GO Launcher EX = Your new favorite launcher :)

Search This thread

Stitch!

Sep 14, 2010
Utrecht
You can't create an invisible link to other screens with go launcher, I think launcherpro is the only one that can do this. For me this is the ultimate way of customizing so NO GO for me ;)

I did like the task manager function and the recent tab. Zeam is the best when it comes to smoothness and it like half the size of any launcher (probably even less) If you think Go launcher is smooth try zeam. And no GO was not choppy here, but not the best experience. Running a custom rom that is faster and light so thats not the case.. (darky 9.3 haha, there are smoother/faster roms you know)

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
You can't create an invisible link to other screens with go launcher, I think launcherpro is the only one that can do this. For me this is the ultimate way of customizing so NO GO for me ;)

I did like the task manager function and the recent tab. Zeam is the best when it comes to smoothness and it like half the size of any launcher (probably even less) If you think Go launcher is smooth try zeam. And no GO was not choppy here, but not the best experience. Running a custom rom that is faster and light so thats not the case.. (darky 9.3 haha, there are smoother/faster roms you know)

Good points from various people. I guess in the end its a matter of taste, for me launcher pro has always felt somewhat unstable. It provides some features I don't use without really adding the things that I do want. Most of these launchers are just way too similar to stock for me. I don't want 20 different ways to adjust the grid, I want an easy way organize apps. I dont want to spend hours setting up my homescreen to look like windows 7, I just want to flash a new rom and be done. Again I find the app tray as smooth as the rest, but maybe I dont care as much about how my icons move. About custom roms, I'll be flashing MIUI as soon as its finished which will be soon now that there is also an official build coming :)

john321

Jan 10, 2011
Just tried this and it was pretty good, although the app drawer wasn't so smooth (still on js5). I'll try it again when Doc's JPJ is released.
Also, can anyone recommend widgets similar to launcherpro... only reason i still use it.

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
Just tried this and it was pretty good, although the app drawer wasn't so smooth (still on js5). I'll try it again when Doc's JPJ is released.
Also, can anyone recommend widgets similar to launcherpro... only reason i still use it.

Scrollable News is nice (and scrolls perfectly :)
Pure Calendar
Not sure what you could replace the contact widget with.

vexatik

Feb 16, 2011
Bucharest
for me ok

For, Go Launcher, after trying ADW and Launcher Pro, is the choice.
tried it also with Go Sms and Go Contacts, works fine.
I also like Go Sketch Theme
No lags and choppy for sure. Could use indeed more organizing options on app drawer.

I'm on Darky 9.4

Would be useful indeed to have blank spaces in app drawer

Hopefully Go dev team will come with additional versions and integration with some other (I liked GO sms, go contacts, hopefully some other stock features would be replaceable by go features)

S39

Aug 14, 2010
I like GO launcher but it is slow with Live wallpaper
can you fix it ?

pritishd

Aug 30, 2010
This launcher is almost perfect, however there is this big issue of overlapping widget when you view it in landscape mode.

Once that is done then it would be perfect

alijanismayilov

Sep 10, 2010
Aberdeen
Please, could someone tell me how can I do so GO Launcher will do as TW do. I mean, when I open the apps and pressing BACK button it goes straight to the HOME screen in GO Launcher. I would like to know if it is possible to make it like TW, so when I am pressing BACK button, it would go to the place where the app was started? Please help me, if someone knows how. Thanks

blinde

Jul 12, 2010
GO launcher is near perfect. However I just realized that status bar can be modified for launchers. Like on WP7 launcher has it's own style where connection level bars are on left. How cool would it be if someone would implement WP7 or iPhone's style to this launcher, since android has pretty dull style with it's arrangement of icons in taskbar. All in right etc.

yajirob3

Jul 13, 2009
I like this launcher too.... My favorite is the swipe up and down gesture on the home screen. I map the down swipe gesture to activate "Screen Off and Lock", and now I got a very handy shortcut.

mgtroyas

Jul 21, 2008
app drawer is choppier because it always uses a background image. In ADW using a black plain opaque background makes it smoother.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

hackeron

Jan 23, 2011
I love this launcher. The only problem for me is that the app-drawer is very laggy.

Is it possible to change to a black background? Will try that if its possible.
EDIT: still lagg after changing to black background.

Do you guys have the same problem?

Last edited:

beaver2233

Feb 19, 2011
Sydney
I've being using GO for a while now..on JS8 stock and darky's 9.4 the app drawer was quite laggy/choppy as described by many in this thread..however since changing to JVK (2.3.3) that lag has disappeared and is smooth as anything :D

ZacAttack

Nov 24, 2010
I just moved from adw.launcher ex to this and I have to say I'm loving it. only thing i hate is that i constantly clear my ram and go launcher takes a few seconds to actually load.

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
I'm running this launcher since it was released and must say it is the best launcher hands down! It runs flawless on my Epic with no lag in app drawer. I love the folders in app drawer which sorts all my apps into nice categories! Latest update should also fix the lag people are complaining about. Now lets make this launcher run at a higher fps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am so impressed by this launcher I figured I owed it to the devs to spread the word.

If you are like me and just scratch your head sometimes at the look and functionality of the Android interface then do yourself a favor and try GO Launcher EX. While not radically different it has some really nice features in look and feel that make Android seem just a little less clunky.

I had not heard much about this launcher and was convinced that ADW EX followed by Launcher pro were the best options out there. I had my hopes set on a stable MIUI port to really satisfy my UI desires but this launcher might be all i need.

Things I like:

- Icon backgounds like in the touchwiz launcher but much nicer looking. This actually makes stock app icons look good.

- IOS style folders in both the apptray and on the home screens.

- Theme support. Not very many themes yet but those that are out seem to be of very high quality. Checkout the Classic and the Gre theme in the market.

- Integrated task manager in the apptray.

- Icon notifications that actually work properly.

- Fast smooth as silk and rock stable.

- It's free. No ads and no nag screens.

- It has all other common features of the well known launchers.

Try it out there is a good chance you will like it as much as I did.

theme_desk.png
    theme_allapp.png

f-0-8fc9a51427c5b7e4e473f1be764469241176e0bf

%E6%A1%8C%E9%9D%A2.jpg

Links:

Market Link

Notifications

Classic Theme

Gre Theme

Official Website