Urgent! Sim Card not valid after flash!

Search This thread

FiremakerP

Nov 10, 2010
I was trying to flash the new 4.3 Rom and somehow I have managed to make the sim card unfunctional. even after going back to 4.2.2 the phone always says that the sim card is invalid. I have a TA Partition backup.

I really need the phone. Thats what you get when you are playing around.

Why is the sim functionality gone? Anyone experienced the same?

Ok its because I lost the IMEI number. Nice one some people on the board had the trouble too after upgrading.

Last edited:

Nepturion

Mar 20, 2011
Had the same problem rerolling to older versions.. but i think its the regional code from the file.
Flash a version near/from your region and the sim card will work properly again.

FiremakerP

Nov 10, 2010
Had the same problem rerolling to older versions.. but i think its the regional code from the file.
Flash a version near/from your region and the sim card will work properly again.

yes I rolled back to 4.2.2 but failed restoring the IMEI do I have to flash the whole ftf file again?

hololodilolo

May 20, 2011
I was trying to flash the new 4.3 Rom and somehow I have managed to make the sim card unfunctional. even after going back to 4.2.2 the phone always says that the sim card is invalid. I have a TA Partition backup.

I really need the phone. Thats what you get when you are playing around.

Why is the sim functionality gone? Anyone experienced the same?

Ok its because I lost the IMEI number. Nice one some people on the board had the trouble too after upgrading.

It also happened to mine while I'm trying to root on 4.3. I downgraded to 534 after unsuccessful of rooting on 4.3. Then I lost IMEI and showed sim card is invalid. Fortunately I made my original 270 ftf for back up. I flashed 270 again and I got back IMEI and working sim card. I also found in other thread that if you want to downgrade 4.2.2 from 4.3 you need to flash exclude baseband. If not you will get that IMEI and sim card error. Try to update 4.3 and downgrade 4.2.2 exclude baseband if you don't have original back up like me. Good luck !!! :good:

FiremakerP

Nov 10, 2010
It also happened to mine while I'm trying to root on 4.3. I downgraded to 534 after unsuccessful of rooting on 4.3. Then I lost IMEI and showed sim card is invalid. Fortunately I made my original 270 ftf for back up. I flashed 270 again and I got back IMEI and working sim card. I also found in other thread that if you want to downgrade 4.2.2 from 4.3 you need to flash exclude baseband. If not you will get that IMEI and sim card error. Try to update 4.3 and downgrade 4.2.2 exclude baseband if you don't have original back up like me. Good luck !!! :good:

You a need a functional TA backup to do it.

Downgrade to the version where you did the TA backup through FTF then you can see your IMEI again.

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
Ok I'm running 4.2.2 I want to know is there a way to back up my phone my bootloader is locked.
I have root but I didn't install custom recovery. I want to try 4.3 but I want to make sure I can come back to 4.2.2 without loosing imei.thanks

hololodilolo

May 20, 2011

Downgrade to the version where you did the TA backup through FTF then you can see your IMEI again.

Thank you for your advice but in my case I didn't need to backup and restore TA to get back IMEI and working sim card. I'm just flash my stock 4.2.2 ftf that I backup before and everything is working fine now (both IMEI and sim). :D

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Ok I'm running 4.2.2 I want to know is there a way to back up my phone my bootloader is locked.
I have root but I didn't install custom recovery. I want to try 4.3 but I want to make sure I can come back to 4.2.2 without loosing imei.thanks

As per reply from 4.3 rooting thread, you can downgrad 4.2.2 from 4.3 without losing imei but you need to exclude baseband when you flash 4.2.2. :highfive:

Reactions: adamo86

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
Thank you for your advice but in my case I didn't need to backup and restore TA to get back IMEI and working sim card. I'm just flash my stock 4.2.2 ftf that I backup before and everything is working fine now (both IMEI and sim). :D

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

As per reply from 4.3 rooting thread, you can downgrad 4.2.2 from 4.3 without losing imei but you need to exclude baseband when you flash 4.2.2. :highfive:

Do I need to exclude kernel aswell when downgrading from 4.3.also do I select everything in flashtool in the section where it displays system,TA, kernel etc.lastly do I need to tick final verification? Thanks

hololodilolo

May 20, 2011
Do I need to exclude kernel aswell when downgrading from 4.3.also do I select everything in flashtool in the section where it displays system,TA, kernel etc.lastly do I need to tick final verification? Thanks

It should be ok with just exclude baseband. If not wipe all data on phone. :D

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
It should be ok with just exclude baseband. If not wipe all data on phone. :D

I tried to downgrade to 257 I used flashtool it flashed but remained on 4.3.now I can't use flashtool everytime I select a ftf it says can't open. Is it because it's a custom rom.please help.I tried different ftf even a 4.3 stock ftf.

hololodilolo

May 20, 2011
I tried to downgrade to 257 I used flashtool it flashed but remained on 4.3.now I can't use flashtool everytime I select a ftf it says can't open. Is it because it's a custom rom.please help.I tried different ftf even a 4.3 stock ftf.

Try to restart your computer. If not OK, uninstall and reinstall flashtool. Try to redownload ftf as well. Good luck buddy. :)

Reactions: adamo86

DylanNeil

Jan 14, 2014
I've also encountered the same problem after having downgraded from 4.3 to 4.22 with the intention of installing a custom rom.

I got so far as flashing a generic uk 4.22 ftf, rooting, backing up ta partition and trying to install dual recovery for LB but after a few attempts only TWRP would install and not CWM which is what I needed to install the rom and so decided to go back to stock and try again some other time.

Only now I have this Invalid Sim message and can't find a way to get my phone working as a phone again, this thread has mentioned a number of fixes but as I had to flash an old ftf first in order to root and continue, my backup ta was done after this problem surfaced and I do not have a copy of my original ftf so it would seem that what you guys tried won't work for me, anybody have any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Only now I have this Invalid Sim message and can't find a way to get my phone working as a phone again, this thread has mentioned a number of fixes but as I had to flash an old ftf first in order to root and continue, my backup ta was done after this problem surfaced and I do not have a copy of my original ftf so it would seem that what you guys tried won't work for me, anybody have any ideas?

If you don't have your original FTF doesn't matter, download from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191 the unbranded generic FTF and flash it to stock. Your phone will working back fine.

Reactions: DylanNeil

DylanNeil

Jan 14, 2014
If you don't have your original FTF doesn't matter, download from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191 the unbranded generic FTF and flash it to stock. Your phone will working back fine.

That did the trick, ta very much. Still having the same problem when I try to downgrade again though, I am going from .290 to .257 (I read somewhere that you have to go via .257 to reach the rooting promised land of .534) but still get the Invalid Card notice. I have done full factory resets, enabled USB Debug, ticked unkown sources, excluded baseband and not but no joy.

Seems a bit odd to me but there must be something I am missing... any ideas? All my firmware is generic UK btw.

DylanNeil

Jan 14, 2014
I am trying to install the Criskelo rom ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560068 ) I got as far as installing dual recovery but I could only get TWRP working not CWM so stopped there and back tracked thinking I was doing something wrong. Not sure if the issue I have now would be fixed upon installing the rom, couldn't figure out why CWM wouldn't install and as the Invalid Card was the only other known issue I figured something went wrong in the downgrade process and have been working at that since...

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I am trying to install the Criskelo rom ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560068 ) I got as far as installing dual recovery but I could only get TWRP working not CWM so stopped there and back tracked thinking I was doing something wrong. Not sure if the issue I have now would be fixed upon installing the rom, couldn't figure out why CWM wouldn't install and as the Invalid Card was the only other known issue I figured something went wrong in the downgrade process and have been working at that since...

The update kernel of the Criskelo it's a .290 so probably it will fix this issue but if you flashed the recovery and you get only TWRP working and not CWM i don't know how this happen. There is 1 way to boot in TWRP and another one to boot in CWM.

Reactions: DylanNeil

neil10

Jun 6, 2014
network for sim with another carrier(airtel) but no network for my sim card(aircel)

hey guys please help ... after flashing a custom ROM vibeui 1.5(root+gapps) from needrom, I couldn't find network for my sim card.. but the signal bars are full if I insert a sim of another carrier... please help me guys...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try to restart your computer. If not OK, uninstall and reinstall flashtool. Try to redownload ftf as well. Good luck buddy. :)

If you are doing this to reach the .290 rooted like here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572988 doesn't matter too, because you will update anyway so if you get some issues in downgrade state forget about that and complete the process. The update to .290 should fix them. Are you getting this problem on rooted .290?

The update kernel of the Criskelo it's a .290 so probably it will fix this issue but if you flashed the recovery and you get only TWRP working and not CWM i don't know how this happen. There is 1 way to boot in TWRP and another one to boot in CWM.