Easily transfer what you're doing on a PC to your Android device?

Search This thread

Organized_Chaos

Aug 27, 2011
Joplin
Sony Xperia XA2
Google Pixel 4a
So I find a news article I'd like to read but I don't have time to read it. Is there an app I could install on my phone and my computer to make it easy to me to just push this site to my phone? Ideally I would click a button in my browser and it would cause the browser on my phone to automatically open and display the website I want to read.

Any ideas?

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Use a qr code generator to turn the url to a qr code and scan it with your phone?

I think chrome may also have something that accomplishes this. Something about syncing across platforms? Someone illuminate for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Wesleyy

Sep 16, 2010
Use a qr code generator to turn the url to a qr code and scan it with your phone?

I think chrome may also have something that accomplishes this. Something about syncing across platforms? Someone illuminate for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Ya I usually QR code it. But if you have Chrome beta you can see all the tabs you have opened on other devices and open the tabs on your phone/tablet

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
The best way is to use Pocket(formerly Read It Later, also the name of FF extension). It is universal, Firefox, Chrome, Any android browser(share button) etc. I prefer it to Chrome to Phone.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
The best way is to use Pocket(formerly Read It Later, also the name of FF extension). It is universal, Firefox, Chrome, Any android browser(share button) etc. I prefer it to Chrome to Phone.

This is the best, I have tried them all. I have Pocket on my phone, kindle fire, laptop, and work computer. :cool:

Organized_Chaos

Aug 27, 2011
Joplin
Sony Xperia XA2
Google Pixel 4a
Maxthon browser has Cloud Push which is exactly what I was picturing when I asked this question. I didn't really want all my tabs to be synced and I didn't want to deal with add-ons , plugins, or 3rd party apps. I'll install Maxthon on each device and just use that. I like the interface better than any other browser so I'd be switching to it even without this feature.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.