Omnia 7 Replacement Batteries

Search This thread

hboos

Jul 19, 2009
The Omnia 7 uses the same battery as the Omnia HD (i8910)

So you can get replacement ones quite cheaply on ebay.

what I really want is a battery charger case...

you get them in Korea for other phone models but have yet to see any here at all.

basically it's a small case to carry your battery in, but it has a little port so you can charge your spare battery whenever.

it means you don't have to wait around and you always have a spare charged battery at hand.

this one is for the galaxy s

here

or
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ET-CHGPKNVGSTA-features

why can't we have stuff like this? it would make life so much easier!

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
i heard a lot of good thing about omnia 7 battery before buying it, but i am somewhat disappointed right now. it does not last me 8-20. God forbid if i played anything on the loudspeaker, when i'm say, camping.

i really hope the next mayor breakthrough in tech is in this area, instead of unnecessary quad-cores and whatnot.

BiG K

Dec 31, 2009
I fully agree, I wish there was more impovement made in the battery field! I don't think there is a need to have processors any faster than 1Ghz. It's simply a marketing tool to get all the fools thinking that they have a better phone because it has a dual core processor etc. Now on a desktop computer where you will REALLY multitask (watch a video whilst photoediting, surfing the web and chatting on MSN) multi-core processors make sense. On a phone, there can only be one application in the foreground at any one time.

Anyway, I can confirm with the OP that the Omnia HD battery does work. I am using one right now!

Battery life for me is somewhat amazing! I went to a wedding where I must have played games for atleast 2-3 HOURS, then surfed the web somewhat, sent plenty of txt messages and a few phone calls. Lasted the full day, got home, went to bed, started surfing the web and the battery refused to die!

Whereas on other days, the battery tends to die quicker :S It's hit or miss sometimes.

kphenix

Mar 9, 2011
Battery technology has definitely not caught up with smartphone technology. Many consumers are opting to an extended battery or a spare battery. Try batteries4less online.

BakedGoodsX

Oct 29, 2010
I grabbed the 1800mah mugen. It's incredible.

I'll spend the day with moderate surfing/news feeds/gaming and often I'll be at 50-60% battery. It's ridiculous I almost don't believe it.

That being said, it takes hours to charge via USB (from almost dead to full takes approx. 9-10 hours.)

Last edited:

dormix

Jan 24, 2010
Pescara
What about this 2430 mah battery:

h t t p://w w w .ebay.c o. uk/itm/2430MAH-HIGH-CAPACITY-GOLD-BATTERY-I8700-OMNIA-7-/200640564711?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2eb71c0de7

SicilianTony

Aug 18, 2011
What about this 2430 mah battery:

h t t p://w w w .ebay.c o. uk/itm/2430MAH-HIGH-CAPACITY-GOLD-BATTERY-I8700-OMNIA-7-/200640564711?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2eb71c0de7

if you scrape the cover off, it's 750mah inside.

go for oem, all the rest are fakes (esp china ones) and the genuine ones like mugen are 200% more expensive than oem ones for marginal benefit.

my omnia was suffering from battery issues and i realized although the phone is new, the battery was old, so i bought a new one from amazon for £7 inc shipping. has worked fine ever since. normal days usage, 1hr of calls, 2 hrs browsing, 1 hr texting and the occasional game and i have 45% at the end of the day when im recharging. i have two email accounts on push, location on, wifi on.

do85

Apr 5, 2011
I grabbed the 1800mah mugen. It's incredible.

I'll spend the day with moderate surfing/news feeds/gaming and often I'll be at 50-60% battery. It's ridiculous I almost don't believe it.

That being said, it takes hours to charge via USB (from almost dead to full takes approx. 9-10 hours.)

So the 1800mah is good? I'm interested...

Thank you

netghst1

Sep 13, 2011
California
Question about the Mugen Batteries

Whew, first post! Anyhow, I have seen the Mugen batteries listed previously for other phones I have used. I've always been curious, but never brave enough to pull the trigger on one. Is anyone aware of any battery draw-down tests involving their products? I'd be curious if someone were to use something WP Bench's battery drain test to get a valid comparison of the standard 1500mah to the extended 1800mah cell.

BakedGoodsX

Oct 29, 2010
After about a month's use I can safely say my phone has yet to fully drain.

I do charge every night, and often the charge floats around 50% after a full day's use. I surf quite a bit (on wifi), play some games, etc. I admit though, that since getting Mango my Omnia doesn't grab 3G as often as it used to (it's usually on EDGE). This is a known issue with Mango, so I'm sure I'd see heavier drain if I was on 3G all the time.

Since I bought the Mugen day one, I can't really compare it to the stock battery. I too, would be curious about WP Bench drain tests. If I have some time where I don't need my phone, I'll try it out.

edgarzin

Dec 3, 2010
Im looking for a genuine samsung battery for my omnia 7, mine came deffective, does anybody can tell me a trust website? thanks!

johnny.g

Nov 17, 2009
London
mugenpower 1800mAh drain test

I compared the 1800mAh mugen battery with a stock (about 8 months old).
First you have to go through several discharge/recharge cycles as they recommend.

using WP7 Bench Battery test :
stock lasted 3:48.49 (225mins)
mugen lasted 4:35.52 (275mins).

So an improvement of 22%.. which is what you would expect if the battery really had 20% more capacity as advertised.

at USD$46 these are not cheap, but the phone now lasts a complete day with my typical use, and it didn't use to - so to me it's worth it.

BTW the delivery from the official site was free and quick (under a week)

Reactions: silv3r4sh

liamhere

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2007
Birmingham U.K
xdaforums.com
hummmmm

Anyone had any experience with this site?

http://www.batteryupgrade.co.uk/shopBrowser.php?assortmentProductId=15919234&shopGroupId=49081386&tracker=googleProducts_uk#/assortmentProductId/15919234/shopGroupId/49081386

claiming they have 2400 batteries for the Omnia 7 for £25...it doesn't look as obviously fake as the ones on eBay, and it says they provide a warranty ect.

"Free extended cover included" do you want to make the phone any bigger?

jomix

Dec 29, 2010
By what i read on others forums, the 2400 mAh is a fake, so the 1800 mAh's Mugen is simply the best choice.

neutom

Oct 12, 2010
Hamm
Akku-King

I bought "Akku-King" 1750 mAh in December and it works fantastic. In "normal" use 2 days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mugenpower 1800mAh drain test

I compared the 1800mAh mugen battery with a stock (about 8 months old).
    First you have to go through several discharge/recharge cycles as they recommend.

using WP7 Bench Battery test :
    stock lasted 3:48.49 (225mins)
    mugen lasted 4:35.52 (275mins).

So an improvement of 22%.. which is what you would expect if the battery really had 20% more capacity as advertised.

at USD$46 these are not cheap, but the phone now lasts a complete day with my typical use, and it didn't use to - so to me it's worth it.

BTW the delivery from the official site was free and quick (under a week)