Very bad experience...

Search This thread

ivanceci

Feb 9, 2013
One week ago I bought new galaxy tab s 8.4 lte version.
Box opened, turned on tablet and...strange thing...battery was down to 4%...generally a new device has more residual power...
Anyway, i charged it all night for ten hrs.
Turned on again and 100% charge.
Everything runned ok for almost two days...then my tablet started to reboot randomly under 50% charge without no reason. No overheat, no strange app, no cpu stress. Just browsing internet, using facebook, sliding app drawer.
When it rebooted again charge was at 12%. Rebooted again...charge at 62...then 32%...and so on...
Maybe a battery calibration issue. So I decided to restore to default settings. Did it for 3 times...same behaviour...under 50-40% tablet started to reboot randomly.
Rapidly returned back to the store and changed with another one.
No problems at the moment, battery drain is regular with no "jumps".
Maybe it was just a defective battery but it was a very unpleasant experience.
Hope this is just an isolated event.

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Well It doesn't sound normal for this Tablet .hope you get a better taste with your newly exchanged Tab.

Flyer66

Not sure which store sold you the tablet, but a "new" device would not be down to 4% on the battery on initial start-up.
Makes you wonder if the tablet was previously returned as defective and the store sold it to you anyways. Hopefully that wasn't the case.
Here's hoping your replacement tablet will work as advertised! :eek:

ivanceci

Feb 9, 2013
Not sure which store sold you the tablet, but a "new" device would not be down to 4% on the battery on initial start-up.
Makes you wonder if the tablet was previously returned as defective and the store sold it to you anyways. Hopefully that wasn't the case.
Here's hoping your replacement tablet will work as advertised! :eek:
All the samsung original seals on the box were intact so I think that it was simply a defective battery.
The new tablet was at 45% charge when unboxed.
Fortunately no strange reboot for now...[emoji6]

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
Box opened, turned on tablet and...strange thing...battery was down to 4%...generally a new device has more residual power...
Everything runned ok for almost two days...then my tablet started to reboot randomly under 50% charge without no reason. No overheat, no strange app, no cpu stress. Just browsing internet, using facebook, sliding app drawer.
When it rebooted again charge was at 12%. Rebooted again...charge at 62...then 32%...and so on...
Maybe a battery calibration issue. So I decided to restore to default settings. Did it for 3 times...same behaviour...under 50-40% tablet started to reboot randomly.

That has battery connection problem. Maybe u got the 'QC Failed' batch like mine... i sent to Samsung but it got worst. Could not even turn it on. So i DIY it since i am rooted and the warranty does not cover rooted device. And my battery is no longer like what u r going through. If u are not rooted, go for an exchange.

Read this thread i linked, is how we fix the battery problem..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2841397

Last edited:
Reactions: rainland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That has battery connection problem. Maybe u got the 'QC Failed' batch like mine... i sent to Samsung but it got worst. Could not even turn it on. So i DIY it since i am rooted and the warranty does not cover rooted device. And my battery is no longer like what u r going through. If u are not rooted, go for an exchange.

Read this thread i linked, is how we fix the battery problem..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2841397