Recommend moto x still?

Search This thread

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I have 2 Nexus 5's and I sold one and have $ to buy another phone I'm looking @ the Moto x and it looks cool (bamboo wood edition)

I'm wondering what model number should I purchase for T-Mobile and for their LTE and HSPA+ also does the Moto X support all T-Mobile bands?

Secondly who provides the updates to the Moto X, I see so many versions such as America Movil or whatever.. all confusing me does the updates go through the carrier or straight to device like a Nexus?

Third hows the battery life on this thing, I'm talking about screen on time and real world usage!

dorksturhh

Jun 22, 2011
West Covina
I have 2 Nexus 5's and I sold one and have $ to buy another phone I'm looking @ the Moto x and it looks cool (bamboo wood edition)

I'm wondering what model number should I purchase for T-Mobile and for their LTE and HSPA+ also does the Moto X support all T-Mobile bands?

Secondly who provides the updates to the Moto X, I see so many versions such as America Movil or whatever.. all confusing me does the updates go through the carrier or straight to device like a Nexus?

Third hows the battery life on this thing, I'm talking about screen on time and real world usage!

i just picked up a 32gb developers edition for $250 2 hours ago. I love it. I still have the white nexus 5. I never felt a connection with the nexus 5, its just like a flat brick, this feels much more like the nexus 4, and s. Solid in your hands and ****. I recommend it, but as for the roming portion, I dont know yet, thats what im worried about because the development looks weak as hell in here.

Any recommended roms?

VTHockey11

Oct 12, 2011
I don't think there is a lot of development for the Moto X because you pretty much already have a stock Android experience with a couple of added benefits that aren't just gimmicks. No bloatware either. Only reason most people root this phone is to install Unicon and Xposed in order to change icons and make visual tweaks without the need for third party launchers or roms.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: helldogg75

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
Once Motorola stops giving updates, development will increase.
Necessity is the mother of inventions. There is no need for roms at the moment as it is an awesome phone out of the box.
I had similar exp with my previous phone .
:angel:

jamesc760

May 12, 2010
All of above applies only if you have non-AT&T Moto X. If you buy an AT&T Moto X, you will be laughed at. Don't fall for a phone with locked bootloader, never. HTC's fortune started to fall when they put out phones that were unfriendly to developers and hackers. Samsung has started down the slippery slope as well and they will begin to suffer as a consquence. Moto X was a great phone but their myopic decision to cripple the phone with unlockable bootloader for the largest US carrier (ATT) consigned it to the dust bin, it seems.

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
I'd suggest buying a GSM Developer Edition so you keep your warranty intact after unlocking. This phone with Xposed Gravity Box installed has ended my 4 Year obsession to flash roms entirely. Gravity Box can do almost anything a Rom can do, I even went back to stock on my Nexus 7 with this module and couldn't be happier. Not thinking about the latest Rom or waiting for a new build to try and then have to wipe and setup my phone/tablet again is a blessing.

Reactions: asatnik11

BeagleBoy

Mar 27, 2008
This is the first phone I've had that I've ever run stock. I'm thinking of unlocking it, just to install xposed, but that's really it.

Even my three Google Experience devices (Nexus One, Nexus S, and Xoom) were all rooted within a day or two of owning them. This phone is just really nice as-is.

-Jim

Rattles

Nov 14, 2011
ill echo what everybody else said. The Moto X is the first Android phone that i have zero desire to install a different ROM. with just root and Xposed, the phone gives me everything i need without forcing me to give up the great features like Touchless Control, Active Display etc...

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
All of above applies only if you have non-AT&T Moto X. If you buy an AT&T Moto X, you will be laughed at. Don't fall for a phone with locked bootloader, never. HTC's fortune started to fall when they put out phones that were unfriendly to developers and hackers. Samsung has started down the slippery slope as well and they will begin to suffer as a consquence. Moto X was a great phone but their myopic decision to cripple the phone with unlockable bootloader for the largest US carrier (ATT) consigned it to the dust bin, it seems.

Samsung has a wider range of customers now that android has developed. It is the iPhones competition and people who are tired of iPhones and iOS look at that competition with on sheet greater specs, camera and a wide array of commercials going against the iPhone people are leaning towards the gs5 vs any other android device. The gs5 has outsold the iPhone 5s in the first weekend of its release. I'm not a Samsung fanboy nor apple fanboy, I've used both ecosystems before I loved iOS but now that android has developed I wouldn't think about going back to iOS unless there's specs and other enticing options to draw me back. I have a macbook air, but I have the moto x and let me get on topic with this one. The moto x is a really great device but I think the op should wait for the successor of the moto x or wait for the "last" nexus device. There's more great devices coming out later on this year and I think he should hold off.

MOTO X SLAPPED

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think there is a lot of development for the Moto X because you pretty much already have a stock Android experience with a couple of added benefits that aren't just gimmicks. No bloatware either. Only reason most people root this phone is to install Unicon and Xposed in order to change icons and make visual tweaks without the need for third party launchers or roms.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'd suggest buying a GSM Developer Edition so you keep your warranty intact after unlocking. This phone with Xposed Gravity Box installed has ended my 4 Year obsession to flash roms entirely. Gravity Box can do almost anything a Rom can do, I even went back to stock on my Nexus 7 with this module and couldn't be happier. Not thinking about the latest Rom or waiting for a new build to try and then have to wipe and setup my phone/tablet again is a blessing.