSmooth KitKat v3.2 - 4.4.4 for Droid X

Search This thread

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

CM 11 still being worked on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes and no. There are commits being pushed to the CM11 repos that we can see, as well as a few CM12 repos. But we get stuck with any kind of new builds b/c we no longer have the updated compatible kernel available to us unless m.ksy re-releases it to us.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
@Oggie7797 I'm about ready after I finish this car audio upgrade!
I hate holidays lol
Sounds good but tagging me with an off topic reply on a thread that isn't mine isn't necessary. Send me a hangout and I'll reply as soon as I have time/notice it. And before someone says how off topic original cm11 thread is.....that's a lost cause ?

Tap'd from my Unicorn covered Bionic

monochrome83

Sep 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
Loved Liquid Smooth on my LG G3, but pulling my old Droid X out of the drawer, and flashing kitkat?? Thats so awesome!! Now i have 5 old phones, and my DD to play with lol. Now if Motorola didnt F up the Droid X2, that could be number 8......

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Any takers on testing the newest version of Liquid Kitkat? Nothing to large has changed. Just minor updates from LS and m.ksy kernel. Here is the link:

ROM: LS-KK-v3.2-2015-01-24-shadow.zip
MD5: 2d3c4813a479e03d58e46769755c51cb

I have not tried it out yet myself, so please let me know if you have issues. If it gets a good result, I'll update the OP with the new build.
Happy flashing!

Last edited:

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Any takers on testing the newest version of Liquid Kitkat? Nothing to large has changed. Just minor updates from LS and m.ksy kernel. Here is the link:

I have not tried it out yet myself, so please let me know if you have issues. If it gets a good result, I'll update the OP with the new build.
Happy flashing!

I literally just left the house lol thanks for the update though! :)

Sent from my XT875 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: roeblatt3

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Happy flashing!

I'll try it. Any word on a LP version or not yet?

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

MrBrady

Oct 26, 2010

Happy flashing!

Just tried installing it w/ the TWRP listed in the OP and it immediately displayed a "Failed" message.

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Yeah, I finally had a chance to try it this morning and got the same failure. Thanks for checking it out. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

I had the same issue with my cm11-kanged v1.4 make sure that /system isn't too bloated lol I suggest removing non essential apks like kernel tweaker. I wish we had a bigger system partition..

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks. I think it's just a bad update-binary file though, since it doesn't even try to start installing.

Yea mine did the same thing though. It could be the binary but seeing as to how edify hasn't changed much in a long time it is unlikely, try the binary from older version and if it fails go for debloating it. FYI if it fails it'll soft brick so just flash the twrp installer to get working recovery (something I learnt when I borked my kang xD)

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yea mine did the same thing though. It could be the binary but seeing as to how edify hasn't changed much in a long time it is unlikely, try the binary from older version and if it fails go for debloating it. FYI if it fails it'll soft brick so just flash the twrp installer to get working recovery (something I learnt when I borked my kang xD)

I figured it out. I messed up the updater-script. New build forthcoming.

Reactions: Bobcus Leper

Arrestme

Dec 6, 2014
not sure

First thanks to the whole string of daisy-chaining developers who still work on DX, as you've saved me & lots of ppl from bloated slow Motorola-based stock roms. :)

not sure how to upgrade twrp 2.8.0.0 to the 2.8.0.1 file you provided, without being 100% sure of myself that I won't screw up.
I just wanted to upgrade to newer LS KK you posted, but are you saying I must upgrade my TWRP first to 2.8.0.1 with the file you provided? My twrp is still from the 2.7 file you first provided, even tho in twrp it shows 2.8.0.0. Or will installing the new LS-KK zip inside TWRP also update TWRP after?
Any special process I should be aware of beforehand?

I sound pretty lost, but rest assured everybody, the first time I ever installed custom rom was with this & I did it first try without any problems or confusion. But maybe it's just paranoia, but this twrp update thing does confuse me a bit. <.< ty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE OR LOSE ANY DATA!! BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!! ***

LiquidSmooth KitKat for Droid X​

Important Notes:
    • I have not tested Phone/Data functionality, as I no longer have service. So I have no idea if it works.
    • This is a work in progress. I don't have much time to work on this ROM, so please be patient between builds.
    • This is based off of LiquidSmooth's source, mixed with Quarx's and m.ksy/Aaahh's source.

Instructions for INITIAL INSTALL of LS KK on Droid X:
    1. Download latest ROM and gapps.
    2. If you're on a custom ROM already (CM, MIUI, LiquidICS) goto STEP 6. Otherwise, download Droid2RecoveryBootstrap_CWM5.0.2.0.apk, Framaroot.apk, and twrp_2.8_kitkat_dx.zip to your DX.
    3. On phone: Settings->Applications(Enable Unknown sources)->Development->Enable USB Debugging.
    4. Install Framaroot.apk, launch it and select "Gimli", reboot you're phone.
    5. Install Droid2RecoveryBootstrap_CWM5.0.2.0.apk, launch it, select "Bootstrap Recovery", grant Superuser access and reboot phone.
    6. Reboot phone into CWM Recovery or if you on stock firmware launch Droid X Bootstrapper and press "Reboot Recovery".
    7. In CWM choose wipe data/factory reset (this will completely delete all your data on phone except sdcard), then install zip from sdcard and select twrp_cm11_dx.zip.
    8. Reboot system.
    9. (It's touch) Recovery -> Team Win Recovery.
    10. In TWRP choose Install and select ROM, then swipe.
    11. Once installed, click Reboot System and let it fully boot up.
    12. Reboot into Recovery again.
    13. In TWRP choose Install and select gapps, then swipe.
    14. Once installed, click Reboot System.

Instructions for UPGRADING LS KK for Droid X:
    1. Reboot into Recovery.
    2. Select "Backup".
    3. Check all boxes that apply, then swipe.
    4. Once finished, go back to the main menu.
    5. Select "Wipe" -> "Advanced Wipe".
    6. Check all boxes that apply EXCEPT "sdcard", then swipe.
    7. Return to main menu again.
    8. Select "Install", then select the latest version of the ROM on your sdcard, then swipe.
    9. Once installed, click Reboot System and let it fully boot up.
    10. Reboot into Recovery again.
    11. Select "Install", then select the latest version of the gapps on your sdcard, then swipe.
    12. Select "Reboot System". Enjoy!

Bugs:

DOWNLOADS
    ROM: LS-KK-v3.2-2015-01-28-shadow.zip
    MD5: 10c02b31508e9857c70e881db3e93509​

GAPPS: 8-7_GApps_Minimal_4.4.4_DX.zip
    MD5: 74a22b22496c88d371b5890adbe0b036​

Extras:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LiquidSmooth KitKat, ROM for the Motorola Droid X

Contributors
    roeblatt3, m.ksy, Aaahh, Quarx, CyanogenMod Team, LiquidSmooth Team

HUGE Thanks to Quarx, m.ksy, and Aaahh for their brilliant work to keep these Droids kicking!!
    This wouldn't have been possible without them!

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.8.0.0
    Based On: LiquidSmooth, CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 3.2-2015-01-28
    Beta Release Date: 2015-01-28

Created 2015-01-28
    Last Updated 2015-01-28
    No I meant I cant add any extra lockscreen targets. Sorry.
    No, I was off topic with a star wars quote.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    First bug I noticed: the lockscreen slider targets doesnt work
    stay on target

Happy flashing!
    Couple of things i noticed.
    If coming from Cm11, Wipe everything except SD card (System, Data, Android Secure and Caches...) It keeped trying to call verizon to activate otherwise.
    Just Install Rom, boot rom, then Reboot recovery and install GApps, I could not get past language selection if I installed GApps at same time.