TaskBar Icon Fix!

Search This thread

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Well i found a fix for our problems with network icons! Hope Everyone enjoys it!.

Code:
Taskbar icons for our phones can have interesting effects. A few work, but most ether 1/2 work or fail miserably.

Currently i have only found 1 set of icons that work 100%
[url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=624874] Dusk Taskbar [/url].

Currently i am using this taskbar 

[url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=626188] Dark Ninja's Android Taskbar[/url]
This one is working like 3/4% with only the only the signal bars not working(tho it doesn't look bad)

Has anyone determined why some work and others dont? I have very little experience with taskbar icons tho i plan to jump in soon...

Last edited:

darkone1096

Mar 14, 2010
fix for icons

finally a fix for the signal bars that would not change from stock white, one thing though, the signal strength will never show more than two bars, yet can open up the manager where you can turn bt, wifi etc on or off, and the signal strength is stronger than what the taskbar icon shows. example icon shows 1 or 2 bars where it should be showing 4 or 5 bars. do i need to change a registry value or what? any help much appreciated. thanks a lot.

darkone1096

Mar 14, 2010
3g sig

actually its just when the phone is showing 3g that the signal bars act wierd. it will show 2 bars when the signal should be 4 bars. when the strength actually is 5 bars it will show 4bars, never just 3bars. during a call the signal strength showing will be correct. any help?

woodhole

Aug 12, 2008
Strange, mine seems about the same as the LG bars (IQ) but I’m almost always showing as being on “H” (HSPA+) and not “3G” (HSPA) so I’m not sure. With the taskbar I’m using, I did have to change one reg. setting for the battery as it was off by 1% (big deal) but that was it.

I'll play around with mine and see if I can replicate the problem.

darkone1096

Mar 14, 2010
signal

maybe im using the wrong fix, i have tried several taskbars, always no change to the stock white signal icon. then i used the fix above and the icons were all there, just the signal bars did not show the actual sig strength that say the comm manager showed. it was one and two bars like it should then the signal at 3 actual would still show only 2 and only 2 for an actual signal of 4 then when the signal hits 5 the bars will jump and show 4? while im on a call the signal strength is accurate. i do not know. it was hard to get the signal icon to change from stock and now the signal strength is not right. my phone is att pure wm6.5 stock rom etc.

woodhole

Aug 12, 2008
Ahhhh…. This fix is specific to the LG Expo and IQ (I Think), that be part of your problem. :)

woodhole

Aug 12, 2008
no it should work on all phones. All this fix does is take away a reg key that tells the system to use an alternate dll. His pure should be in same as our expo.

When i ahve time ill make up another cab 4 u to try.

I stand corrected :)

I have compared my signal strength bar to the one that shows on S2U2 and they both show the same signal strength (even on 3G).. so mine seems to confirm it's working correctly.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
I stand corrected :)

I have compared my signal strength bar to the one that shows on S2U2 and they both show the same signal strength (even on 3G).. so mine seems to confirm it's working correctly.

well this fix has nothing to do with the how many signal bars actually get shown, only which dll is being used to show them.

when i have time(i know same old story xD) ill go have a look at the stock dll and compare to the ones we are using. it is possible that the entries are different which would cause it to show the wrong ones. but i dont think so.

darkone1096

Mar 14, 2010
signal bars

fellows i cannot tell you how much i appreciate the effort, i figured the fix would be ok to use on my pure, just dont know why the correct bars will not show on taskbar icon. as i said when on a call the correct number of bars show on icon and comm manager, again thanks for any help. i will be glad to try whatever you can figure out.