[Q] ATT software update with rooted phone

Search This thread

Chasoscar

Jan 7, 2013
I keep getting a notification about an ATT update and I was wondering if it will affect my rooted phone. I just have a basic 'stock' odin root, not a custom Rom. The update will not let me disable notifications and will only let me delay the reminders 8 hrs........... I am getting tired of seeing the notifications and dont know what it will do if I update. Any advice is appreciated!!!
Thanks

AndroidSon

Jan 7, 2013
I keep getting a notification about an ATT update and I was wondering if it will affect my rooted phone. I just have a basic 'stock' odin root, not a custom Rom. The update will not let me disable notifications and will only let me delay the reminders 8 hrs........... I am getting tired of seeing the notifications and dont know what it will do if I update. Any advice is appreciated!!!
Thanks
Yeah it will remove the root but you can re-root it after the update or use supersu pro to conserve root (though not guaranteed).

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
Have you modified any system apps or files at all? If not i don't see why you won't, just be sure to run Voodoo OTA Keeper before installing the update and restore it after the update. As this update patches the ExynosAbuse exploit

ReggieSmith

Mar 25, 2011
Hampton, GA
Thanks

That update (from like 2/18 or something) is a baseband update (to MA4) and didnt mess with root on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: macqueyl

Chasoscar

Jan 7, 2013
I went ahead and accepted the update and it didnt effect my root, but I did get a notification on the 'pull down' screen that the update was unsuccessful.

wherestheanykey

Sep 1, 2009
That update (from like 2/18 or something) is a baseband update (to MA4) and didnt mess with root on mine.

So you are saying that you were on a rooted stock LK2 ROM, and ran the OTA update successfully without losing root? And this was without using RootKeeper OTA or SuperuserSU set to protect root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks