K^Kernel for KK 4.4 - Test builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
I noticed freeze happened too if I tried to play youtube's video on browser. I take "last_kmsg" with an app because I can't find it with root explorer, I hope I did the right thing
The panic is happening while performing ion_cma_cache_ops, are you sure you've successfully applied the changes on build.prop?
Could you share your build.prop?
Thanks.

Reactions: xlollomanx

xlollomanx

Dec 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy W I8150
OnePlus One
The panic is happening while performing ion_cma_cache_ops, are you sure you've successfully applied the changes on build.prop?
Could you share your build.prop?
Thanks.

Yes, this is my build.prop. I included your lines before "ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES", maybe this is my mistake.

Attachments

• build.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Christopher83

LeroViten

Jan 19, 2013
Kyiv
facebook.com
Just a quick question to ancora users:
Is anyone using that kernel with Arne's 05/25 build of pure cm11? The one that has new adreno libs...

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

H

hrinfrnlmjsty

sir @Christopher83 sorry for almost off-topic, but I've been using sir @lafactorial's DCM 4.4.3 and I've flashed your OC, EXUV, XHM kernel version according to instructions (build.prop lines, disabled ksm, 480p, etc.) then I experienced "Unfortunately, camera has stopped." error when I stopped the video recording even in QCIF mode. And now, I've reflashed DCM rom again with clean installation (tree times), this issue still continues.However, there is no such issue before your kernel flashing. I wonder that I've been taken this error because of your kernel? Could it leave something in the phone? (in phone's software based parts, or somewhere) is it possible? Or why I've taken this issue?

I hope I can understand myself.

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
sir @Christopher83 sorry for almost off-topic, but I've been using sir @lafactorial's DCM 4.4.3 and I've flashed your OC, EXUV, XHM kernel version according to instructions (build.prop lines, disabled ksm, 480p, etc.) then I experienced "Unfortunately, camera has stopped." error when I stopped the video recording even in QCIF mode. And now, I've reflashed DCM rom again with clean installation (tree times), this issue still continues.However, there is no such issue before your kernel flashing. I wonder that I've been taken this error because of your kernel? Could it leave something in the phone? (in phone's software based parts, or somewhere) is it possible? Or why I've taken this issue?

I hope I can understand myself.
I'm sorry for your problem.
The kernel doesn't change/leave anything on your filesystem, everything is inside it's boot.img
Could you try to clear app data of Camera app?
Simply keep pressed on Camera or Gallery icon (the app is the same), drag the icon to Application information, then press on Clear Data button (you won't loose your pictures, this operation will clear app settings and stored infos).

H

hrinfrnlmjsty

I'm sorry for your problem.
The kernel doesn't change/leave anything on your filesystem, everything is inside it's boot.img
Could you try to clear app data of Camera app?
Simply keep pressed on Camera or Gallery icon (the app is the same), drag the icon to Application information, then press on Clear Data button (you won't loose your pictures, this operation will clear app settings and stored infos).

sir thanks for your help, I had done this already but I tried it again and no change. :( (btw, when back to stock rom (gingerbread), there is no camera issue. I think it is rom issue but I just want to ask you because of the fact that I've experienced this issue after your kernel flashing. there is no such issue like that before your kernel :) ) heavens! :confused:

LeroViten

Jan 19, 2013
Kyiv
facebook.com
sir thanks for your help, I had done this already but I tried it again and no change. :( (btw, when back to stock rom (gingerbread), there is no camera issue. I think it is rom issue but I just want to ask you because of the fact that I've experienced this issue after your kernel flashing. there is no such issue like that before your kernel :) ) heavens! :confused:

I was running DCM for a week and camera FC was a known bug even on its own kernel. This was discussed lots of times so ain't K^Kernel problem. ?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

H

hrinfrnlmjsty

thanks @Christopher83 and @LeroViten I've looked for it to the topic but I think I missed it. sorry for off- topic sir. have a nice day all! and so appreciated for your work sir, thank you!

tycoo

Sep 5, 2013
XBerg36
Like to report again, using UV VHM kernel on CM28052014:
I changed <string name="pref_video_quality_key">4</string> to value 5 and 720p video recording is working now. Dont know why it was set to 4. :silly:

lafactorial

Mar 21, 2013
Hi guys,
you can find the new test builds here:

I hope that the faced issues are now solved.
Probably you don't need the changes on build.prop anymore, but keeping them won't hurt.

Let me have your feedbacks.

Yeah thanks again. I flashed EXUV-VHM and tested. Taking picture Ok. Switching to camcorder after taking picture Ok. Vieo recording and playback Ok. I tested on youtube wit HD videos.

Note: I am using DCM latest build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts