WM5 and Bluetooth on Wizard - Experiences?

Search This thread

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
Hey guys,
for those of you, who luckily own a Wizard already, what can you say about the performance of WM 5 compared to WM2003 SE on the Magician? Does it feel a lot slower. Many people with the Universal are experienceing very poor performance, especially at loading applications and at startup.
What is the processor performing like. Did anyone test some demanding games on the device, like for example TombRaider or Flux Challenge?
What is the Bluetooth like? Is it 2.0 EDR? Does it use the Microsoft Stack (yuck) or the Widcomm stack. Does it provide A2DP?
Generally, what are the most important pros and cons in your opinion?

robinton

Dec 2, 2003
Houston, TX
Well, I jumped from the Himalaya to the Wizard, so no Magician experience. The BT stack is Microsoft and no A2DP support yet. Supposedly there will be a ROM update out in December for this. BT is 1.1, but there is evidence the device can support 2.0 and possibly that will be in the December update as well.

Overall the experience is a plus compared to 2003 SE. Activesync over BT works well, BT keyboards are supported and I can voicedial with my BT headset. Distance is pretty good for me on the BT headset as well (I am using a Motorola HS810 currently and quality as been reported as good.

Robert Harrold
Houston, TX