M8 Drivers

Search This thread

wiredwrx

Dec 4, 2012
Anyone know where I can grab the drivers. I am trying to use Carbon/Helium, and I need to install the drivers. I tried the generic HTC drivers, but control panel/device manager still shows Android Phone and CDC Serial with yellow exclamation points. I contact HTC tech support (what a joke) and the rep told me "The drivers are built into the phone" Uh, what the eff does that mean. The drivers I need are to install onto my computer, not on the phone.

Reactions: skivvies

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
Anyone know where I can grab the drivers. I am trying to use Carbon/Helium, and I need to install the drivers. I tried the generic HTC drivers, but control panel/device manager still shows Android Phone and CDC Serial with yellow exclamation points. I contact HTC tech support (what a joke) and the rep told me "The drivers are built into the phone" Uh, what the eff does that mean. The drivers I need are to install onto my computer, not on the phone.

HTC Sync will automatically install those drivers if installed

skivvies

Jan 29, 2009
Kansas City
plus.google.com
As of this writing, I have confirmed with HTC, over the phone, that most currently available HTC Sync Manager (3.0.52.0) does not include M8 drivers.

If anyone stumbles across them, please let us know.

+1 to OP Carbon/Helium user in need.

Is there a folder on the device where they are located?

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
As of this writing, I have confirmed with HTC, over the phone, that most currently available HTC Sync Manager (3.0.52.0) does not include M8 drivers.

If anyone stumbles across them, please let us know.

+1 to OP Carbon/Helium user in need.

Is there a folder on the device where they are located?

They still have to update the program probably...

wiredwrx

Dec 4, 2012
They still have to update the program probably...

I download HTC Sync, and it cured my issues. As for Carbon/Helium, I save it to my SD card. Luckily, the M8 includes an SD card slot. Now, what will happen when I install the card into the M8, in terms of formatting and other issues, I will see shortly. I hope that I will just be able to access the backup on my sd card, and restore what needs to be restored. Then, I will wait to see about rooting, so I can get a majority of the bloatware off. But, that might take some time.

I am coming from a Rezound, so this thing kicks butt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.