[WM Kitchen] osKitchen - Easy Visual Kitchen - NEW AWESOME UI [3 Jan]

Search This thread

burtcom

Apr 23, 2007
Helena
OndraSter, I spoke too soon about my 23081 build -- I can't get the phone control panel to display. :(

Can I ask which OEM and EXT you use for your Kaiser build? Can you get the phone control panel to appear with your 23081?

Pisca

Feb 23, 2008
Hi OndraSter
Cooked Portuguese Rom 23088 for Topaz, booting and working perfect
Thanks for your Super Work :D:D

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
You are talking about Settings in Start? I'm using 23088 with 23085 XIP and 0409 Lang and it is damn fast.

burtcom

Apr 23, 2007
Helena
OndraSter, I just went back to your Kitchen_TEST8_0409_23081_all and built a ROM for Kaiser, and sure enough the phone control panel refuses to show up.

I've gone to the dialer, selected options, nothing happens.

I've gone to the connections control panel, selected Comm Manager, then Settings > Phone, and nothing happens.

Is this an issue with 23081? If it is, could you post you Kitchen for 23088? I downloaded the stuff you have on the first post, but it appears to be missing some modules, like I noted earlier.

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Sure :).

I originally thought I had it in first post that that is 23081. I'll upload it in few mins, stay tuned. Only problem is - I broke MSXIPKernel so I'm using 23085. It's damn fast, hope you won't mind it :rolleyes:.

Phone options works for me at Kaiser 0405 with 23088 SYS/23085 XIP.

// I knew I've uploaded 23088. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4901475&postcount=2 - if it won't boot for you, try getting MSXIPKernel from Da_G's thread.

Last edited:
Sorry no offense, but did someone managed to build a bootable rom with this kitchen? I've spent hours with it, but I couldn't get any rom to boot, stucked at splash screen.
PS I have a diamond gsm, and thank you OndraSter for your efforts.

I myself made lots of working ROMs with this kitchen ! - this is a must for the author, I'm not an expert - the "only" problem is I made them to my taste and sometimes they did not work as I expected, but it's not problem of the kitchen but the cooker, only a learner who will some day become a chef... or not. :D

selyb

Mar 10, 2008
Shreveport
OndraSter, I just went back to your Kitchen_TEST8_0409_23081_all and built a ROM for Kaiser, and sure enough the phone control panel refuses to show up.

I've gone to the dialer, selected options, nothing happens.

IIRC, you need to delete the 'redirect' value under ControlPanel\Phone key in the registry. I can't remember if it was HKLM or HKCU but it was posted in the 'Latest Releases' thread several times.

burtcom

Apr 23, 2007
Helena
Edit registry: HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone\ and delete the Redirect key.

Saw that in the main thread, did not work for me -- I loaded my regeditor and there was no redirect key there.

I also found in the RGU where it is set, common/Phone, and it had "Redirect"=-, which seems to delete the key anyway...

in 2a6583ff-6047-46cc-b9be-b7deca1152c3.rgu
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone]
"Redirect"=-

So, there was no Redirect key, and I still couldn't get to the control panel :(

I got 23088 to build with the 23085 XIP -- later when the kids are in bed I'll flash and see if it works...

Last edited:

burtcom

Apr 23, 2007
Helena
Woo hoo :) 23088 built with the 23085 XIP works -- and I have the phone control panel back!

thanks OndraSter and all :)

Now for some cleanup and I'll have a naked Kaiser ROM suitable for SPB MS 3...

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
X1 will be sure, ELF probably too, I have since this afternoon 4 free days, I'll add few more devices hopefully :).

burtcom

Apr 23, 2007
Helena
Beer money SENT!

OndraSter, beer money sent :)

Only thing I'm noticing is that sometimes during a build one (seemingly random) step will fail, the error indicates that it can't access a file because its already in use. I'll stop the kitchen, start it again, rebuild and usually it completes.

Perhaps a process is still running from an earlier build attempt that is keeping the file open -- can your code check for running processes, then kill them during the clean-up stage?

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
I know about that issue, happens to me many times. i think i got the problem - Windows is caching info for fast searching etc and needs to lock the file, but kitche runs on it, eg tries deleting and since it is locked, it throws an exception. I'lL add some waiting time between all steps and hope it will fix it.

and thanks for beer :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK,
    here goes for the mean time (1 week?) final versions of UI...

Current changes are only visual and one more:
    - Now it should be able to cook more languages at once - you select them in Project settings, and then kitchen cooks for all languages selected one by one.

Thanks for all this goes to airxtreme here on xda, he made all the graphics and the multilanguages cooking.

I haven't tested cooking myself, but airxtreme tested it (I suppose with his new, updated imgfsfromdump TURBO tool and reported working and booting device (G900) fine.

I haven't touched source codes yet, just clicked on "Build" and uploaded, Herald and the other one coming next time :D
    Hi,

I just tryed this and it just crashes, i have it in a folder with the folders:

Configuration
    Fash
    Projects

etc, but when i run the exe, it just instantly crashes out.

im using windows 7

Any ideas?

Thanks for help

MG