EVO LTE or GSIII?

Search This thread

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Reactions: drewmonge

Kyjibo

Aug 31, 2010
At this point the EVO 4G LTE is the better choice. I had been waiting for the Galaxy Nexus to come out on Sprint for months, but with its original release on Verizon all the way back in December the hardware is already a little dated. That coupled with the superior build quality of HTC phones pretty much locks it in. The display on the new EVO is supposed to be incredible.

The only thing that might convince me not to get the new EVO would be if htcdev wasn't available to unlock boot-loaders on HTC devices.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Reminds me of an iPhone. I'm not thrilled. Make the home button a weird shape and round the corners... eh.

I'll take the aluminum unibody of the EVO over this, strange design or not. I trust HTC to make a great phone, and I don't trust Samsung (for phones anyway).

I don't like anything they make.... I would maybe get a washer n dryer but their TVs are junk picture looks.aweful imo

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I don't like anything they make.... I would maybe get a washer n dryer but their TVs are junk picture looks.aweful imo

Well I bought my LCD from them about 3 years ago, and it was by far the best picture for the money that one could buy. Superior contrast ratio, superior looks, superior price, etc. Have they gone downhill that badly in the last few years? I still love my TV! No problems, and it still looks great!

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Well I bought my LCD from them about 3 years ago, and it was by far the best picture for the money that one could buy. Superior contrast ratio, superior looks, superior price, etc. Have they gone downhill that badly in the last few years? I still love my TV! No problems, and it still looks great!

For the price they r ok but the best regular TVs non 3d are sharp n Sony I think and if iv remember right for 3d Panasonic had the best 3d tv

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
For the price they r ok but the best regular TVs non 3d are sharp n Sony I think and if iv remember right for 3d Panasonic had the best 3d tv

Well, again, at the time I made my purchase, it was not an okay TV for the price. It was the absolute best you could buy at a given pricepoint. That's not to say there weren't TVs that were better, but they had a much higher pricetag. Like with cars, I would say Samsung had "best in class" all over the place. I'm the type who researches everything I buy, a LOT, before making decisions. Sony and Sharp had nothing to compete at the time.

That said, I'm not denying the possibility that Samsung dropped off the map since then. It would surprise me though, in a short span of time.

Also, somewhat related, I owned a Samsung NC10 netbook for two years, and it was terrific! :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

SONIC589

Jun 2, 2010
Well since we now know what the GSIII looks like and what the specs are, is it going to change anyone's decision?

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Galaxy S III no questions asked. Smart features, wireless charging capable...what more do you want? 2100mAH battery too.

jxs1984

May 30, 2010
This is going to be an interesting and hard choice. Both are very good performers. A huge upgrade coming from my og Evo 4G anyway... lol. The deciding factor will be the battery life and the xda support. I noticed I never stick with sense roms, I tend to use aosp such as CM or MIUI. Most likely going with the Samsung.

mmhama2

Dec 20, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Samsung devices have flash counters and are notorious for being a pain the ass to root and flash roms (or so I've heard). I'm sticking with the EVO LTE

BIGJER99

Sep 12, 2010
Samsung devices have flash counters and are notorious for being a pain the ass to root and flash roms (or so I've heard). I'm sticking with the EVO LTE

Flashing/Rooting Ease is one thing I have to have to make the phone last the life of a 2 year commitment. I lean EVO 4G LTE too.

Top Liked Posts