[Q] Camera not working?

Search This thread

Mr.Schneider

Feb 7, 2014
DeSoto, IA
I've had my DNA since release, and I have had several ROMs installed, and a few months back, out of the blue, my camera stopped working. In the camera app, snap chat, any app that tried to use the camera. It just says "Camera Error - Can't Connect To Camera"

I have switch several ROMs since the issue began, thinking that might be the problem, but to no success. Many wipes and resets later, I am at the end of my rope. I just installed a new ROM thinking one last time it would work.

If anyone has any idea on what it could be, please let me know. If you need any more info about my specific phone let me know.

I just installed Liquid Smooth ROM.
My previous ROMs I've tried were, ViperDNA, TikTak.

I really need help here guys, this community hasn't let me down yet.

fishline

Nov 7, 2011
I've had my DNA since release, and I have had several ROMs installed, and a few months back, out of the blue, my camera stopped working. In the camera app, snap chat, any app that tried to use the camera. It just says "Camera Error - Can't Connect To Camera"

I have switch several ROMs since the issue began, thinking that might be the problem, but to no success. Many wipes and resets later, I am at the end of my rope. I just installed a new ROM thinking one last time it would work.

If anyone has any idea on what it could be, please let me know. If you need any more info about my specific phone let me know.

I just installed Liquid Smooth ROM.
My previous ROMs I've tried were, ViperDNA, TikTak.

I really need help here guys, this community hasn't let me down yet.

Have you tried soft-reset? It saved me from the same problem twice, once just like yours, and the second after replacing the LCD/digitizer/screen. Power off the device, then simply press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds. Read somewhere that it is basically equivalent to a battery pull. Not sure why it fixes the camera problem, but I was ready to think the camera was gone! Good luck to you.

KKILLION79

Mar 14, 2013
Have you tried soft-reset? It saved me from the same problem twice, once just like yours, and the second after replacing the LCD/digitizer/screen. Power off the device, then simply press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds. Read somewhere that it is basically equivalent to a battery pull. Not sure why it fixes the camera problem, but I was ready to think the camera was gone! Good luck to you.

Any resolutions? Having the same issue here.