Trouble creating twrp

Search This thread

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
So I am currently running a stock ROM rooted nexus 5 with xposed framework with gravity box. I wanted to create a backup as I Dont currently have one which I know I should have done. Now when I went into twrp from my phone being on and selected backup along with what to backup my phone restarted to the android with a red triangle. How can I create a backup?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
So I am currently running a stock ROM rooted nexus 5 with xposed framework with gravity box. I wanted to create a backup as I Dont currently have one which I know I should have done. Now when I went into twrp from my phone being on and selected backup along with what to backup my phone restarted to the android with a red triangle. How can I create a backup?

I would recommend booting back into recovery and trying again with the backup option. If that still doesn't work I would recommend flashing the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery for the Nexus 5, and using that to perform a backup of your device. Let me know if you still have any questions.

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Can I just download cwm recovery straight from the play store?

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
To flash twrp can I install from play store then go advanced then install recovery?

I assume you are talking about download GooManager from Play Store and then using that to install TWRP? If so, yes that's one way. Another way is to download the TWRP recovery image and use Flashify app to flash the recovery image. My personal favorite just because it's the way I always do it is to download the recovery image to my computer then boot into the device's bootloader and use fastboot to flash it to my device.

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Got it thank you sir!

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
I assume you are talking about download GooManager from Play Store and then using that to install TWRP? If so, yes that's one way. Another way is to download the TWRP recovery image and use Flashify app to flash the recovery image. My personal favorite just because it's the way I always do it is to download the recovery image to my computer then boot into the device's bootloader and use fastboot to flash it to my device.

Just to clarify I got this right I disabled all the xposed modules and uninstalled xposed framework then rebooted and used root toolkit or something along those lines I forget now to flash twrp so now when I go into fastboot then recover I can access twrp. I made a backup of just the stock rooted ROM. Now I'm safe if I soft brick correct? I had serious trouble a year ago figuring this all out with my s3 and soft bricked multiple tines with no recovery but I Dont want to be back in that boat but want to try out some custom roms

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Just to clarify I got this right I disabled all the xposed modules and uninstalled xposed framework then rebooted and used root toolkit or something along those lines I forget now to flash twrp so now when I go into fastboot then recover I can access twrp. I made a backup of just the stock rooted ROM. Now I'm safe if I soft brick correct? I had serious trouble a year ago figuring this all out with my s3 and soft bricked multiple tines with no recovery but I Dont want to be back in that boat but want to try out some custom roms

Now that you have TWRP installed and have a backup of your stock ROM, you can restore your backup should you soft brick your phone. Your all set to try some custom ROMs if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Nice! Thanks for all your help!