[ROM-DEV] Honeycomb SDK port to N1 alpha 3 [02/27/2011]

Search This thread

unknownrebelx

Feb 23, 2008
Long Beach
Oddly enough menu scrolling seems to be almost fine. It's fairly smooth compared to the rest of the UI haha.

That lockscreen is gorgeous. I cannot WAIT until someone gets it ported to CM or the likes.

Thanks again for the hard work. It's going to be fun seeing how far this project goes. :)

hoseth0711

Oct 15, 2009
Copenhagen
Can i use this on the ns? Or otherwise it could be amazing if someone could port it to nexus s. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

XSafire

May 5, 2009
I think most people don't realize this isn't in any way shape or form a ROM that can be used efficiently. It's built from the SDK, which doesn't support any cellular data (calls, sms, 3g) and plus this build is made for tablets. The dev just wanted to allow us to play with it and be able to see the new feautures hands-on (and a great job he did)

I do think that Google will make a honeycomb port for phones eventually, Andy Rubin already confirmed that. This build is however is made 100% for tablets.

Reactions: jivester024

Mo_Nexus

Jun 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
Great port, but extremely laggy. Installed it on my N1 without a hitch, love the new boot animation. As mentioned in previous posts though, there is no wifi, 3g, or the ability to make or receive calls at all. Visually the os is amazing and i like the new menu layouts and futuristic look, i just wish it wasn't lagging so much.

Keep up the great work!

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
Wow that looks pretty cool! I love the dev team for this. I can't wait for a dev to hook it up for my phone (MT4G). :)

bypass23

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2008
Sherbrooke, QC
Wow that looks pretty cool! I love the dev team for this. I can't wait for a dev to hook it up for my phone (MT4G). :)

Sorry but prolly wont happen :(

Nexus One is HDPI 240 density and in order to see the whole screen we need to force Android to 120 density !

Now imagine a MDPI device going from 160 to 80 it will be SO small you prolly wont see anything. To be honest I tried 80 density on my Nexus One and it was already way too small... On a MDPI device that would mean 33% smaller lol

Alankrut

Sep 6, 2009
Sorry but prolly wont happen :(

Nexus One is HDPI 240 density and in order to see the whole screen we need to force Android to 120 density !

Now imagine a MDPI device going from 160 to 80 it will be SO small you prolly wont see anything. To be honest I tried 80 density on my Nexus One and it was already way too small... On a MDPI device that would mean 33% smaller lol

myTouch 4G is HDPI, and even has a larger screen than the Nexus One (.1" larger :cool:)

I think you were confused and thought that the mytouch 3g was being referred to

buttkicker

Feb 17, 2008
Got the data to work.
Pushed the libhtc_ril.so from CM and changed the build.prop to point to this.

Update attached.

However the browser force closes after loading a page halfway through.

Attachments

• honeycomb-n1-enabledata.zip
    326.7 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: myn

Wisefire

Feb 8, 2009
Lubbock, TX

I think the writer of that article took what was said in a wrong way.

Android 2.4, will be another Gingerbread update. Adding things end-line users aren't going to notice such as dual core support. From there, the next build of android will have 2.4 and 3.0 combined. Creating Ice Cream, keeping one unified android for all devices.

@Topic

Can't wait to try it out once I get home for class. I'll make a video if I can.

D

diversificationied

Don't expect a 2.4.

Expect the visual overhaul for phones to come at ice cream though. Shame they aren't bothering to upate the phone support portion of android. =(.

At least we'll finally get proper HW support with 3.0.

xpunksbeendeadx

Aug 29, 2010
I think the writer of that article took what was said in a wrong way.

Android 2.4, will be another Gingerbread update. Adding things end-line users aren't going to notice such as dual core support. From there, the next build of android will have 2.4 and 3.0 combined. Creating Ice Cream, keeping one unified android for all devices.

I agree about that completely. I didn't notice the article saying 2.4 would be Ice cream which is definitely not going to happen. HTC is already showing phones with 2.4 at wmc.

Oh and to the OP I got this running this afternoon and it's just making me salivate for more. It may be designed for a tablet but that makes it so different in a good way to gingerbread which I've already gotten bored with.

SA-07

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2010
so if I try this on the nexus s will it brick the phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honeycomb SDK port to N1 alpha 3

Credits goes to :
    • Pershoot's Kernel 2.6.35.11 – OC-UV-BTN-AUD-RAM-NEON_FP
    • chhaggerty and NuroSlam for the recompiled "honeycomb" su
    • RiotMAC for the density hack (which made my previous work worth sharing)
    • M..N for the libinput.so TC fix
    • DJ_Steeve for 3d libs, data and oriention fix
    • Coolexe for pointing the link to an almost fully working gapps on Honeycomb
    If any DEVs are interested in getting more things to work for the Nexus One let me know. The nook community did fix a lot of things from the SDK for their device it's impressive but possible

Working :
    • 3d acceleration (still a few glitches)
    • Charging led
    • Data
    • Flash led
    • Orientation sensors
    • SMS (sdk sms application wont show what you type as a message but still send and receive properly)
    • Trackball notifications

Not working :
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Calls
    • Wifi
    • etc etc etc... :)

Change log :
    [02/20/2011] Honeycomb Preview SDK port alpha
    • First preview SDK port to Nexus One
    [02/24/2011] Honeycomb Full SDK port alpha
    • First Full SDK port to Nexus One
    [02/24/2011] Honeycomb Full SDK port alpha 1
    • Fixed wallpapers and adb logcat loop oom error
    [02/24/2011] Honeycomb Full SDK port alpha 2
    • Added 3D acceleration drivers and libraries
    [02/27/2011] Honeycomb Full SDK port alpha 3
    • Data and orientation fix
    • Flashing LED (via Torch)
    • Can now be overclocked

I still made some additions :
    • Rooted
    • Added busybox
    • Added Filemanager
    • QuickBoot for reboot options
    • SetCPU
    • Terminal emulator
    • Torch

Note : if you loose TouchScreen simply change phone screen orientation it will fix the issue.

Download :

Full SDK port alpha 3 : Honeycomb_fullSDK_N1_alpha_3-signed.zip

Honeycomb Google Apps : gapps-hc-20110120-signed.zip

For those who wants to port the SDK to another device check this post
    Sdk port howto

I'm having TONS of private messages on how to port the sdk to other devices.

Well here is the only thing that was required for me to do in order to have a working boot.img :

1. Dump your current working boot.img
    2. Unpack it
    3. Uncompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz
    4. ADD the dnsproxy line in init.rc for netd daemon service
      Code:
      service netd /system/bin/netd
          socket netd stream 0660 root system
          socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet  <----
    5. Recompress edited ramdisk
    6. Create your new boot.img

Swap the boot.img in the update.zip and it should work. If u have an instruction error(0) while flashing you'll have to change the updater binary in META-INF/ for one that is compiled for your ARM version.

That was for SDK preview, I had to do alot of modifications with the full SDK. The idea is still the same tho, compare the SDK ramdisk with yours and edits ;)

If you can't dump / unpack / repack a boot.img then you CAN'T port the SDK but you CAN LEARN HOW with this WIKI
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'll try it and report and bugs :)

Once again, thank you :)

LOL there is a THANKS button for that but I'm glad you enjoy :)
    Here is a very quick, short, and simple video I did just showing that this does indeed work.

Awesome! I will try it