[REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

Picc0

Jul 14, 2012
Budapest
Root?

first: thank you for the download links :)

i assume its a dumb question, but i will ask it anyway: can i root after update with nexus 7 toolkit or we have to wait to a new kernel?

bigbop

Nov 18, 2005
Toronto
Well, I just tried installing the update again and it failed with the same error.
I then tried to update using the smaller recovery update that installed
Nexus7-Binary-Update-JRO03R.zip and it worked fine.

I looked inside the zip file and everything looks good so I don't know why its giving me the no files found error.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

perthtrev

Jul 20, 2012
Having same problem

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Well, I just tried installing the update again and it failed with the same error.
I then tried to update using the smaller recovery update that installed
Nexus7-Binary-Update-JRO03R.zip and it worked fine.

I looked inside the zip file and everything looks good so I don't know why its giving me the no files found error.

Having same problem with "system 7 error". How did you fix? By using another download?

bigbop

Nov 18, 2005
Toronto
No, the binary update was installed fine. The Google update still fails.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

That's a bug in the 3.34 boot loader. Boot the tablet up normally, turn on USB debugging, plug the tablet into USB and do adb reboot recovery from a command prompt. That works every time.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I used ROM toolbox to get into the recovery mode. I start the install and it fails on the verification check

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
No, the binary update was installed fine. The Google update still fails.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I used ROM toolbox to get into the recovery mode. I start the install and it fails on the verification check

Are you on JRO03D or JRO03S?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
Below is a list of all known OTA updates and factory images direct from Google. You can also find all of these files mirrored at http://randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware/nexus-7 in case Google were to ever take the files down for some reason.

Hi oldblue910, any chance you could add the approx date each OTA was released and the original OTA URL (not just your mirrored Google Docs links) on your randomphantasmagoria.com web site? would be quite handy to have for all the devices. Thanks, it's a useful site.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hi oldblue910, any chance you could add the approx date each OTA was released and the original OTA URL (not just your mirrored Google Docs links) on your randomphantasmagoria.com web site? would be quite handy to have for all the devices. Thanks, it's a useful site.

The dates are a good idea...as far as the Google links...I find those unnecessary since the whole point of the site is to mirror the OTAs in case Google takes them down. I'll work on the dates. Good idea.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
JRO03D

Then it's failing because either you're running a custom kernel or because some file on your /system partition has been modified by some root app. You must be running a completely stock ROM in order for the OTA to succeed.

bigbop

Nov 18, 2005
Toronto
Actually, everything is stock except I added one line at the end of the system pref file to enable home screen rotation. I'll put it back to orig and try again.
Tnx

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Actually, everything is stock except I added one line at the end of the system pref file to enable home screen rotation. I'll put it back to orig and try again.
Tnx

That'll do it. Replace it with the original file and that should fix your problem.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Didn't you also just say you flashed JRO03R somewhere along the line? That wasn't an official release, so those files might also be why verification isn't succeeding.

Top Liked Posts