[Kernel] [.35-rcX]intersectRaven's Kernel (FM SUPPORT!!!)07/15/2010 03:12pm

Search This thread

bewA

Feb 16, 2010
Ok so i've just installed the Desire R21 baked this morning with AVS-X and it's not working but here's the logcat.

http://pastebin.com/KRqp7M4D

So this is with my headphones plugged in. It is able to detect when I have unplugged the headphones :)

I start the app which is fine and it then tries to do a scan but the progress bar never starts on the pop up.

If you try and quit out the app it will never close/exit until a reboot.

I did notice this in the log which might be relevant...

E/BTLD ( 780): # WARNING : BTU HCI(id=0) command timeout. opcode=0xfc0a

thalib_atc

Jun 10, 2007
Maldives
Doesnt work later versions.. Dont know what's the problem si.. BUt it DEFINITELY works on alpha 19.. Although it works once after evry restart.. if we close it for some reason the radio wont start simply .. dont know what the problem is.. i tried to close all tasks but no success...:confused:

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Doesnt work later versions.. Dont know what's the problem si.. BUt it DEFINITELY works on alpha 19.. Although it works once after evry restart.. if we close it for some reason the radio wont start simply .. dont know what the problem is.. i tried to close all tasks but no success...:confused:

Yes it doesn't work on later versions. By the way, to test whether it works, you just flash the Desire ROM as is WITHOUT flashing MY kernel and try to start the radio. If it starts successfully and doesn't crash, force close, or reboot your N1, my kernel should fix everything else. If not, it's something with the existing software. :)

*Btw, if you get radio to work, DON'T SWITCH FREQUENCIES TOO QUICKY (like sliding the frequency bar). Use the list instead. I find that switching frequencies quickly sometimes causes the audio path to unsync with the signal so you'll have to restart to get audio back. :)

Last edited:

thalib_atc

Jun 10, 2007
Maldives
i dont think this is at all a problem with the radio.. I think its a compatibility issue with nexus of the desire fm radio application... If not why it's crashing after the first boot ??? We don't know the issue earlier as it doesnt produce audio and we havent used it.. so when we get the audio and starts using it we find bugs ... just my thought ...:)

rohandhruva

Jun 6, 2010
Santa Clara, CA
I'm having some problems with this. It sometimes works, and most of the times doesn't. I just hear the static-y noise we get between frequencies. Scanning seems to pause at all the valid FM stations, but later on I can't tune to them. Once by chance I did get some music playing, but even then I wasn't able to change it or scan over channels. So it's really very unpredictable. Is it me, or does this happen to everyone? I am on MCR Desire r19.

My logcat - http://pastebin.com/Ck2p1h6m

D

diversificationied

edit: I don't think that's right, my bad.

Last edited:

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

i was using the cm6.0 works fine then i wanted to try the desire 19 with the fm kernel and doesnt work fine....now im trying to us this rom and i get a error!!!!

all works fine on installing rom till it hits the write boot then it says error finishing the boot failure at line 86 write_raw_image package: boot.img boot installation aborted??

please help!:confused::mad::confused::mad:

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

christiankk

Jan 25, 2009
I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

i was using the cm6.0 works fine then i wanted to try the desire 19 with the fm kernel and doesnt work fine....now im trying to us this rom and i get a error!!!!

all works fine on installing rom till it hits the write boot then it says error finishing the boot failure at line 86 write_raw_image package: boot.img boot installation aborted??

please help!:confused::mad::confused::mad:

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Are you sure this is the right thread. :confused:

This is a thread for a kernel, not a rom.:rolleyes:

Not sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Sorry everyone. While cleaning the source, I found that the later versions I released have a bug in them which is causing the erratic problems. Essentially, I forgot to uncomment a line which configures the communication between the bcm chip and the bus which is causing the odd problems. I'll release a new one soon with the fix. I'll also be releasing the source soon on my GitHub since it's almost nice and clean. :eek:

rohandhruva

Jun 6, 2010
Santa Clara, CA
Sorry everyone. While cleaning the source, I found that the later versions I released have a bug in them which is causing the erratic problems. Essentially, I forgot to uncomment a line which configures the communication between the bcm chip and the bus which is causing the odd problems. I'll release a new one soon with the fix. I'll also be releasing the source soon on my GitHub since it's almost nice and clean. :eek:
Could this inadvertent bug be the cause of my problem here -- http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7158437&postcount=50 ? I can't wait to try out the new release :D

Top Liked Posts