[Q] Bought a Maxx that says "UNLOCKED.. Status Code: 1"

Search This thread

kuz142

Feb 3, 2013
As stated in the title, I bought a Droid Maxx that apparently is bootloader unlocked. Does this mean I accidentally got a dev edition? Because as far as I know, it's impossible to unlock the retail version...

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
As stated in the title, I bought a Droid Maxx that apparently is bootloader unlocked. Does this mean I accidentally got a dev edition? Because as far as I know, it's impossible to unlock the retail version...

does it say Developer Edition below the Verizon logo on the back of the phone? If not you might want to talk with a developer on here....

kuz142

Feb 3, 2013
So are you able to flash a custom recovery on that?

Not sure, is it worth trying? As of now I'm still on 4.2.2 with root and write protect off, and don't want to have to do any full resets if I screw anything up. Also, are there even any custom recoveries available for these devices?

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Not sure, is it worth trying? As of now I'm still on 4.2.2 with root and write protect off, and don't want to have to do any full resets if I screw anything up. Also, are there even any custom recoveries available for these devices?

Here is a version of TWRP for 4.2.2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458449&page=7 link is in post #3. You can try flashing it in fastboot to see if it will overwrite the stock recovery. I don't believe there is any risk. If it's not compatible it will simply fail.

Method is to flash via fastboot, reboot bootloader, reboot to recovery then reboot system.

Reactions: kuz142

kuz142

Feb 3, 2013

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root

anyway you can post a picture of your bootloader screen?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root

Which listing on Swappa was it? I was looking at the recently sold ones and am trying to figure out the history.

kuz142

Feb 3, 2013

Attachments

• 20140220_104712.jpg
    20140220_104712.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Zorque

Jul 21, 2011
Awesome! It could be just a developer unit, or you might have just found the holy grail of Maxx development. Either way, enjoy your unlocked bootloader and don't hold out for too much cash when some wonderful developer wants to buy it off of you and discover its secrets! :p

Jaocagomez

Sep 4, 2010
Mexico Culiacan
OMG its indeed and Regular Droid Maxx with unlocked bootloader!!
Good Find!
maybe its the first batch of new Droids by lenovo or the owner found a way to unlock the bootloader or was a test device, who knows, anyway its amazing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a version of TWRP for 4.2.2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458449&page=7 link is in post #3. You can try flashing it in fastboot to see if it will overwrite the stock recovery. I don't believe there is any risk. If it's not compatible it will simply fail.

Method is to flash via fastboot, reboot bootloader, reboot to recovery then reboot system.

Interesting. I think I've seen someone else post pics of a phone like this. They may have been factory test/development phones.
    Awesome! It could be just a developer unit, or you might have just found the holy grail of Maxx development. Either way, enjoy your unlocked bootloader and don't hold out for too much cash when some wonderful developer wants to buy it off of you and discover its secrets! :p
    OMG its indeed and Regular Droid Maxx with unlocked bootloader!!
    Good Find!
    maybe its the first batch of new Droids by lenovo or the owner found a way to unlock the bootloader or was a test device, who knows, anyway its amazing!