[Q] Toshiba AC100 and Android Market

Search This thread

Vlad2k12

May 10, 2011
Success report :)

flashed my german AC100-10k (8GB, no 3G) with the "v4a 117"-ROM yesterday. All (Google Mail, Marketplace, Google Maps etc., Contact) works like a charm, only the Google Calendar is missing here.

A big "Thank You" to Mr. silver-alx, now this little netbook is finally useable.

Thank again,
V.

dirttrasher

Jul 30, 2010
I want to flash my AC100-10V (8GB with internal 3G).

If i use "v4a 117" for the 8GB model, will my internal 3G work?

thx :)

M4XonXD4

Apr 22, 2011
Rome
From silver-alx words :D
you have to use terminal....;)
1-create a folder where you can mount device, tipically "/storage/ntfs"
2-then you must digit on terminal:
"su root"
then click enter and digit:
"mount -t ntfs -o ro,umask=0,fmask=0,dmask=0 /dev/block/sda1 /storage/<mounting point>" where mounting point is "ntfs"

Thank you very much for the post!

I've followed your instruction, but the only thing that i can see is this...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/sc201105121155480.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/sc201105121157510.jpg/

This is the contents of the drive in windows:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/discog.jpg/

simino

Mar 28, 2009
Bari
Thank you very much for the post!

I've followed your instruction, but the only thing that i can see is this...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/sc201105121155480.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/sc201105121157510.jpg/

This is the contents of the drive in windows:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/discog.jpg/
I'll see images in this evening because my work office proxy avoid me visiting imageshack....sorry :mad:

EDIT:
I've seen images...
Have you verified which partitions are mounted when you use external hd?
For example, I've 5 partitions (sda, sda1, sda2 etc...) but the right partition to mount is sda1.
Try to mount others partitions... ;)

Last edited:

dirttrasher

Jul 30, 2010
Hi,

flashing was successful, works nice :)

(Model AC100-10V with 3G and 8GB, i flashed Verson "v4a 117")

NTFS is not working at the moment, in Terminal Emulator the ntfs folder is not found when launching the instuction.

Last edited:

herny66

Feb 25, 2010
Italy
Hi,which command with nvflash,to flash partion 8 only...or I want use nvflash for windows,but which command...
Because with all scripts return me error type ERROR ! Incorrect Path... (on win 7 sp1)

backup done this way C:\ but how to rewrite partition 8 only
pleasecan help me,tnx

***PROBLEM SOLVED***
changed the operating system (xpsp3)

Last edited:

simino

Mar 28, 2009
Bari
Hi,

flashing was successful, works nice :)

NTFS is not working at the moment, in Terminal Emulator the ntfs folder is not found when launching the instuction.

Have you created a "ntfs" folder where you'll mount device?
Have you verified which partitions are mounted? (see above, in my previous answer)
the steps are these:
1) open terminal;
2) type "su root" ---> ENTER;
3) type "mkdir /storage/ntfs" ---> ENTER;
4) type "mount -t ntfs -o ro,umask=0,fmask=0,dmask=0 /dev/block/sda1 /storage/<mounting point>" where mounting point is "ntfs" ---> ENTER;
5) verify that in the folder "/storage/ntfs" there are device's files;

That's all.... :)
Tell me if you have problems... ;)

simino

Mar 28, 2009
Bari
ciao simino,come mai mi ritorna l'errore Incorrect path quando vado a flashare il \system
I'have no ideas for your problem, I think that you have to wait a silver-alx related answer.

TRAD:Sinceramente su questioni legate al flash penso ti convenga aspettare una risposta di silver-alx...io non ne so un granchè.

P.S. Mi sa che conviene scrivere in inglese per una maggiore comprensibilità da parte di tutti....anche se con un inglese un po' maccheronico :D

Reactions: M4XonXD4

M4XonXD4

Apr 22, 2011
Rome
I'll see images in this evening because my work office proxy avoid me visiting imageshack....sorry :mad:

EDIT:
I've seen images...
Have you verified which partitions are mounted when you use external hd?
For example, I've 5 partitions (sda, sda1, sda2 etc...) but the right partition to mount is sda1.
Try to mount others partitions... ;)
Oh, what a fool! :eek: You're right!!! Sda2 is the right partition for me, but strangely, i can't see the content of some system folders, btw it works! Thank you!!!

silver-alx

May 8, 2010
Moscow
Rotation

Hi All!

I've just made rotation lock patch for toshy (never switch to portrait) :) It'll be incorporated in the firmware soon.

Attachments

• sc201105140231130.jpg
    sc201105140231130.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 341
Reactions: Sharki.69

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
AC100 Webcam

Hi All!

I've just made rotation lock patch for toshy (never switch to portrait) :) It'll be incorporated in the firmware soon.

yes, fine - but if you once selected a contact - the software switches to the landscape mode (correct view) - showing all you contacts.
More important - what is with the internal webcam? Seems that Skype does not support the internal webcam of the AC100 because video calls (video chat) is not possible?

Thanx -Kai

silver-alx

May 8, 2010
Moscow
yes, fine - but if you once selected a contact - the software switches to the landscape mode (correct view) - showing all you contacts.
More important - what is with the internal webcam? Seems that Skype does not support the internal webcam of the AC100 because video calls (video chat) is not possible?

Thanx -Kai

I'm not a skype developer, screenshot only shows landscape persistence on the toshiba

Reactions: goxon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So it appears that sometimes market init it works, sometimes not ... Strange

I played and did many factory resets to find the right way and now it works :D (triple checked!)
    I have a ac100-114 (French, no 3g), with android 2.2 and rooted with z4root.
    (For anyone playing with adb : before doing anything, make backups with the tegra tools, and be careful with this powerful tool!)

I also used a package from cyanogenmod : the gApps from tegra. (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Gapps#Google_Apps)

I looked into gAppsInstaller (here:
    http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list and here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=867303) to find what are the mandatory apps to install from the gApps cm package:

Into /system/app/
    GenieWidget
    GoogleBackupTransport
    GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter
    GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
    GoogleFeedback
    GoogleServicesFramework
    MarketUpdater
    MediaUploader
    NetworkLocation
    Talk
    Vending
    Youtube *

Into /system/framework/
    com.google.android.maps.jar

Into /system/lib/
    libspeech.so
    libvoicesearch.so

Into /system/etc/permissions/
    features.xml
    com.google.android.maps.xml

* I had to replace Youtube.apk (in attachment) : I don't know why, but the one from cm is not working and prevent, even without launching it, the login into the market. I retrieved it from my hd2 running android ;-)
    Installing maps in /system/app prevents Market initialization.

Then I did a factory reset, followed by the Toshiba first init and wifi configuration.

Now start the Market : nothing else or you might have to factory reset to start over!
    Enter a random username (very important!), a random password and click next.
    The market should start checking and then tell you the login is wrong : good, it connected !
    Now click back, then enter your google account and click next : the Market should accept it and show the license page.
    Accept it, the market should appear a few seconds before foreclosing. Launch it again, it will forceclose again.

The third launch should be the right one ! :)

You will get forcecloses right after each app installation, but nothing to worry about : the app stays and appears in the download section of the market :D
    Gmail can be installed from the market. ;)
    Your contacts should be synchronized, Talk and Youtube should work.

Problems:
    For maps you will have to get the apk somewhere else.
    The calendar is missing. :(
    Hi, All!

Some answers :)

1. Differences between all models are size of memory and radio interfaces. I've made two versions because of different memory sizes (custom kernels doesn't work without it). If you have 8gigs - use 117 version, 32gigs - 116.
    2. ROM already have bluetooth gps provider.
    3. bl=bootlog for linux lovers :)
    Thanks for pointing out where is the FC cause !
    I did some more tests, and it seems that if the packages.xml gets modified, followed by sync (just in case, I don't know anything about caching on the ac100), and then a kill -9 -1 is executed, the added permission stays, even if the packages.xml gets scrambled after reboot :)
    For me it works : no more FCs :)

I found another thing : in order to see apps in the market that asks for the gps (maps, catch notes ...), just had this line to /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.xml, in the <permissions> tag :

<feature name="android.hardware.location.gps" />

(Make a backup of the file first ;))

So the bottom part of the file should look like :

<permissions>
    <feature name="android.hardware.location" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.location.network" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.location.gps" />
    </permissions>

But in order to get it working, you will need to login to the market for the first time, so a factory reset is required :(
    Firmware from the Russian community users of the AC100 Toshiba (android 2.2) All Google applications work fine(Market+Gmail+Tack)!

Different from the standard:
    1. Root
    2. Busybox 1.19
    3. Google Apps, including the latest market (by 116(Toshiba AC 100-116- russian 3G+Wi-Fi+32Gb model) runs without any problems), SetupWizard works too
    4. Jorte - perfect replacement calendar from Google, beautiful, seeing all the calendars
    5. Ad Blocking
    6. Titanium Backup
    7. Terminal Emulator
    8. New splash screen
    9. Spare Parts
    10. Easy selection of widgets

Installation in Windows:
    1. Download the firmware
    2. Unpack
    3. Translating the device in boot mode (turn off, esc + control + power)
    4. Install the driver from the archive
    5. Run bat file from the archive (ac100flash.cmd)
    6. We are waiting for the end of the loading and turning off the device while holding the button 10 seconds
    7. Turn device, answer all the questions for 116 checking in via 3G.
    8. Enjoy.
    Torrent: ****://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3498125
    Firmware+drivers ****://narod.ru/disk/8503508001/ac100_flash.rar.html
    Firmware(update) ****://narod.ru/disk/8819504001/ac100flash_v2.rar.html

Спасибо форуму ****://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=226289&st=40#entry7000473
    Skype on Toshiba AC100

hello,
    It is possible to use webcam with the last version of skype ?

ONLY with Android 3.
    You need almost Android 2.3

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Hi, I'm going to buy AC100 NO3G... can you tell me if it supports any 3G USB dongle? If yes, can you say which internet keys?
    Thank you very much

3G modem only with alternative ROM like "aComb100 v0.4 Honeycomb 3.0.1"
    But never tried.
    In features you can read:
    "- 3G modems (usb or internal) start automatically;"