[TUTORIAL] How to create and install android bootanimations from scratch

Search This thread

iknight8

Sep 30, 2010
If i have the file name as "flag 001" "flag 002" "flag 003" all the way to "flag 201" will it still work? Or do I have to rename it like "image 000" "image 001"?

iknight8

Sep 30, 2010
No, well not in my experience. You'ld have to rename them. A program I found very usefull was Advanced renamer, you should check it out, it saves a lot of time once you know how to use it!

Thanks for the share. What is the naming convention? image00x.png or image00x.png?
If i send u the AVI would you be able to convert it into a bootanimation.zip folder for the Droid X?
I created the zip file but when droid x loads, it displays the default "androind" boot animation...
Link: http://www.filedropper.com/bootamination

Last edited:

stepie22

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks for the share. What is the naming convention? image00x.png or image00x.png?
If i send u the AVI would you be able to convert it into a bootanimation.zip folder for the Droid X?
If you want to convert a avi into a bootanimation, I would suggest this, I haven't tried it out personally, but it seems like it could really work.

I created the zip file but when droid x loads, it displays the default "androind" boot animation...
Link: http://www.filedropper.com/bootamination

"This archive either in unknown format or damaged."
Sorry, can't open it on winrar or window's default zip file thingy, so it's most likely currupted - that might also be your problem

ps. What was the permissions on the original one? That could maybe cause this :confused:

onebluemidnight

Sep 26, 2012
Reply To Thread

can anyone help me on this... how does my bootamation keep on blinking every second?

below is my code found in desc.txt

Code:
240 320 30
p 1 0 port0

stepie22

Oct 2, 2012

can anyone help me on this... how does my bootamation keep on blinking every second?

below is my code found in desc.txt

Code:
240 320 30
p 1 0 port0

The blinking could be the frame rate (30) is too high, or it could be completely something else..I doubt it's the "port0" part, but try changing that, or if it still providing the zip file.

stepie22

Oct 2, 2012

Thanks for your advice. I changed the frame rate to 15 and it doesn't help.

BTW here is the zip

Pinoy-Android Bootanimation

I finally know what is wrong, your naming! See the animated gif bellow.(see the png that it reads-bottom) Just use Advanced Renamer from a few posts up to fix it.
wrongnumbering.gif

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make and install android bootanimations

OK I followed the tutorial and after attempting to flash I won't flash...here are a few screens
Of the folders ... Can anyone help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363378258163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363378258163.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 409
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363378288055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363378288055.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 419

stepie22

Oct 2, 2012
OK I followed the tutorial and after attempting to flash I won't flash...here are a few screens
Of the folders ... Can anyone help?

Well, just looking at the folders gives no indication of why it won't work. By just what do you mean flash?? If your having trouble making it your bootanimation you should look at ROM Toolbox (Free + Paid version can change the boot animation)

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga

Well I realize you can't flash didn't know before yesterday, Im running jb sorcery and it had tools built into it to change boot animations so I'm going to unpack and use it has a guide to start my first one.

oscar_pan

Jan 3, 2013
Angeles

It's clear. I will try this.

Sent from my ME865 using xda app-developers app

PKRobert

Mar 19, 2013
QMG File

My Samsung Galaxy Y Totoro uses .qmg files instead of .zip files

How do I create these files?

G

GuestK00196

Loop Problem

Hi,

at first thanks for a great Tutorial. I created now a boot animation from "Bach to the Future 2" Sequence and it worked well, I like that the animation in part0 will be played one time and the animation in part1 will be played endless until the login screen shows up. But what happens is that the the first animation played one tim then the second animaton, then the first again, then the second again, after that, the screen goes black until the locksreen appears. What did i wrong? Heres my desc.txt:

Code:
1280 800 30
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
(here is an empty line)
Oh, the animation is for an Asus Prime 201

if wished i can post my bootanmation.zip (its about 40 megs

Thanks for advice

stepie22

Oct 2, 2012
Hi,

at first thanks for a great Tutorial. I created now a boot animation from "Bach to the Future 2" Sequence and it worked well, I like that the animation in part0 will be played one time and the animation in part1 will be played endless until the login screen shows up. But what happens is that the the first animation played one tim then the second animaton, then the first again, then the second again, after that, the screen goes black until the locksreen appears. What did i wrong? Heres my desc.txt:

Code:
1280 800 30
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
(here is an empty line)
Oh, the animation is for an Asus Prime 201

if wished i can post my bootanmation.zip (its about 40 megs

Thanks for advice

You should try and save it as jpg's, you'll notice that the size will shrink considerably.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to create and install android bootanimations from scratch

This is a guide which tells you how to make a your very own bootanimation and install a bootanimation on your device.
    Please let me know if you made a bootanimation using this method so that every bootanimation made using this method can be posted here

Code:
    #This guide assumes that you are windows user and have - 
      1- 7 zip or winrar installed
      2- a image editing software (for ex-photoshop)  #

Bootanimation- what is it ?

Bootanimation basically is a collection of .png pictures that are projected on the screen one after the other quickly so that it looks like a animation , stored in a zip file

Prerequisites

1-you need a bootanimation.zip file [you can find them on google]

now if you have downloaded the bootanimation.zip file ,open it up

2- as you can see in the picture you find some folders in it named
    Code:
    "part0"    "part1"    "part2"
    and a desc.txt file .

d17e80fd.png

EXPLANATIONS
    folders like part0;part1,etc. STORE .png pictures of bootnaimation
    the desc.txt file contains all the necessary info to run bootanimation like resolution fps ,etc

EXPLANATION OF desc.txt

2cfbc55c.png

Code:
    As you can see in the image
       #1-it is the resolution of the bootanimation(you should basically use your device's resolution for ex - in the pic it is 320X480)
       #2-it is the fps(frames per second) of your bootanimation [higher the no. faster will your bootanimation play [B]a standard fps should be 30[/B]]
       #3-these are the folders which contain images for your bootanimation
       #4-it is a pointer to tell it to look at new commands
       #5-specifies the no. of times this section of bootanimation will play ( 0 means infinite)
       #6-defines pause in seconds before repeating or moving on next line (o means no pause 10 means 10 sec pause)

Fire it up el captain !!

we'll start making a bootanimation from scratch from here

#1-create a folder anywhere put in desktop for ease,let's call it
    Code:
    bootanimation

#2-open the folder and create another folder name it
    Code:
    part0

#3- With part0 created, it's time for you to start creating an image. To make it simple for beginning we'll make a simple one .So, using Photoshop as an example, create a new image which is the resolution of your handset. [like if ur on htc explorer use 320X480 or galaxy mini use 340X320] (if u don't know your device's resolution google it

#4-Give a black background to the image and take a image you wan't to fade in . paste it as a new layer and set the layer to 0% opacity
    so now you can only see a black background.

#5-now save the image in your
    Code:
    part0 folder
    and name it
    Code:
    image00.png

#6-now increase the opacity of your bootanimation by a narrow degree say 6%.now save it as
    Code:
    image002.png
    in the part0 folder

#7-repeat step 5 every time until you reach 100%.and each time save it as image003-image004 etc. in part0 folder

#8-open notepad and type this --
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]
    1080 240 24
    p 1 60 part0
    c 1 0 part1
    c 0 0 part2

c means that the entire part of the animation (eg part2) will be played even if bootup completes.[/COLOR][/B]

Code:
    [B]change[/B] the 1080 240 with the resolution you are using

Thanks to @cisza for this info.. [images will be updated soon ]

#9- save it as :
    Code:
    desc.txt
    in the root of your bootanimation folder (not in part0)

#10- compress it using your archive manager say 7zip ;winrar,etc.
    imp: SET COMPRESSION METHOD TO STORE
    or else bootanimation WON'T work

p1_zpsugp31kmt.png

p2_zpsdp0malu2.png

congrats u just made a boot animation... and remember to share with us your bootanimation ;)

You can also use boot animation factory by RD despotovski01 It may help you with debugging and previewing and also creating bootanimations ;)

Installing bootanimations

To install your bootanimation just use root explorer to put it in system/media folder
    if using htc stock rom put it in system/customize/resources folder (make sure to rename it the bootanimation.zip to htc_bootup.zip )
    thanks

thanks alot for this....

1-made a 480x800 video,
    2-used video to photo converter (# of frames selected)
    3-used irfanview to rename them to image###
    4-created the folder.(part0)
    5-desc.txt
    6- used root explorer to paste that zip to resources folder in system...

worked like a charm....:)
    Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try it soon.
    What did I do wrong??

It just shows a black screen and sometimes doesn't even finish booting, so I have to delete it from recovery.

EDIT: Nevermind it workes now??????

m not gettin compression method "store" in 7 zip... :confused: