[MOD] Auto Correct and Uses System Font for Samsung Keyboard

Search This thread

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

It is strange Samsung doesn't add the option to enable auto correction or auto complete word with spacebar in Samsung Keyboard. Nevermind, thanks to Greenlant for the link to the guide and thanks to eclipxe for the guide to add this feature in Samsung Keyboard.

Tested working on version N7100 DLL7 and should work on all version of N7100 Samsung JB 4.1.2

To install this feature, just download the zip file at the link below and flash in recovery (only with custom recovery). Clear dalvik cache recommended. Please make a backup just in case something went wrong.

Update 12 Apr 2013
Modded XXDMB6 keyboard with S4 themed

picture.php

Download :

N7100 XXDMB6 without Auto Correct (S4 themed)

N7100 XXDMB6 with Auto Correct(S4 themed)

N7105 240DPI with Auto Correct, 200ms long press & system font

N7100 ZSDMA6 with Auto Correct, 200ms long press & system font

N7100 ZSDMA6 with 200ms long press & system font. No Auto Correct

Older mods:

Last edited:

lehoi79

Mar 22, 2010
VA
Re: [MOD] Auto Correction Feature Added on Samsung Keyboard

Op,

is it possible for u to modify the ATT deodexed version for us ATT users? I been waiting for this mod for so long.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Op,

is it possible for u to modify the ATT deodexed version for us ATT users? I been waiting for this mod for so long.

Thanks!

I will try but I need the SamsungIME.apk

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Androssama

lehoi79

Mar 22, 2010
VA

Here you go. Hope it works for you.

awesome, I'll try it now and let u know. thank u

---------- Post added 22nd January 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st January 2013 at 11:29 PM ----------

didnt work...
flashed in recovery, wiped cache and delvik cache, rebooted

Samsung keyboard disappeard from the input menu... I see the apk in system\app but doesn't show up in the settings...

Reactions: zige

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Nice Mod!:good:

HOW TO

target following file smali/com/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule.smali

PHP:
     :goto_1
     const/16 v7, 0xa

-    if-ne p1, v7, :cond_4
+    if-ne p1, v7, :cond_5

invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->sendEnterKeyHandle()V

goto :goto_0

:cond_3
+    iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
+
+    invoke-virtual {v7}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->length()I
+
+    move-result v7
+
+    if-lez v7, :cond_4
+
+    iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;
+
+    iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
+
+    invoke-interface {v7, v8, v9}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getCharSequence(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;I)I
+
+    invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->updateSuggestion()V
+
+    invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->setComposingText()V
+
+    :cond_4
+    invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->clearCandidateList()V
+
     iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mCandidates:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

goto :goto_1

-    :cond_4
+    :cond_5
     iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mRepository:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/repository/Repository;

const-string v8, "IN_MULTITAP"

move-result v5

-    if-eqz v5, :cond_5
+    if-eqz v5, :cond_6

invoke-virtual {p0, p1, p2}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->processMultiTapSymbolicKey(I[I)V

goto/16 :goto_0

-    :cond_5
+    :cond_6
     iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mAutoSpaceController:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/autospace/AutoSpaceController;

invoke-virtual {v7, p1}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/autospace/AutoSpaceController;->isEnableAutoSpaceAtSymbol(I)Z

move-result v7

-    if-eqz v7, :cond_6
+    if-eqz v7, :cond_7

invoke-virtual {p0, v10}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->finishComposing(Z)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v7}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->commitTextAndInitComposing(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)V

-    :cond_6
+    :cond_7
     invoke-virtual {p0, v10}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->finishComposing(Z)V

iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result v7

-    if-eqz v7, :cond_7
+    if-eqz v7, :cond_8

iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

invoke-virtual {v7}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/autospace/AutoSpaceController;->disableSetUpAutoSpace()V

-    :cond_7
+    :cond_8

invoke-virtual {p0, v7}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->commitTextAndInitComposing(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)V

Reactions: prasadnaidu66

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

awesome, I'll try it now and let u know. thank u

---------- Post added 22nd January 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st January 2013 at 11:29 PM ----------

didnt work...
flashed in recovery, wiped cache and delvik cache, rebooted

Samsung keyboard disappeard from the input menu... I see the apk in system\app but doesn't show up in the settings...

I guess I need another file from you. Can you send the framework-res.apk to me?

Androssama

Nov 13, 2012
Same problem as cb1100r here. The Samsung keyboard disappears after flashing the zip OR replacing the SamsungIME.apk in system/app with the one in the same zip and correcting the permissions

It could be due to the fact that I am running UBDLL3 (newer than XXDLL7).

I would greatly appreciate if you looked into this issue or modded the latest version (UBDLL3)

Attachments

• SamsungIME.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 29

bervin

Nov 22, 2009
media.xda-developers.com
Ever since I flashed this mod I've noticed a decrease in battery life. Upon closer inspection I have noticed that the high freqs are used much more and this is under the same usage pattern of just using WhatsApp. No gaming whatsoever. Does anyone else notice this?

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Same problem as cb1100r here. The Samsung keyboard disappears after flashing the zip OR replacing the SamsungIME.apk in system/app with the one in the same zip and correcting the permissions

It could be due to the fact that I am running UBDLL3 (newer than XXDLL7).

I would greatly appreciate if you looked into this issue or modded the latest version (UBDLL3)

I will need the framework-res.apk from your rom.

Top Liked Posts