[GUIDE] *19/8 UPDATE!* 4.3 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel (Performance & Battery Tests)

Which Kernel is the 'Best'?

• Stock

Votes: 261 18.3%
  • Trinity by morfic

Votes: 117 8.2%
  • Motley Kernel by _motley

Votes: 229 16.1%
  • Faux Kernel by faux123

Votes: 144 10.1%
  • Franco.kernel by franciscofranco

Votes: 442 31.1%
  • Clemsyn's Elite Kernel

Votes: 28 2.0%
  • GLaDOS by Ezekeel

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 186 13.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes

Just showing you my battery backup. For people wondering about 4.2.2, this is it completely stock.

I've got very great battery usage, always had WiFi on

uploadfromtaptalk1361156613089.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361156635800.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361156654002.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

ynksbsbll2

Jan 29, 2013
Just showing you my battery backup. For people wondering about 4.2.2, this is it completely stock.

I've got very great battery usage, always had WiFi on

I just can't seem to get such great battery life. I'm almost 13 hours on battery with only 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time and my battery is down to 68%. For some reason Android OS is using 40% (the screen is using 40% as well). I'm in the same boat as you in terms of wi-fi always being on, but I'm on M-Kernel and a custom ROM rather than stock. I really should give the stock kernel a go and see how that manages.

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes

I just can't seem to get such great battery life. I'm almost 13 hours on battery with only 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time and my battery is down to 68%. For some reason Android OS is using 40% (the screen is using 40% as well). I'm in the same boat as you in terms of wi-fi always being on, but I'm on M-Kernel and a custom ROM rather than stock. I really should give the stock kernel a go and see how that manages.

Other things can have a negative impact on battery life, I do have tons of apps, but I always manage which ones are running. Also clean installing a ROM is always safer and will probably give you some better battery life due to everything being clean. Many apps do have instances of running in background so it is helpful to check every now and than.

Also disabling GPS will give you some extra time per charge. I always disable it. And I keep WiFi location enabled.

ynksbsbll2

Jan 29, 2013
Other things can have a negative impact on battery life, I do have tons of apps, but I always manage which ones are running. Also clean installing a ROM is always safer and will probably give you some better battery life due to everything being clean. Many apps do have instances of running in background so it is helpful to check every now and than.

Also disabling GPS will give you some extra time per charge. I always disable it. And I keep WiFi location enabled.

Yea, I already do most of those things. I think my current ROM/kernel setup is just particularly bad as I drained 23% overnight whereas I normally only drain maybe 4 or 5%.

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace

Yea, I already do most of those things. I think my current ROM/kernel setup is just particularly bad as I drained 23% overnight whereas I normally only drain maybe 4 or 5%.

Sounds like a bad setup. I can get about 1-2% battery drain overnight (on average)

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace

Definitely. Thanks to your pictures I might even just go back to complete stock android and see how that fares for battery life.

Didn't really state it before, but yes I am rooted.

ynksbsbll2

Jan 29, 2013
Well, after a little trial and error I've finally got this thing pinned down. I'm already at about 8 hours of screen on time (device on about 17 hours) and still have 24%. At this rate I should be able to get 10 hours of screen time no problem. Unfortunately I had to reboot at one point and it stopped logging screen on time so I can't really back it up with pictures

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace

Well, after a little trial and error I've finally got this thing pinned down. I'm already at about 8 hours of screen on time (device on about 17 hours) and still have 24%. At this rate I should be able to get 10 hours of screen time no problem. Unfortunately I had to reboot at one point and it stopped logging screen on time so I can't really back it up with pictures

Don't worry bro, I believe you. Depending on many variables, it is a realistic amount of screen on time :)

ynksbsbll2

Jan 29, 2013
Final tally:

19 hours 45 minutes on, 10 hours 40 minutes screen time.
This is with stock kernel, ondemand governor (min freq at 100MHz, max at 1000MHz). I don't do much gaming or CPU intensive activities so 1000MHz is more than enough for me.

bcvictory

Oct 6, 2011
Bendigo

Final tally:

19 hours 45 minutes on, 10 hours 40 minutes screen time.
This is with stock kernel, ondemand governor (min freq at 100MHz, max at 1000MHz). I don't do much gaming or CPU intensive activities so 1000MHz is more than enough for me.

Wow. That's huge battery life. What rom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Deivi_Z

Dec 6, 2011
Klaipeda

Yeah we need to update this thread. I might do my own tests. But basicly I'm gonna test for max battery life. Will go for 1000mhz and max stream time with max video only time.

bcvictory

Oct 6, 2011
Bendigo

Yeah we need to update this thread. I might do my own tests. But basicly I'm gonna test for max battery life. Will go for 1000mhz and max stream time with max video only time.

Need is a big word. But I was thinking about it today. I'm getting horrible battery life. 4 hours screen on time a cycle. Trying to work out how it could be that bad

bcvictory

Oct 6, 2011
Bendigo

Quick informal update:
Franco r47
Default settings.
WiFi on, brightness max, playing 720p video on loop. Software decoded
1.3GHz: 5 hours 50 minutes.
Compared to previous result (7 hours 10 minutes)
That's an hour and 20 minutes of battery gone.
Might just be my setup.
I did a clean install of PA 2 days ago.

Deivi_Z

Dec 6, 2011
Klaipeda

Need is a big word. But I was thinking about it today. I'm getting horrible battery life. 4 hours screen on time a cycle. Trying to work out how it could be that bad

I get 7 - 7.5 hrs but I want to push it to 9 - 9.5 hrs

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts