Originally Posted by hotdog125
I think I know your problem. Android OS must be keeping your phone awake. Happens to me sometimes. Toggling Airplane mode on and off, or a reboot usually fixes it. Also using defy full wiper when starting is advisable.
Edit - I think you should test CM10 once more. I normally get 0.3-0.4% per hour on standby.
Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
i'm back. thanks for encouraging me to try it again. don't know what i've done different this time but the latest 20130918 version is now giving me 0.55-0.60%/hr battery consumption and following stats:
android os 70%
cell standby 23%
phone idle 8%
well i'm happy with that since gingerbread was giving me about 0.7%/hr anyway. if they could fix the android os problem we might be able to get the same consumption as cm9.1 though.
details of how i flash the rom this time:
1. wipe/format the phone with defy_fullwipe_ext4.zip (proper wipe/format).
2. flash 20130918 rom.
3. flash cwm_twrp-forjellybeanroms-v2-signed.zip (for safety).
4. wipe cache and dalvik.
5. reboot. (want to test rom without gapps first).
6. switched of all signals (data, gps, sync, bluetooth and wifi) except phone radio.
7. toggle airplane mode.
8. reboot into recovery and wipe battery stat.
9. reboot phone with charger in.
10. charge phone to 100% and left the phone on standby overnight (about 10hrs)
11. checked battery stat in the morning and got about 0.55% /hr.
12. reset all settings to my liking, fresh install all apps i used, switch baseband to my region and reboot.
13. flashed tjkv's minimal gapps and reboot.
14 checked battery % before putting phone on standby for another 10hrs. got about 0.58%/hr this time. very happy
thanks again hotdog125. and my apology to the op for taking up your space. hope you found your perfect rom.