{MOD's}{How to's} Create a custom notification dropdown! Remove status bar clock!

Search This thread

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
I believe they were originally made by eskodroid over on the sgs2 forums. I used them on my 3d, so I resized them to 50x50 to add a little more pop and clarity. I believe my buddy Vinchenzop has the mod posted in his battery mods thread in the themes section. Check it out he's got quite a few to choose from.

Reactions: trollallot

GEX THE GECKO

Aug 8, 2010
Teeside
Custom image stretches

Hi i kind of followed your tutorial on my galaxy note and i managed to do it but my image gets stretched if i make it a 9 patch its near enough impossible to edit because its to large, is there anyway to prevent it from stretching? i tried changing from wrap_content to fill parent but the result was exactly the same.

edit: tried using a 800x750px image still stretches but even worse

edit: Finally sorted it, i was drawing my .9.png wrong lol thanks for the guide much appreciated.

Last edited:

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
Hi i kind of followed your tutorial on my galaxy note and i managed to do it but my image gets stretched if i make it a 9 patch its near enough impossible to edit because its to large, is there anyway to prevent it from stretching? i tried changing from wrap_content to fill parent but the result was exactly the same.

edit: tried using a 800x750px image still stretches but even worse

Try using the same method and add a landscape image to res/drawable - land and see if that works.

Sent from LTEVO!

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
Uh oh who let you in here? ;-) there goes the neighborhood
181e03ce-b4ef-c23b.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Lovely image you got there:p

By the way great tutorial Jeff

jrdejavux

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego
i am trying to set up the apk tools but i get this error

Please make your decision:9
Decompiling Apk
testCan't find framework resources for package of id: 2. You must install proper
framework files, see project website for more info.
"An Error Occured, Please Check The Log (option 21)"
Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited:

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
i am trying to set up the apk tools but i get this error

Please make your decision:9
Decompiling Apk
testCan't find framework resources for package of id: 2. You must install proper
framework files, see project website for more info.
"An Error Occured, Please Check The Log (option 21)"
Press any key to continue . . .

You have to install your framework resources in this case it looks like com.htc.resources. Use option ten

I love my shiny 4g iPhone!

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
Thank for this!!! One question, is it possible to center the clock?

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
The rom im running has quick settings in the status bar also,wpuld this still apply?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Badseed.gif

Create a custom background for your notification dropdown.

Assuming you already know how to decompile, edit and recompile apk's

Let's start by decompiling SystemUI.apk

Once decompiled find the values folder and open it. Now right click on the drawables.xml and open with notepad++ change the values as shown below save and exit.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_tracking_bg">#00000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_number_text_color">#ffffffff</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">#00000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed">#ff257390</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="ticker_background_color">#00000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_background_solid">#80000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_recents_app_thumbnail_background">#80000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color">#00000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_header_bg">#00000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="recents_callout_line">#99ffffff</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_legacy_color">#00000000</item>
    </resources>

***NOTE- The above can be hard coded to your desired color without having to add the custom image I'm about to describe below. You will still need to make the notificaton_tracking_bg.9 transparent so it will not stack with the coded color.

Now you need to make your custom background image. I named mine shade_bg (240x400) make sure the image is rgb or it will not show correctly, you can name what you like,

and add this image to res/drawable-xhdpi. Also while in that folder, find notification_tracking_bg.9, this image needs to be made transparent or your images will stack on top of one another.

The easiest way to do that is to open up Gimp, pull decompiled image into the window, select the rectangle tool and make a box around the image except for the patch lines.Go to edit then cut,

that will remove the background without breaking the patch. Now save the image in place of the old one.

Once thats done, navigate to res/layout folder and open it. Inside find status_bar_tracking.xml, right click and open with notepad++.

Add android:background="drawable/shade_bg" in line 2 as shown below.

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:eek:rientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Once all this is done you can now recompile your SystemUI.apk sign, zipalign and install. You should now have the background you created as your dropdown.

Enjoy your new dropdown, get creative, and happy modding.

Here's another quick one.

Remove statusbar clock....

Navigate to res/layout and find status_bar.xml, right click and open with

notepad++ then just add the text in the entry you see below highlighted in red. Recompile, sign and zipalign. No more clock!

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:eek:rientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <LinearLayout android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
    <LinearLayout android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
    <TextView android:textColor="@color/white" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/plmnLabel" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
    <TextView android:textColor="@color/white" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/callTime" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:scaleType="center" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:visibility="gone" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
    <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" />
    </ImageSwitcher>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
    <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
    <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textSize="16.0sp" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    <include android:id="@id/glow" layout="@layout/status_bar_glow" />
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>

Thanks to my Bad Seed brothers for all that we accomplish together.
    Reserved for more mods!
    4450b37e-2685-af48.jpg

Nextup.....
    4450b37e-269e-c13b.jpg

Sent from LTEVO!
    Uh oh who let you in here? ;-) there goes the neighborhood
    181e03ce-b4ef-c23b.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    The app drawer image is mcluvn's, I hope to get a how to up for it soon. That one requires a lot more edits then just adding the image. The apps need to be aligned to fit the shelves. I'll ask him if he minds me sharing the image.

Sent from LTEVO!
    Wow BadSeed customs must be the real deal. Thank you kind sir!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium