HELP: How can i get WP7 Zune to show album/artist backgrounds?

Search This thread

davidebanks

Sep 1, 2008
anyone know why zune dosnt display all of my album backgrounds? how can i fix it. some albums work others dont. help!

Last edited:

Stairmand

Feb 22, 2007
Been wondering this myself, all my music has the correct tag data and album art. However the tile still dislpays the artwork for a track I played days ago :confused:

I've played dozens of albums/tracks since

davidebanks

Sep 1, 2008
WP7 Zune really needs an update to sort out these sort of issues. it would be better if it had the same "find info" and "find album art" option which it has on the PC zune software. theres got to be a way......

weepatc

Oct 25, 2008
Ayrshire
You will have to subscribe to Zune Pass to see this working. The backgrounds change when you're streaming music from different artists. There is a free 14 day trial. I have subscribed & its amazing. Give it a try.

lumpaywk

Mar 30, 2010
Portsmouth/Gosport
You will have to subscribe to Zune Pass to see this working. The backgrounds change when you're streaming music from different artists. There is a free 14 day trial. I have subscribed & its amazing. Give it a try.

You don't need the pass for the backgrounds. However to save memory power network use or something it only downloads the art when you go to play the track and then it will only do that if you are on wifi or have a great connection. This is at least how i have come to see it.

I have also found though if you leave zune open on your pc and sync a again a couple of mins later it pushes the art across. I had a similar thing with my zune hd where it took a few syncs to get all the data but this i think is because it has to download more and so to keep it fast just gets the basic data then picks the rest up afterwards.

pipolas

Jan 9, 2008
Same problem here...
I have a zune hd..and 90% of my songs on my zune hd have background and artist information...
Then, i bought my Mozart...and I made a sync with my computer...but only 2% of my music have background!!!

What's going wrong? Same computer, same library, same music...but on my zune hd, i have the background...but nothing on my mozart!!

dov74

Jun 13, 2009
Falkirk
Same here as well.

Strange thing is, it worked fine for the first day, now it's stopped? I'm stuck with the same background picture on the music hub of my Mozart.

I also can't get Zune on my laptop to change backgrounds? Tried playing music from marketplace, playing from my collection, buying a track from the marketplace. Nothing seems to work? \i've tried with and without Zune pass as well.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with album art displaying on the now playing screen? I can see my album art everywhere else on the music hub, just not on that screen? It's just a black square which if I tap shows the 3 symbols (repeat, shuffle and the heart symbol I think)

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Same problem here. Zune really needs to be updated to correct this issue.:mad:

I nonetheless found a way to improve things:

- When you open Zune on your PC select "Collection":
- Right click on each of the Album of ur Collection and select "Find information on this album" then save the info.

Bu anyway, many artists are missing and do not appear (e.g. Sparklehorse)

I also tried a soft names "Zune Social Tagger" but it messed up my tags because some Tags used by ZUNE are actually wrong (weird but true) (e.g. it will replace Smog by Bill Callahan)

davidebanks

Sep 1, 2008
I tried the Wifi Thing like someone mentioned and it worked but only for one artist paolo nutini. will keep trying. what might be of note is that it worked for one of his albums but not another of his albums. anyway in case peole are not sure what i mean i have now uploaded 2 dics to show the difference....please help! Zune looks so much cooler with artists backgrounds ....... as you should see, the muse album has no background pic. that image is just a reflection of my head. sorry.

Attachments

• beyxda.JPG
    beyxda.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,125
  • musexda.JPG
    musexda.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

dov74

Jun 13, 2009
Falkirk
I tried the Wifi Thing like someone mentioned and it worked but only for one artist paolo nutini. will keep trying. what might be of note is that it worked for one of his albums but not another of his albums. anyway in case peole are not sure what i mean i have now uploaded 2 dics to show the difference....please help! Zune looks so much cooler with artists backgrounds ....... as you should see, the muse album has no background pic. that image is just a reflection of my head. sorry.

Thanks for the info and pics. I'll keep trying as well!

1 thing tho, on your pics, you have the album art showing on your now playing screen, did you do anything different to get the art showing there or did it work automatically once you synced with Zune on your computer? I still can't get this to show for any of my albums??

davidebanks

Sep 1, 2008
ah sorry thats my now playing screen but it does also work on the album screens. some pics worked automatically and others dont. i really cant find a reason for this. i think syncing may be the best option though but cant prove it yet

dov74

Jun 13, 2009
Falkirk
Cool. Glad you've managed to get it working!

I'll keep at this and will post if I find anything interesting. I'm in 2 minds whether to take all the music off and start from the beginning!

davidebanks

Sep 1, 2008
it still only works for some albums hoping someone knows how to really make it work though im sure wp7 Zune needs an update

fosormic

Dec 22, 2005
I have also found though if you leave zune open on your pc and sync a again a couple of mins later it pushes the art across. I had a similar thing with my zune hd where it took a few syncs to get all the data but this i think is because it has to download more and so to keep it fast just gets the basic data then picks the rest up afterwards.

Thats the way the Zune HD works and is documented (works that way on mine, took about 5 days to load them all). After the sync ends, backgrounds, bios etc are slowly loaded. In the HD's case it is evident on the screen, where it goes from Syncing to Sync Complete (downloading data) to Connected (once it has stopped downloading).

What they recommend is to leave connected to the Zune software overnight. Of course, when it downloads from the market while streaming, it keeps them.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/zune/thread/d0019422-1eb2-4604-8a81-7dedd04935d5 (for the HD)

ckacey

Mar 20, 2006
www.grlt.com
another thing that helps aside from leaving the zune device or phone connected overnight a few times is waiting until you see the status as "Connected" vs "Sync Complete" Sync complete means it has the songs and basic data, Connected means it isn't doing anything. (on the phones you'll need to go to zune, pictures, or anyplace that brings up the sync status, while on the devices, you have no choice it goes there as long as its talking to the software)

havox22

Oct 2, 2008
I could be that your not letting the sync finish, i know with the zune HD

while it syncs it says syncing

once the music is on the zune it says sync complete

But you have to wait until it says just "complete" to get the backgrounds

also make sure all of the artist are tagged correctly

EDIT: i didnt see ckacey post, my bad

Krissrock

Nov 12, 2010
damn, i hope this all gets straightened out. That's a big thing for me. It's really frustrating when u spend all that time organizing and getting all the info correct for your deviced and then it still doesn't work.
This may also have to do with how your artwork is organized on your pc. I find that following a similar setup to iTunes (giving each artist/album) their own folder, really helps things like WMP and other devices to get the album art right.

Graveworm

Aug 10, 2007
Hi.

I solved the problem.

Go to Zune (at your Desktop) and select the album with the missing cover than right-click there. Now you should see "Add cover" (or something similar)(I have the German Version). You can now add the cover and after the next sync with your Windows Phone you will see cover at your mobile device.

Hope it works for you, too.

davidebanks

Sep 1, 2008
getting the album art isnt the problem, the problem is getting the Artist background working. some albums will only display the cover, when they should show both the cover AND the artist background. i have yet to try leaving my phone attached to the pc and leaving it on all night as this seems really silly. but will do it anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont have a zune pass but i do get some artist backgrounds so im not sure if a zune pass is really needed.

I think the issue is specifically that you don't get artist backgrounds if you are in a region that doesn't offer the Zune pass/music marketplace. If you're in a supported region, you get the backgrounds whether or not you have a Zune pass subscription. If you're in a location that doesn't have access to the Zune music marketplace, you get nothing for artist info, even if you use Zune to manage your personal music collection, and get the album covers/tag info from Zune.
    I don't know about it working on the PC, but I've heard it's impossible to fully convert a Live ID to another locale. If it was originally created outside the US, that may still be blocking you from accessing some features that weren't available there.

Yes, it's a pain. Yes, we've all complained to MS about it.

You can try, rather than hard-resetting the phone, changing the Live ID using the Supreme Shortcuts app (I believe that's what it's called) on the Dev&Hacking sub-forum. It allows you to run the OOBE (initial setup) without hard-resetting.